Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Java
zxlbxj1 Offline

24.08.2018 08:37
in their second-ever outing Antworten

mistaking her for an intruder in hisMASON, Ohio -- The doubles win streak of Canadian Vasek Pospisil and Jack Sock came to an end on Sunday as the pair lost 6-3, 6-2 to Bob and Mike Bryan in the Western & Southern Open final. Now, the hottest team on the ATP are pointing their sights on qualifying for the eight-team season finals in London next November. Pospisil has now established the year-end World Tour Finals as the benchmark for a breakthrough season, with Pospisil and Sock provisionally standing ninth. "It was a great week for us. We have to continue with the solid results if we want to make the finals," Pospisil said. "This was a great step towards that. Hopefully we can keep working and make it." Pospisil, from Vancouver, and Sock had won 14 consecutive matches since getting together on the eve of Wimbledon and starting their collaboration with the Grand Slam title at the All England Club, where they beat the Bryans in the final. They followed up last month by winning in Atlanta in their second-ever outing. The partners set a record in modern tennis, surpassing the previous best start by a new doubles team of 12-0 set in 1984-85 by Paul Annacone and Cristo Van Rensburg. "We had a great run but you just cant feel incredible in every match," said Pospisil. "Weve played a lot of good matches this summer. "Today we struggled with timing. But the Bryans were playing great and they jumped on us. Our first serves let us down a bit, but thats normal considering how well weve ben doing for." The Bryans, ranked No. 1 in the world, dumped Pospisil and Sock team in just 53 minutes, breaking three times and saving the only break point they faced. Pospisil and Sock are now headed for the US Open where they will try to duplicate their rookie Grand Slam success. "It was obviously fun to play those guys again," said Mike Bryan. "Wimbledon was such a great match going down to the wire 7-5 in the fifth. "We werent look at it as a revenge thing. Just another shot to win a title here in Cincinnati against a great team, against a really hot team. Thats the first match theyve lost, so its a very impressive run by them." Cheap NBA Jerseys . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. Cheap Nets Jerseys Authentic . Terry came from Boston along with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce but has appeared in just 35 games after a knee injury, averaging 4.5 points on 36 per cent shooting. Evans was a favourite of fans but not coach Jason Kidd, who used him in just 30 of their 51 games. http://www.cheapnetsjerseys.com/.Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. Wholesale Nets Jerseys . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday. Cheap Brooklyn Nets Jerseys . -- Golden State Warriors reserve centre Ognjen Kuzmic is expected to miss at least six weeks after undergoing surgery on his fractured right hand. NEW YORK -- Gio Gonzalez apparently gets his swing ready in spring training, too. The pitcher homered in his first start for the second straight season -- sprinting around the bases because he didnt realize it was gone -- and tossed three-hit ball to lead the Washington Nationals over the New York Mets 5-1 Wednesday night. "I think it was the fastest home run jog in baseball," Gonzalez said. "I was about to slide home!" Gonzalez also registered six of Washingtons 13 strikeouts, giving the staff a total of 31. In a post on Twitter, the Nationals said thats the most for any team after two games in modern major league history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. STATS confirmed the 31 whiffs by New York batters were the most in the first two games since at least 1914, surpassing the previous mark of 28 by Houston hitters against Texas last season. Ian Desmond also went deep and Jayson Werth had four hits for the Nationals, who followed up their 10-inning comeback on opening day with a more routine victory against one of Gonzalezs favourite foes. The left-hander walked one in six comfortable innings, improving to 6-0 with a 1.62 ERA in his last seven starts against New York. Left fielder Bryce Harper threw out a runner at the plate, and Denard Span scored twice following extra-base hits. "Today was definitely a little smoother for me personally," first-year Nationals manager Matt Williams said. "What you worry about is a little bit of a letdown, with everything coming out of spring and a day off, its easy to have a letdown. But they didnt. They were ready to go today, which was great." Mets manager Terry Collins stacked his lineup with eight right-handed hitters, but it hardly mattered. New York provided little support for Bartolo Colon (0-1), touched up for nine hits over six innings in his Mets debut. The beefy right-hander signed a $20 million, two-year contract in the off-season after going 18-6 with a 2.65 ERA for Oakland last year, when he finished serving a 50-game suspension for a positive drug test. Desmond and Gonzalez (1-0) both homered in the fifth against Colon. "I think I pitched very well," Colon said through a translator. "They were just coming out a little high, thats all." Drew Storen, Tyler Clippard and Craig Stammen finished a three-hitter. Mets closer Bobby Parnell has a partially torn elbow ligament that might require surgery, and new outfielder Chris Young came out in the second inning with tightness in his right quadriceps.dddddddddddd The injury kept Young on the bench in the opener. "I feel terrible about not being able to contribute," he said. Juan Lagares, an early bright spot, got the Mets off to a good start with a leadoff triple. He scored on David Wrights sacrifice fly, snapping Gonzalezs streak of 16 shutout innings at Citi Field. Consecutive doubles by Werth and Adam LaRoche tied it in the fourth. Desmond hit the first pitch of the fifth over the left-centre wall, and Gonzalez went deep two batters later. A right-handed batter, the pitcher drove a 2-2 delivery off the railing just above the shortened fence in left-centre at Citi Field. The ball caromed back onto the outfield grass and Gonzalez sprinted home, unaware that second base umpire Todd Tichenor was signalling home run. "That was epic. Thats going to go down in the memory bank for a long, long time," Desmond said. Back in the dugout and out in the bullpen, Gonzalezs teammates had a blast. "I was trying to catch my breath as the guys were piling on," Gonzalez said. "I was just trying to find an oxygen tank." The umpires didnt even look at a replay. "Even the bullpen guys were telling me, You were running away like you were running from the cops!" Gonzalez said. "I dont know what that is about, but I guess I know what it is now." It was Gonzalezs third career homer. He also connected during his first outing last season off Miamis Kevin Slowey, and in August 2012 against Houston right-hander Armando Galarraga. "He swung that bat good, didnt he?" Williams said. "Hes got bragging rights for a few days, anyway." Ruben Tejada tried to score from first when Lagares doubled inside third base with two outs in the fifth, but was cut down at the plate on a strong throw by Harper. "The things he can do with that arm are pretty special," Desmond said. "Your instincts tell you what a normal outfielder can do, not one with a Bazooka." NOTES: Williams recalled playing third base behind Colon when the right-hander made his major league debut with Cleveland in 1997. ... Washington RHP Jordan Zimmermann starts the series finale Thursday afternoon against RHP Zack Wheeler. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz