Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
panxing18 Offline

30.08.2018 08:51
Without those two, Kyle Murphy probably will start a Antworten

The Pittsburgh Penguins could lug a briefcase full of grudges into Game 3 of their second-round playoff series Tuesday night against the Washington Capitals at PPG Paints Arena.

They swear they won’t do that.

The Capitals won 4-1 Sunday in Game 2 to give the teams a split of the first two games in Washington.

In that game Cheap Kolton Miller Jersey , the Penguins thought a Capitals goal could have been waved off because of what they thought was interference by Brett Connolly on Pittsburgh goaltender Matt Murray; thought they should have been awarded a goal after a review; and were upset about a hit by Tom Wilson to the head of Pittsburgh’s Brian Dumoulin that knocked the defenseman out of the game and into the NHL’s concussion protocol.

By the end of practice Monday, the Penguins were ready to push ahead.

“It doesn’t do us any good moving forward,” Penguins captain Sidney Crosby said of holding onto the anger. “That’s the motivation to move on. We did some good things, especially in the second and third (periods) and we’ll build off of that, but worrying about the other stuff isn’t going to help us. We have a lot of good things to take away from that game.”

Dumoulin practiced Monday and is considered a game-time decision in terms of Tuesday’s lineup. He declined to comment on the fact that there was no penalty in the game for the hit and will be no supplemental punishment from the NHL, which did not set a hearing for Wilson.

“The league is a neutral party,” Washington coach Barry Trotz said when asked about Wilson’s hit before the Capitals flew to Pittsburgh on Monday.

“They look at it. Each organization, each fan base will have their own opinions. That’s why there’s a neutral party in this.”

Trotz pronounced his club healthy and ready to dress the same lineup for Game 3.

Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan said Dumoulin and two other prominent players are game-time decisions: center Evgeni Malkin, who was close to returning Sunday from a lower-body injury he suffered in Game 5 in the first round, and winger Carl Hagelin Keke Coutee Color Rush Jersey , who sustained a facial injury in Game 6 of the first round. Both practiced Monday, Hagelin with full face and jaw protection.

Regardless of those players’ status, the Capitals are wary of Pittsburgh despite their win Sunday. In Game 1, the Penguins overcame a two-goal deficit with three quick goals in the third period for a 3-2 win.

“We know what they’re about, and we know that they’ve got guys that can hurt you,” Connolly said. “In Game 1, that was tough. We played a really good game, I think, and they just kind of found a way to get some breaks and score some timely goals. I think we learned from that (in Game 2). We weren’t as loose; I think we were a little more solid as the game went on.”

Trotz hopes that carries over.

“You can never take your foot off the gas,” he said.

Washington dominated play early and scored first in both games. The Capitals have potted the first goal in seven of their eight postseason games and are outscoring opponents 10-2 in the first period.

Pittsburgh is bracing for a similar onslaught but hopes to match or top it this time.

“You expect them to come out hard. That’s pretty standard Kyle Lauletta Jersey Elite ,” Crosby said. “You have to find a way to either counter that or weather it. The first two games, we gave up a goal pretty early to give them some momentum. I think we just need to make sure that we’re on our toes, and that we have that mentality of playing with that same desperation.”
— Green Bay Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari avoided a serious injury after being carted off the field at practice during the weekend.

Bakhtiari was hurt during the Family Night practice on Saturday at Lambeau Field. He walked to a cart with his left shoe removed before being driven back to the locker room.

Bakhtiari twisted his ankle while retreating in pass protection. He likened it to a “typical basketball” injury.

“It was weird,” Bakhtiari said Monday, when the Packers returned to practice following a day off. “It didn’t really feel bad, just kind of putting some weight into it and it just told me no. That was kind of (why) I was worried, but it should be all right.”

Coach Mike McCarthy said Bakhtiari’s injury was “not of the long-term nature.” Bakhtiari will be evaluated as he goes through rehab.

“Obviously, you don’t want to get hurt but, thankfully, nothing catastrophic Dolphins Game Jerseys , nothing that is going to derail anything moving forward,” Bakhtiari said.

Good thing for the Packers, because he is one of their most important players given his role as quarterback Aaron Rodgers‘ reliable blind-side protector. He has been voted a second-team All-Pro each of the past two seasons.

Starting right tackle Bryan Bulaga just returned to practice on a limited basis following a right ACL injury that knocked him out at midseason last year.

Without those two, Kyle Murphy probably will start at left tackle and Jason Spriggs likely will start at right tackle for Thursday’s first preseason game, at home against Tennessee. Murphy started three games last season before a foot injury ended his season. Two of those came at left tackle.

Green Bay placed inside linebacker Jake Ryan on injured reserve on Monday, likely ending his season. One of the team’s best run-stoppers suffered a significant right knee injury in practice last week.

In that same practice, safety Kentrell Brice also was driven off the field on a cart, having re-injured the right ankle that required season-ending surgery last year. Brice, who had been taking first-team reps in the secondary, took part in some individual drills on Monday.

“It wasn’t broken Josey Jewell Jersey Elite , so it was a positive outlook,” Brice said. “Once they told me it wasn’t fractured or broken, I just started walking on it. I figured sprain, bruise, something like that. I’ll be all right.”

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz