Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

03.09.2018 10:29
on the wings.Finally Antworten

NEW YORK, N. Authentic Jarran Reed Jersey .Y. - Dale Scott figures hell hear plenty of foul language from angry hitters next season. Such is life for a Major League Baseball umpire.Theyll still yell at me when a 3-2 slider doesnt break their way, he told The Associated Press. But theyll be yelling at me because they didnt like my call, not because Im a gay umpire.Two weeks after Jason Collins retired as the NBAs first openly gay player, Scott added his name Tuesday to a growing list of gay and lesbian sports figures taking similar public steps. St. Louis Rams draft pick Michael Sam, NBA official Violet Palmer and WNBA star Brittney Griner are among those who have come out in recent years.Scott didnt want to make a huge announcement heading into his 30th big league season.The trade magazine Referee did a profile on the veteran crew chief in October, and didnt mention his sexuality. But the 55-year-old Scott wanted to share an important part of his life, and made the choice to include a picture of himself with partner Michael Rausch. They married in November 2013 in Palm Springs, California.The caption in Referee said: He and his longtime companion, Michael Rausch, travelled to Australia for the 2014 season opener between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.The website Outsports.com later interviewed Scott and posted its story Tuesday.Its not like this was a secret. Major League Baseball knew my situation and it hasnt had any effect on my career. Zero bearing, Scott told the AP. My fellow umpires have known for a long time.When I was home or out socially, I was gay, he said. In my professional life, I wasnt. At least, not officially.Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig praised Scott.To his friends and colleagues throughout the game, Dale is universally regarded as a class act, he said in a statement. All of us at Major League Baseball are very proud of him, just as we have always been.Scott has been an MLB umpire since 1986. He worked the World Series in 1998, 2001 and 2004, has called three All-Star games and plenty of playoff matchups, including the NL series between St. Louis and the Dodgers in October.Hes an excellent crew chief and umpire, MLB umpire Dan Iassogna told the AP.But above all, hes been a true friend to my family and me. Ive always been proud to walk with him, but never more proud than today, he said.No big league player or manager has been openly gay during their active career. Glenn Burke and Billy Bean are among the players who later said they were gay, as did umpire Dave Pallone.Scott said he understood coming out might open a Pandoras box when he takes the field next year.Well see when the season starts if this is still an issue, he said. I suspect no.In the immediate aftermath of the story becoming public, Scott said his cellphone and email blew up with messages.They all were all positive, except for one. I know thats going to happen, I understand it, he said.Scott met Rausch, an artist, after the 1986 season at a bar in Portland, Oregon. The two now split time between Portland and Palm Springs. When they married, the mayor of Palm Springs officiated the ceremony.Rausch is listed as Scotts domestic partner with MLB. The latest contract between the umpires union and MLB took effect in 2010 and permitted umps to include domestic partners to allow them to receive benefits.Scott said only once in his career has a player asked if he was gay, and that was through a mutual acquaintance, who brushed off the question.Im not saying there arent players on teams who havent heard things or mightve had an idea, he said. But no ones ever brought it up to me, or said anything about it to me while yelling at me for calling strike three. Authentic D.J. Alexander Jersey . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. Authentic Bradley McDougald Jersey . "I only want to go through this one more time," Crosby said Friday. The 24-year-old captain hasnt played since the symptoms resurfaced following a loss to Boston on Dec. 5. Doctors allowed him to return to full practice on Tuesday and while Crosby is pleased with the way his body is responding he refuses to put on his return. http://www.cheapseahawksjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-russell-wilson-jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left.Carlos Brathwaite popped into Sky Studios recently for a stint as an IPL pundit - and we managed to grab the big Barbadian for a quick chat about THAT World T20 over and his love of football. Brathwaite blasted four sixes in succession off Ben Stokes to earn West Indies a dramatic World T20 win over England in early April - and he spoke about that innings in the Sky Sports Zone. Brathwaite talks through hitting the four sixes in a row for West Indies in the World T20 final against England But the 27-year-old also humbly praised the efforts of his team-mates as the Caribbean side won the tournament for the second time, having also lifted the trophy in Sri Lanka in 2012.Brathwaite also opened up about what he took from his IPL experience with Delhi Daredevils and teaming with England and Kent star Sam Billings.Plus, he had plenty to say on Jose Mourinho taking over at his beloved Manchester United, which players he would like to see at Old Trafford next season, and his Euro 2016 tips... Jose Mourinho visits the Manchester Uniteds training complex Hi Carlos - what are your memories of your match-winning performance in Kolkata?I was just focussed on getting us over the line. It was a tremendous team achievement - yes, my four sixes stole the show but we shouldnt forget about Marlon Samuels knock of 85 and a couple of bowling spells from Dwayne Bravo. Throughout the tournament, though, someone stood up when we needed them to. That was more important than having superstars.Can you think of a better sporting finish?A lot of people are ranking it among the best but its hard to judge something I was part of, even though it was obviously memorable. As a Manchester United fan, though, theres another great sporting finish Id love to forget - Sergio Agueros last-minute winner against QPR in 2012, the goal that won Manchester City the league from under our noses! Brathwaite and Marlon Samuels celebrate West Indies World T20 win What did you learn from playing in the IPL?I have definitely grown as a player - learning how to play spin is something I can now take back to the Caribbean and hopefully build a Test career out of. However, I have also grown as a person and learned how to handle the media and people who constantly want photos during your personal time. Authentic Shaun Alexander Jersey. How did your team-mates help you in that regard?I saw how humble JP Duminy and Imran Tahir, as well as Delhi mentor Rahul Dravid, have remained despite all they have achieved in the game - it made me take a step back and appreciate that people are interested in me. You have to give back to them and not treat fame as a burden. It made me take a step back and appreciate that people are interested in me. You have to give back to them and not treat fame as a burden. Carlos Brathwaite on the IPL What are the best and worst things about Billings?Best - his impression of Danny Morrison. Worst - the fact he beats me at Fifa!Are you happy with the appointment of Mourinho at Manchester United?I think Jose will bring back the winning mentality - and lure Zlatan Ibrahimovic. We need our swagger back at Old Trafford and Ibra could be the man to bring it. It will be interesting to see how Mourinho operates off the field and whether our young players get opportunities. That was something - perhaps the only thing - Van Gaal did well. Carlos says Zlatan Ibrahimovic can bring Uniteds swagger back Do you have any reservations?Not really. One thing Jose does do is take the pressure off his players and once he strikes a balance between that and being a little more cordial then he should do okay. If his antics are a by-product of success, though, so be it.Who would you class as your favourite Manchester United player off all time, as well as in the current squad?My favourite of all time is Cristiano Ronaldo but of the current squad Id have to say David de Gea. I also love the way Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial play the United way - every time they get the ball they run, cross, shoot and try to make things happen. David de Gea is Brathwaites favourite current United player Anyone else?Ander Herrera is a complete midfielder and hasnt really had the chances I think he deserves. When he plays we go forward, without him we tend to be a bit sideways. Id love him, Wayne Rooney and Morgan Schneiderlin in midfield next season with Ibra the focal point and Martial and Antoine Griezmann on the wings.Finally, how do you think England will get on in the Euros?The England football team need to take a leaf out of the England cricket teams book - go out there, express yourself and have fun. If they drop the pressure, then their young players will be fine. Ill be supporting Portugal, because of Ronaldo and because I always admired Rui Costa back in the day, but I think France are the most well-balanced team. They have a great chance of winning.Brathwaite is currently playing for West Indies in a one-day Tri-Series in the Caribbean against Australia and South Africa. Watch each game live on Sky Sports. Also See: Tri-Series on Sky Sports Brathwaites batting freedom Windies win World T20 Get Sky Sports Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz