Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.09.2018 05:54
INDIANAPOLIS -- A slick surface was all it took for Sebastian Saavedra to win his first IndyCar Series pole. [url=http://www.the Antworten

INDIANAPOLIS -- A slick surface was all it took for Sebastian Saavedra to win his first IndyCar Series pole. Cam Robinson Jersey . It was also just enough to slip Ryan Hunter-Reay out of the top starting spot for Saturdays Grand Prix of Indianapolis. Saavedra won the pole Friday when Hunter-Reay appeared to drive through a patch of standing water that caused him to spin and crash at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The accident exiting Turn 14 came on the lap after Hunter-Reay had moved to the provisional pole, and IndyCar penalized him by taking away his two fastest laps for causing a session-ending caution. "We definitely gave that one away," Hunter-Reay said. "Every time through there I almost lost it. I had a few big moments there, but in qualifying youve got to go for it. In the wet, youre always going for it. "Theres a very fine line between stepping over getting that good lap in the wet and throwing it off." Rain showers changed the track conditions for each of the four qualifying sessions, and it picked up moments before the start of the final Fast Six session. IndyCar brought the cars back to pit road because of standing water on the track for a red-flag period that lasted about 20 minutes. Saavedra had just bumped rookie Jack Hawksworth from the pole when Hunter-Reay turned his fast lap. But the IndyCar rule is to strip a driver of his two fastest laps for bringing out a red flag during qualifying, so Hunter-Reay was dropped to third. Hunter-Reay, the only driver to advance to the Fast Six through the first four races of the season, has not started lower than third this year. But his Andretti Autosport team had work to do to repair his bright yellow No. 28, which sustained heavy damage to the right rear of the car. Saavedra, who turned a lap at 1 minute, 23.8822 seconds, will lead the field to the green flag for the first IndyCar road course race at Indianapolis. "I love the rain," Saavedra said. "It was crazy at first because we didnt know what to expect from the track -- if it was going to be wet, if it was going to be dry. The whole session was just weird. It started to rain and went from wet, to dry, to super dry, to super wet. I loved it." The previous road course was reconfigured into a 14-turn, 2.439-mile course to accommodate IndyCar, which is using the race to open the speedway and create buzz in advance of the Indianapolis 500. Drivers for the first time are running clockwise at the famed speedway, which will run the Grand Prix on Saturday and then revert to the traditional oval Sunday for the opening practice for the May 25 main event. Because the event and the track configuration are new, the field may be even headed into Saturdays race. It appeared even when Saavedra advanced into his first Fast Six of the season, then hung on to win the pole and give IndyCar a relatively inexperienced front row. Saavedra has 41 career starts dating to 2010, but his longtime backer this year brought him to KV Racing, the team that won the Indianapolis 500 last year with Tony Kanaan. Hawksworth, starting on the outside of Saavedra, has three previous starts. The British driver is in his first season with Bryan Herta Autosport. Hawksworth spent last season racing Indy Lights, where he won three times. Meanwhile, a tough qualifying assignment made it a nearly impossible session for Andretti Autosport, which had all five of its cars in the first group. With only six drivers advancing from that group, the odds were stacked against the organization. Indeed, only Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe moved on while Marco Andretti, Carlos Munoz and Franck Montagny were eliminated. "Obviously, Im not very happy," Andretti said. "It was a team decision to go out, we were worried about the wet, but we plateaued too early and the track got better at the end. Weve been on the outside looking in of this hundredth of a second. Im losing sleep over this couple hundredths of a second." Wished good luck for Saturdays race, Andretti, who will start 13th, said: "Thanks, Im going to need it." Mikhail Aleshin, the first Russian in IndyCar history, had been strong through three practices and advanced into the second round of qualifying. But his fastest laps were wiped out when he was hit with an interference penalty. He and Sebastien Bourdais had raced each other hard for many laps two weeks ago at Barber, and Bourdais was eventually penalized for contact. The two drivers disagree wildly on who was to blame. Simon Pagenaud, teammates with the rookie but friendly with Bourdais since their days racing in France, wasnt sure what happened in qualifying. "What I know is him and Sebastien Bourdais are becoming best friends," Pagenaud joked. Telvin Smith Jersey . The Rangers centre left early in Game 1 with an upper body injury after being checked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver and has not played since. Brassard told reporters after practice that he was good to go. That brought a smile to the face of Rangers coach Alain Vigneault. Abry Jones Jersey . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Logan-Cooke-Draft-Jersey/ . Seriously. Seven years of losing has brought many different faces, players and management, to the annual pre-season get-to-know-the-team round up.HOUSTON - The Cleveland Indians relied on their pitching again, and their offence came alive just in time to beat the Houston Astros. Mike Aviles sacrifice fly in the 13th inning scored Jose Ramirez and gave the Indians a 2-1 win on Thursday night. Ramirez doubled with one out before Samuel Deduno (2-6) walked Michael Brantley and Carlos Santana to set up Aviles fly to right. Jake Marisnicks throw to the plate was offline, and Ramirez scored easily. "When I first hit it, I was like, Man, that would be my luck because I know Jake has a really good arm," Aviles said. "The first thing I thought was (Ramirez) would get thrown out. When I saw the throw, I thought we got this run, so we needed to hang on." Kyle Crockett (4-0) got the Indians out of trouble in the 12th, and Cody Allen pitched the 13th for his 22nd save. "I think we say every day that we need to be one run better," Cleveland manager Terry Francona said. "Were sort of taking that to the extreme, but we won. And when you win a game like that, it doesnt matter how hard it was when its over." With the win, the Indians stayed within striking distance in the AL playoff chase with 10 games left. Cleveland is 5 games out in the AL Central race and four games off the pace in the chase for two wild card spots. "The one thing we have to worry about is ourselves," Aviles said. "We have to come out and play every game and try to win every game. Whatever happens, happens. We are at a point where we kind of dug ourselves a hole with how we played earlier in the year. "When you think about it, you have to go out there and try to win every game." Santana tied it 1-1 in the ninth, driving in Ramirez with an RBI single to right off Chad Qualls. He got the final two outs of the inning to escape without further damage. Clevelands pitching was superb in the four-game series against the Astros, allowing only six runs. "Whatever it takes to win is what we have to try to do," Francona said. Barry Church Jersey. . Marisnick had an RBI single in the fourth to put Houston in front 1-0. "That stings," Marisnick said of the loss. "For our pitchers to go out and pitch like they did and not give them some run support and get out of there with a win, it definitely stings a little bit." Astros starter Scott Feldman allowed one run and four hits with two strikeouts as he pitched into the ninth inning for the third time in four starts. Feldman retired 15 straight batters before Lonnie Chisenhalls two-out single in the eighth. "He went out there and shut them down for eight innings," Astros interim manager Tom Lawless said of Feldman. Cleveland starter Danny Salazar gave up one run and five hits with nine strikeouts in 7 1-3 innings. TRAINERS ROOM: Indians 2B Jason Kipnis left the game after the seventh inning because of right hamstring tightness. He is listed as day-to-day. Kipnis was replaced by Aviles. ON DECK: Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer (5-8) will take the mound Friday in the first of a three-game series at Minnesota. The Indians have lost each of Bauers last four starts after winning four straight. Astros: RHP Brad Peacock (4-8) will start for Houston against the Seattle Mariners on Friday as the teams begin a three-game series. Peacock, who was scratched from his scheduled start on Monday with back soreness, is 1-0 with a 1.66 ERA in his last four starts. ASTROS MOVE TRIPLE-A AFFILIATE: The Houston Astros signed a two-year contract to move their Triple-A affiliate to Fresno, California, from Oklahoma City, which had been the home to the Astros Triple-A team since 2011. The Los Angeles Dodgers announced Wednesday they were moving their Triple-A affiliation to Oklahoma City starting next year. Fresno had been the home to the San Francisco Giants Triple-A team, but the Giants moved their top minor league home to Sacramento, California. Cheap Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Rams Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Packers Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz