Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 37 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

15.09.2018 05:59
NIMES, France -- Almost at the line, Jack Bauer and Martin Elmiger were exhausted but could see it coming -- their first Tour de Antworten

NIMES, France -- Almost at the line, Jack Bauer and Martin Elmiger were exhausted but could see it coming -- their first Tour de France stage victory. Justin Watson Womens Jersey . Those last 50 metres, however, got in the way. A bunch of sprinters leading the pack came speeding like a runaway train and plowed past the huffing breakaway duo in the final milliseconds. Stage 15 belonged to Norwegian speedster Alexander Kristoff, his second stage victory in this Tour. The 138-mile (222-kilometre) stage went smoothly for overall leader Vincenzo Nibali of Italy. He made sure his main rivals couldnt claw back any time, and he kept his yellow jersey by finishing in the trailing pack. After two days in the Alps, Sundays stage offered some relief over a flat course from Tallard, southeast Frances parachuting capital, toward Nimes, known for its Roman arena and bullfighting. More relief comes Monday -- a second rest day. This ride showed yet again on the Tour how mighty efforts so often go unrewarded. Bauer is a New Zealander who had a better shot of holding off the sprinters than Swiss champion Elmiger. Bauer dropped his bike after the finish line, sat on the ground and cupped his face in his hands, crying. They had led nearly from the starters gun. "Its a fantasy for any cyclist to win a stage at the Tour and especially for a Kiwi cyclist, not many of us turn professional and not many of us get a chance to start the Tour de France," Bauer said. The 29-year-old rider came to the Tour to help Garmin-Sharp leader Andrew Talansky, who dropped out before Stage 12 because of injuries from an earlier crash. The pack perfectly timed its move on the breakaway duo and proved too strong. Bauer was pedaling with his last remaining strength, and when he looked back a last time they were already zooming by. He finished in 10th place, with Elmiger 16th. "I really gave it absolutely everything, and as you can see from my meltdown at the finish I was pretty disappointed to come away empty-handed," Bauer added, noting hes usually a support rider. "I thought I had it, but then I realized in the last 50 metres that I had nothing." The Swiss rider with IAM Cycling took it more in stride. This, after all, wasnt the first breakaway to fail in this Tour. "I am not disappointed because I actually did not have the best legs today," Elmiger said. "Being caught by the pack is not so bad when you are convinced you have given everything. As I have already said three times this Tour after breaks have failed, one of these days the wheels will turn in my favour." Kristoff, a Katusha rider who also won Stage 12, sighed in relief. "It was a little bit late for comfort. It was very close," he said. "I thought I would be second. ... We turned on the gas." "Of course, thats a pity for them, but I dont feel sorry for them," he said. "Normally, the break should never have had a chance, but they did. They were really strong guys. ... That must have been really hard." With about 12 miles (20 kilometres) left, rain briefly doused the riders, though skies brightened by the end. A series of roundabouts and leg fatigue among the sprinters after the Alpine stages gave an advantage to the breakaway pair until the final seconds. Nibali kept his main rivals for the Tour title at bay. He leads Spains Alejandro Valverde by 4:37 while Romain Bardet of France is third, 4:50 behind. American Tejay van Garderen is fifth, 5:49 back. Nibali, the leader of Kazakh team Astana, is in good shape to take the yellow jersey when the three-week race ends next Sunday in Paris. Some of his closest rivals have already said the race is now for second place. The Italian has shown savvy -- gaining time on cobblestone patches in Stage 2 -- and nearly insurmountable dominance on high climbs. He won Stage 13s entree into the Alps and was second a day later, also in the snow-capped mountains. On Sunday, Nibali showed he wasnt leaving any chances to his rivals. With about 39 miles (65 kilometres) left, he sped out of the pack and briefly took the lead. "At that moment, there was a lot of side wind," he said. "I really didnt want to miss the good opportunity and try to move up into position ... because when theres wind, you have to be at the front." More grueling climbs loom in the Pyrenees this week before the only individual time trial of this Tour on Saturday. Authentic Buccaneers Jerseys . Liriano pitched in and out of trouble in his duel with Josh Beckett, and Ike Davis homered to help the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 2-1 Friday night. Jordan Whitehead Womens Jersey .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. http://www.cheapbuccaneersjerseys.net/carlton-davis-womens-jersey/ .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans.HALIFAX - Mitch Gagnon may want to check his opponents ID when he steps into the cage Saturday night on a televised UFC card. The 29-year-old bantamweight from Sudbury, Ont., is on his third opponent, with Roman (El Gallito) Salazar stepping in this week for Rob Font, who had replaced Aljamain Sterling. Its part of the fight game, Gagnon said philosophically of the injury-related revolving door. Salazar (9-2) is a 26-year-old Tucson cable technician making his UFC debut. Gagnon (11-2) only found about his new opponent Monday but doesnt seem fazed. He says hes not big on game-plans. Im just going to do me, he said. Im positive Ill be come coming out victorious on Saturday. Gagnon, a prickly pocket rocket, has flown under the radar despite winning nine of his last 10 fights. He has won three straight since losing his UFC debut to Bryan Caraway via third-round submission at UFC 149 — a defeat that nevertheless earned him a US$65,000 bonus for fight of the night. The five-foot-five 135-pounder subsequently scored first-round submissions of Walel Watson and Dustin Kimura before winning a decision over Tim Gorman. Gagnons guillotine choke win over Kimura at UFC 165 in Toronto earned him a $50,000 bonus for submission of the night. That fight showed Gagnons heart. He was hurt by a Kimura body shot but promptly took his opponent down. Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys. After escaping a heel hook, he hurt Kimura from top position. The fight ended when Kimura passed out from a guillotine choke after Gagnon stuffed a takedown attempt. He gave up six inches in height to Watson but floored him with a left and then locked in a rear-naked choke for a 69-second win at UFC 152. Ten of Gagnons 11 wins have come by submission, with six via guillotine choke. His cauliflower ears attest to an extensive grappling background. You dont get that ear playing tennis, UFC commentator Joe Rogan said dryly prior to the Kimura fight. It was an impressive comeback for Gagnon, who sat out a year after the Watson fight due to knee surgery. While focused on Salazar, Gagnon would like another shot at Caraway down the line. No excuses, he was the better man that day, Gagnon said. I just feel like Ive gotten better and he stayed the same. Gagnon, a former wrestler who took up MMA training some seven years ago, spent two months training for this fight in the Toronto area, with the occasional visit of his fiancee from Sudbury. He walks around at about 155 pounds, hitting 165 if I let myself go a little bit. As of Wednesday he was 147 pounds, still eating big meals and drinking water. Im doing everything right as far as the weight cut goes, he said. Im doing it as healthy as I can. Cheap Chargers Hoodies Cheap Browns Hoodies Cheap Texans Hoodies Cheap Ravens Hoodies Cheap Panthers Hoodies Cheap Jets Hoodies Cheap Titans Hoodies Cheap Chiefs Hoodies Cheap Bills Hoodies Cheap Colts Hoodies Cheap Cardinals Hoodies Cheap Buccaneers Hoodies Cheap Rams Hoodies Cheap Jaguars Hoodies Cheap Falcons Hoodies Cheap Bengals Hoodies ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz