Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

26.09.2018 09:18
TORONTO - The final score was 4-1 for Toronto but there were several different twists to the storyline before the Maple Leafs pu Antworten

TORONTO - The final score was 4-1 for Toronto but there were several different twists to the storyline before the Maple Leafs put the Calgary Flames away with two empty-net goals Tuesday night. Thomas Vermaelen Jersey .Leading 1-0 after the first, Toronto went into overdrive in a second period that saw it build its lead to 2-0 while outshooting the Flames 13-4.Calgary woke up in the third period — its 39 goals and plus-23 differential in the third led the league going into the game — and cut the margin to 2-1 less than four minutes in. The Flames outshot the Leafs 16-8 in the period, mounting a comeback that finally faltered with Jonas Hiller out for the extra attacker.Through it all, Jonathan Bernier held firm in the Toronto goal with 32 saves.Bernier came up with big saves at the right time, Calgary coach Bob Hartley said. We knew what to expect because hes been real hot in the last past games.I thought we played a decent first period, a great third period. But on the road against a team that is playing really well you need a full 60-minute effort.Our second period wasnt good enough, said Flames forward Matt Stajan.Toronto coach Randy Carlyle understandably had a different view of the timeline.The second period was probably one of the best periods weve played this year, he said.But it didnt stick. Carlyle said his team sat back in the third, stopped hitting and had to chase the action.James van Riemsdyk scored the winner early in the second period, traditionally a fertile time for the Leafs. Toronto came into the game with a league-leading 39 goals in the second.Peter Holland opened the scoring for Toronto, which got empty-net goals from Phil Kessel and Mike Santorelli. The Maple Leafs, who are now 12-0-0 when scoring first, wrapped up a five-game homestand at 4-1-0 before 19,122 at the Air Canada Centre.Markus Granlund scored for the Flames, who played well in the first period but trailed 2-0 going into the third.Calgary, which came into the game 9-0-1 after a loss, outshot Toronto 33-29.The Leafs (15-9-3) are now 6-1-1 since a pair of lopsided losses to Buffalo and Nashville.Asked if the 9-2 Nashville loss on Nov. 18 was a turning point, Carlyle said: I knew it couldnt get much worse. It was bad.You get thumped 9-2 at home, its not a lot of fun. I dont care what market youre in.The Flames (17-10-2) were coming off a 3-2 loss to San Jose that snapped a four-game win streak.Toronto got a sharp outing from Bernier in his career-high ninth straight start and 11th in 12 games. Bernier, who made 44 saves in Saturdays win over Vancouver, came into the game with a 3-1-0 career mark against Calgary with a 1.75 goals-against average and .944 save percentage.A goal-saving stop by Bernier on Johnny Gaudreau in close midway through the first period turned into a goal at the other end when, on the ensuing rush, Joffrey Lupul beat a defender down the boards and sent the puck over to the net. David Clarksons rebound went to Holland, who stuffed it in at 10:46 for his seventh of the season and second in as many games.For the 26-year-old goalie, it was a welcome good night at the office. The soft-spoken Bernier made headlines after a recent Toronto Raptors event marking the first anniversary of the death of Nelson Mandela when, appearing somewhat confused, he referred to the former South African president and human rights crusader as an tremendous athlete.Bernier apologized later, saying he had got nervous and mixed up on the red carpet.He was back in his element Tuesday.Im feeling pretty confident, pretty comfortable out there, he said. I think we have some pretty good chemistry with my D (defence) as well.Carlyle said the Leafs have to be careful not to overplay Bernier, but that the recent schedule has allowed the goalie to have the proper rest between games. James Reimer may finally get to play Wednesday in Detroit.Hiller, who had lost all four previous starts against the Leafs, was in the Flames goal after five consecutive starts by Karri Ramo.The Leafs made it 2-0 on the power play at 2:51 of the second, after a heads-up play by Nazem Kadri. Rather than shooting himself from the face-off dot, the Toronto centre slid a perfect pass over to van Riemsdyk, who redirected the puck past Hiller from in front for his 11th of the season.Dion Phaneuf got an assist on the play, the ex-Flames first career point against Calgary in seven games.Toronto outshot Calgary 6-0 in the first 8 1/2 minutes of the second period and were outshooting the visitors 11-1 some 11 minutes into the period.The Leafs got sloppy as the second ended, with one sequence having two Toronto players without sticks after Stephane Robidas lost his and fumbled a stick handover from Clarkson.Kessel showed great skill early in the third, knocking down a high pass from behind him and then flicking it to linemate Tyler Bozak whose shot was stopped by Hiller. The Swiss goalie then stopped Clarkson on a rush.A penalty for too many men on the ice then cost the Leafs as Granlund beat his man and tucked a fine pass from Mark Giordano past Bernier to cut the lead to 2-1 at 3:48. It was his fourth goal of the season.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Samuel Umtiti Jersey . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. Nelson Semedo Jersey .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. http://www.fcbarcelonapro.com/ .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. INDIANAPOLIS -- Ryan Hunter-Reay peeked around Helio Castroneves, then reversed course and dipped inside for a daredevil pass and the lead in the Indianapolis 500. Castroneves charged back to the front, winning a drag race down the frontstretch at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. And then, in a stirring wheel-to-wheel battle between a pair of bright yellow cars, Hunter-Reay seized the lead once more Sunday as the drivers hurtled across the Yard of Bricks with a single, 2.5-mile lap remaining. With nobody in front of him, Hunter-Reay used the entire track to keep Castroneves in his rearview mirror. He nipped him at the line by less than half a car length, denying his Brazilian rival a chance at history Sunday and becoming the first American in eight years to win the Indy 500. "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" had lived up to its nickname. "This race was ridiculously close and competitive," Hunter-Reay said. "Just glad I picked the right time to go." The finish was well worth the wait -- to the fans who watched 150 laps of caution-free racing, to the drivers who bided their time unsure of when they should charge to the front and to Hunter-Reay, who finally got to drink the celebratory milk in his seventh try. He beat Castroneves by just 0.060 seconds -- only the 1992 race had a closer finish when Al Unser Jr. beat Scott Goodyear by 0.043 seconds. "Im a proud American boy, thats for sure," Hunter-Reay said in Victory Lane before he was joined by his wife and son. "Ive watched this race since I was sitting in diapers on the floor in front of the TV. My son did it today. He watched me here. Im thrilled. This is American history, this race. This is American tradition." He was serenaded by chants of "USA! USA!" as he made his way around the post-race celebrations. He was joined by son Ryden, born shortly after Hunter-Reays 2012 IndyCar championship and wearing a miniature version of his fathers firesuit as his parents kissed the bricks. Castroneves, trying to become the fourth driver to win a fourth Indianapolis 500, settled for second. He needed several moments to compose himself, slumped in his car, head down and helmet on. The Brazilian said a caution with 10 laps to go broke his rhythm as red flag came out so track workers could clean debris and repair a track wall. "It was a great fight," he smiled. "I tell you what, I was having a great time. Unfortunately, second. Its good, but second sucks, you know what I mean?" Marco Andretti finished third and Carlos Munoz was fourth as Andretti Autosport had three cars in the top four, as well as the winner. Kurt Busch, also in a Honda for Andretti, finished sixth in his first race of the day. He left immediately for a flight after the race and arrived about an hour later in North Carolina for Sunday nights Coca-Cola 600, where his attempt to become the second driver to complete 1,100 miles in both races on the same day ended when his car blew an engine late. Busch ended up completing about 907 miles. "All in all, Im very pleased. I cannot believe the execution of this team," Busch said before hustling away for a helicopter ride to his waiting plane. Paco Alcacer Jersey. "I tried to enjoy it. My throats real dry because I was smiling the whole time and the fresh air was coming in my mouth." Marco Andretti appeared to have a shot at the win, but after the final restart he never could mix it up with Hunter-Reay and Castroneves as the two leaders swapped position four times in the final five laps. So certain his son would be a contender for the victory Sunday, Michael Andretti was just as thrilled with Hunter-Reays win. "Ryans just been a huge part of our team, a great guy, a friend," said Michael Andretti, who won for the third time as a team owner. "He deserves it. He deserves to have his face on that trophy. If it couldnt be Marco, hes the next guy I wanted." A year ago, Hunter-Reay was passed for the lead with three laps remaining and went on to finish third as the race finished under caution. He was leading Sunday and had control of the race until Townsend Bells crash brought out the red flag. Hunter-Reay figured he was a sitting duck as the leader, his chances over. "I cant get a break," he lamented on his team radio. But after swapping the lead with Castroneves three times, including a dramatic inside move in Turn 3, Hunter-Reay made the final and decisive pass as the two cars took the white flag. "At the end of the day theres stupid and bravery, and I think we were right there on the edge, both of us," Castroneves said. "Im glad we both come out in a good way. Im sad it did not come out the way I wanted." Alex Tagliani of Lachenaie, Que., placed 13th while Jacques Villeneuve of Iberville, Que., was right behind him in 14th. The race went a record 150 laps without a caution as the pace zipped along and Busch at one point had no worries at all about getting to North Carolina in time for NASCARs longest event of the year. Then a Charlie Kimball spin brought out the first yellow, a crash by Scott Dixon led to a second caution and a risky three-wide move on the next restart caused pole-sitter Ed Carpenter and Canadian James Hinchcliffe to wreck. Carpenter was livid, calling out Hinchcliffe for an "amateur" move. "The moment when Hinch decided to make it three-wide was more than any of us could handle," Carpenter said. "I told him if he didnt have a concussion last week I would have punched him in the face." Hinchcliffe, of Oakville, Ont., cleared to drive last weekend after suffering a concussion two weeks ago in the Grand Prix of Indianapolis, accepted responsibility. "I was the last guy on the scene," he said. "I have to take the blame, for sure. I feel really bad for (Carpenter) because he had a great month and was doing a great job." The race resumed and Hunter-Reay was in control until the fourth and final caution, which led IndyCar to throw a rare red flag to allow the drivers a chance to race to the finish. "It went green the whole way and I love that," Hunter-Reay said. "Winning it under green like that with just a fantastic finish -- I hope the fans loved it because I was on the edge of my seat." Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz