Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

29.09.2018 08:28
KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Zach Johnson still looks at himself as David, even though the results are starting to suggest Goliath. [url=h Antworten

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Zach Johnson still looks at himself as David, even though the results are starting to suggest Goliath. Matt Slauson Jersey . Growing up in Iowa, his passion for sports was fueled by the player or the team that was not big enough, not strong enough, not good enough to win. He had reason to feel that way at Kapalua for the Tournament of Champions, where he started the final round two shots behind on a course that is suited for power players. It proved to be the perfect recipe for another victory. Johnson didnt blast his way around the Plantation Course as much as he picked it apart, mostly with his irons, especially with his putter. He tied for the lead with an approach from 195 yards into 4 feet for birdie on No. 7. He took the outright lead with a wedge into 2 feet on No. 12. And he pulled away from Jordan Spieth, Jason Dufner, Kevin Streelman and everyone else with three straight birdies for a 7-under 66. "Hit some quality shots that certainly helped," he said. "But I think quality putts helped even more." Johnson started a new year the same way he ended the last one -- by winning. Unlike a month ago in California, when he holed out from the drop zone on the last hole and beat Tiger Woods in a playoff, Johnson didnt doing anything spectacular. He didnt need to. Johnson missed only one fairway. He missed only two greens. He picked his spots and played to his strengths, went bogey-free and matched the best round of the day. That kind of golf wins anywhere. And Johnson seems to be winning a lot lately. Not only was it his 11th career win on the PGA Tour, it was his third win worldwide in his last six starts. It started with the BMW Championship outside Chicago, which made him eligible for this winners-only tournament on the west end of Maui. Dating to his rookie season in 2004, only Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Vijay Singh have more PGA Tour victories. David or Goliath? "I still have that vision," Johnson said of the underdog role, even though the numbers dont back that up. Johnson will say his last three wins were against small fields -- 70 players in the BMW Championship, 18 players in the World Challenge, 30 players at Kapalua. He also faced strong fields at a playoff event, a holiday event with 18 of the top 30 in the world, and a winners-only gathering Hawaii. "Ive put myself in a place that is a little foreign to me," he said. "Some of the numbers, Im not exactly comfortable with -- top 10 in the world, that kind of thing. But Im also a realist. I know this game at some point could beat me up again. So Ive got to keep doing what Im doing, try to keep things very simple." Spieth was playing in the final group for the first time, and he held up beautifully. He made birdie on both par 5s on the front nine to take a one-shot lead, and kept his goal of making three birdies on the back nine. He just got started too late and ran out of holes. And three pars on the three easiest holes on the back nine -- 14, 15 and 16 -- didnt help. Spieth didnt trust his read on two short putts at the 14th and 16th, and he came up just short on the par-5 15th. "Yes!" he said, when the ball took off his hybrid like a rocket, headed for the front portion of the green. "Youve got to be kidding me," he said when he saw the ball retreat down a slope. He didnt connect properly on a delicate pitch, and the ball came back down the slope. Spieth had to scramble for par. Three shots behind, he closed with two birdies for a 70 to finish one shot behind. Streelman had a 67 and tied for third with Webb Simpson, who had a 70. Five players had a share of the lead at one point, which included Dustin Johnson early and Jason Dufner late. Dustin Johnson, tied for the 54-hole lead with Spieth and Simpson, made three bogeys before he recorded a birdie. He chipped poorly and shot 73. Dufners rally was undone by a three-putt par on the 15th, and then a shot in to the hazard on the 17th that ended his hopes for good. The last man standing was Zach Johnson, a position with which he is becoming familiar. He tried to imagine what he would have said if told that going into his 11th season on the PGA Tour, he already would have 12 victories worldwide, a top-10 ranking and golf bags from having played on six national teams. "It would have been more than I thought," Johnson said, still seeing himself as David. Al Woods Jersey . Watch the action live on TSN and listen on TSN 1050 Radio beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. The Raptors maintained their spot atop the Atlantic Friday after defeating the Wizards, 96-88, for their second win in a row. Nyheim Hines Jersey . The Professional Referee Organization, which manages game officials for the U.S. Soccer Federation and MLS, notified the Professional Soccer Referee Association of the lockout and said replacement officials will be used. http://www.coltsfansshop.com/Colts-Le-Raven-Clark-Draft-Jersey/ . The defeat leaves the 41-year-old Nestor to concentrate on the mixed-doubles event after winning 12 straight matches and winning Australian titles in Brisbane and Sydney with two different partners. "This was a little bit of a let down, but all credit to them," said Nestor.ORLANDO, Fla. - Adam Scott didnt have to look as far down the leaderboard to find players who suddenly are a real threat to win at Bay Hill. He described them as players who are "hungry to win," and Scott served them up an appetizer Saturday in the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Staked to a seven-shot lead at the start of the third round, the Masters champion hit enough loose shots and missed just enough par putts to lose more than half his lead and turn his quest to be No. 1 in the world into a bigger battle that he would have preferred. Scott made a 7-foot par putt on the final hole for a 1-under 71, giving him a three-shot lead over Keegan Bradley going into Sunday. "I think Ive got to go out and try to win the golf tournament (Sunday)," Scott said. "Im not trying to win the No. 1 ranking. Ive got a bunch of guys breathing down my neck who all have had nice rounds today and are feeling pretty good about the way theyre playing going into tomorrow. So Im going to have to play a pretty sharp round of golf and not open the door at all." Scott was at 15-under 201. Bradley birdied his last three holes, taking on the flag at the 18th with a 9-iron from 167 yards that narrowly cleared the rocks framing the lake and settled 4 feet from the flag. That was the final touch on an eight-birdie round of 66 that put him in the final group. "I just kind of like that underdog role," Bradley said. "I like knowing that Ive got to go out there and play well. It really gets me excited. And playing in the final group with one of the best players in the world at Arnold Palmers tournament is what we all dream to do. Tomorrow is going to be a really fun day." Any other year at Bay Hill, he might have been referring to Tiger Woods. Woods, the two-time defending champion at Bay Hill and No. 1 in the world, withdrew before the tournament because of recurring back pain. Scott has a chance to replace him at No. 1 in the world with a victory, though he wouldnt take over at the top until the week before the Masters. But theres too much golf, and now too many players, for Scott to think that far ahead. Matt Every (66) and Jason Kokrak (67) were four shots behind, both with a chance to win on the PGA Tour for the first time. Chesson Hadley and Francesco Molinari of Italy each had a 69 and were another shot behind. Hadley, who won the Puerto Rico Open two weeks ago, caan qualify for the Masters with a high finish. Malik Hooker Jersey. He likely would need to be in sixth place or better to be solidly inside the top 50 in the world. Scott was never satisfied with the seven-shot lead, and he still felt comfortable with a three-shot advantage going to Sunday. "When youve got the lead, you have to work for it," he said. "Im still in good shape." Five holes into the third round, his seven-shot lead already had been trimmed to one. Scott three-putted from 60 feet on the opening hole, an indication of how fast the greens have become at Bay Hill, and he hit a poor chip to 12 feet on the fifth hole to drop another shot. Hadley applied the early pressure with four birdies through the sixth hole to get within one shot. Scott wasnt aware of this. He doesnt sound as though he would have been surprised, anyway. "When you dont start birdie-birdie today, then you know the other guys have got nothing to lose and theyre going for it," he said. "Theyve got to close the gap. It doesnt surprise me at all. You think seven is a lot, but its not really, especially over 36 holes. If I was seven back at any other tournament, I would think I could still win." Scott laid up on the par-5 sixth and hit wedge to 2 feet. And after a few long birdie putts on the 10th and 15th holes restored the cushion, he two-putted from 60 feet for birdie on the par-5 16th to bring his lead back to five shots. Bradley birdied the 18th. Scott missed a 5-foot par putt on the 17th, and then the 33-year-old Australian nearly had one more wobble. His birdie putt on the 18th slid about 7 feet by the hole. Scott made that coming back for par, which he hopes will be a small measure of momentum he can carry into the final round. "I missed two par putts shorter than that," he said. "To miss another would have opened the door a little bit too much for my liking." Bradley made six birdies on the back nine, including the last three holes. He had a good look at eagle on the 16th and missed the 15-foot putt, made a putt just inside 25 feet for birdie on the 17th and then took on the flag on the 18th, even though caddie Steve "Pepsi" Hale was wanting him to play slightly more conservatively. "I was going right at it," Bradley said of his 9-iron. "He was nervous. I knew the whole way it was going to cover and be perfect. But it worked out." Cheap Hockey Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Hockey Stars Jerseys Cheap Hockey Wild Jerseys Cheap Hockey Predators Jerseys Cheap Hockey Blues Jerseys Cheap Hockey Jets Jerseys Cheap Hockey Ducks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Hockey Flames Jerseys Cheap Hockey Oilers Jerseys Cheap Hockey Kings Jerseys Cheap Hockey Sharks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Canucks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Golden Knights Jerseys Hockey Team Canada Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz