Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

11.06.2018 10:02
ss in six games. Pay Antworten

VANCOUVER -- The biggest knock against Gershon Koffie with the Vancouver Whitecaps has been his consistency. Custom Montreal Canadiens Jerseys . An imposing presence in midfield, the Ghanaian would be the best player on the pitch one game and virtually invisible the next. After starting the 2014 campaign on the bench, Koffie has finally begun to live up to expectations on a daily basis, and both he and the Whitecaps have one of the teams new acquisitions at least partly to thank. Toronto FC dealt Matias Laba to Vancouver right before the start of the season and the Argentine midfielder has slotted seamlessly into the centre of rookie head coach Carl Robinsons formation. The workhorse not only cleans up danger in front of the Whitecaps defence, he also allows Vancouvers attacking players to push forward -- with Koffie being one of the main beneficiaries thus far. The 22-year-old scored from 40 yards out after pouncing on a goalkeeping error in last weekends 2-2 draw with the Seattle Sounders, and had three other clear-cut chances, including a shot that rattled the crossbar in the games opening minutes. "Gersh has got incredible attributes. Hes got the physical strength. When he makes a tackle and he means it, no ones going to beat him. Hes really that powerful," Whitecaps assistant coach Martyn Pert said Thursday. "The consistency part of the game is still something that hes got to really work hard at, and hes getting there, thats four or five games on the spin now hes been very good. "Hes got to keep it going, keep the foot on the pedal and keep driving." Robinson favoured Nigel Reo-Coker in the centre of midfield at the start of the season, but after the Englishman was injured in an off-field incident the Whitecaps turned to Koffie. "I dont think I was disappointed to be on the bench, but that motivated me," said Koffie, whose goal against Seattle was his first of the season. "I have to embrace it because my fellow mates were doing well and it was a coachs decision." Koffie -- who has already played 93 games in his Major League Soccer career -- said Robinson has asked him to go forward more in his attack-minded system, and credits Laba with allowing him that freedom to roam. "Playing with Matias Laba gives me the license to go forward and get some chances," said Koffie. "I know hes there to work the defensive part and delay (opponents) before we can get back in (formation)." Labas tenacity has also rubbed off on his midfield counterpart, who tracked back on more than one occasion against Seattle to help out Vancouvers back line. "(Labas) a guy who sets the tone," said Koffie. "If you play next to him, he goes in for tackles (and) you have to do the same. If he goes in chasing the ball, you have to do the same, because you cant let him do the job (alone)." Also just 22, Laba was a casualty of Toronto FCs winter spending spree, with the club unable to retain the designated player it acquired last season. "I didnt expect it, but I think its for the best," Laba said through an interpreter. "Im very happy in Vancouver with a great coach and teammates." Although he often takes care of the less-glamorous tasks on the field, the Whitecaps have come to appreciate his tireless work. "Mati gives us a great dimension to build off of at the back," said Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit. "He lets the guys that are creative express themselves a little bit more, just by giving you a little bit more of a lockdown defensively." Added the selfless Laba: "Ive always played that way -- win balls, win tackles -- and quickly disperse (passes) so my teammates have more time on the ball." Pert has been in awe at how quickly Laba has adapted to his new surroundings. "Matis been incredible since hes come in and the fact he came in two weeks before the start of the season and every game he just never lets you down," said Pert. "Hes absolutely a top, top player. I couldnt speak highly enough of Mati. "He makes incredible tackles, he gets his foot on the ball, he plays it simple." Because of their youth, Laba and Koffie could be patrolling Vancouvers midfield for some time, and the pair are expected to start alongside each other once again when the Whitecaps (4-2-5) visit the Portland Timbers (3-3-7) on Sunday. "(Koffies) a great player and I think we work really well together," said Laba. "I can win balls and that opens space up for him to go forward and attack more. We compliment each other quite well." Brandon Davidson Jersey . has left the San Jose Sharks to become the Boston Bruins director of player personnel. Jordie Benn Jersey . For the Blue Jays the time was Wednesday and the ace was R.A. Dickey. He stepped up. "I feel some responsibility as a stopper from time to time," said Dickey. http://www.hockeycanadiensauthority.com/andrew-shaw-canadiens-jersey-c-33/ .The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit .KENNEWICK, Wash. - Brian Williams scored two goals, including the winner 18 seconds into overtime, as Tri-City toppled the Everett Silvertips 4-3 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Beau McCue and Connor Rankin also scored for the Americans (12-9-2) while Parker Bowles chipped in with three assists. Tyler Sandhu, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist supplied the offence for the Silvertips (13-3-4), who earned at least one point in their fourth straight game. Tri-Citys Eric Comrie made 29 saves for the win. Everetts Daniel Cotton stopped 20 shots in defeat. The Americans went 2 for 3 on the power play while the Silvertips scored twice on seven chances with the man advantage. --- BRONCOS 6 RAIDERS 2 SWIFT CURRENT, Sask. -- Colby Cave and Graham Black each scored twice as the Broncos extended their win streak to seven games by defeating Prince Albert. Connor Sanvido and Cavin Leth also scored for Swift Current (13-8-1) and Julian Honka tacked on three assists. Matteo Gennaro scored both goals for the Raiders (11-8-2). Eetu Laurikainen was impressive for the Broncos as he turned away 40 shots for the win. Cole Cheveldave allowed four goals on 11 shots and was pulled from Prince Alberts net after 14 minutes of action. Nick McBridge stopped 18-of-20 shots in relief. --- WARRIORS 4 BLADES 3 (OT) SASKATOON -- Torrin White scored twice, including 3:59 into overtime, as Moose Jaw edged the Blades. Josh Uhrich and Sam Fioretti also scored for the Warriors (7-11-4) as White added an assist for a three-point outing. Saskatoon (9-10-3) got goals form Brett Stovin, Graham Millar and Ryan Coghlan. Moose Jaws Zachary Sawchenko made 23 saves for the win. Alex Moodie stopped 22 shots for the Blades. --- TIGERS 3 HITMEN 2 (SO) CALGARY -- Daniel Wapple made 36 saves as Medicine Hat slipped past the Hitmen in a shootout. Curtis Valk scored the shootout winner for the Tigers (13-3-3) while Hunter Shinkaruk and Trevor Cox scored in regulation. Calder Brooks and Kenton Helgesen supplied the offence for Calgary (10-5-4), which has dropped three games in a row. Chris Driedger stopped 29 shots for the Hitmen. --- ICE 3 CHIEFS 2 CRANBROOK, B.C. -- Austin Vettrls goal late in the second period stood up as the winner as Kootenay beat Spokane. Luke Philp and Levi Cable also scored for the Ice (10-8-2), who scored twice while on the man advvantage. David Schlemko Jersey. Mike Aviani and Mitch Holmberg each had a goal and an assist for the Chiefs (14-7-0). Kootenays Wyatt Hofflin stopped 23 shots for the victory. Eric Williams made 27 saves in net for Spokane. --- REBELS 4 HURRICANES 3 LETHBRIDGE, Alta. -- Red Deer scored three power-play goals to hand the Hurricanes their ninth loss in a row. Conner Bleackley, Rhyse Dieno and Nick Charif each scored with the man advantage for the Rebels (9-11-1) and Brooks Maxwell scored even strength. Brady Ramsay, Jamal Watson and Josh Derko scored for Lethbridge (2-16-3), which sits dead last in the WHL standings. Red Deers Patrik Bartosak made 21 saves for the win as Hurricanes netminder Corbin Boes turned away 26 shots in defeat. --- ROYALS 3 WINTERHAWKS 2 (OT) PORTLAND, Ore. -- Coleman Vollrath turned back 41 shots as Victoria defeated the Winterhawks. Brandon Magee scored twice, including the winner, for the Royals (12-9-1) and Austin Carroll had the other. Oliver Bjorkstrand and Taylor Leier scored for Portland (14-4-2) and Derrick Pouliot assisted on both. Brendan Burke made 33 saves for the Winterhawks. --- GIANTS 5 COUGARS 1 VANCOUVER -- Brett Kulak scored twice as the Giants crushed Prince George. Tim Traber, Dmitry Osipov and Jackson Houck also scored for Vancouver (8-11-2). Troy Bourke registered the lone goal for the Cougars (7-11-4), who are winless in six games. Payton Lee made 21 saves for the Giants. Brett Zarowny and Ty Edmonds combined to stop 35-of-40 shots for Prince George. --- ROCKETS 2 OIL KINGS 0 KELOWNA, B.C. -- Jordan Cooke stopped 25 shots as the Rockets blanked Edmonton for their seventh straight victory. Kris Schmidli and Justin Kirkland scored for Kelowna (14-2-0). Tristan Jarry turned away 28-of-30 shots for the Oil Kings (12-8-1). The loss snapped Edmontons four-game win streak. --- PATS 5 THUNDERBIRDS 3 KENT, Wash. -- Morgan Klimchuk scored twice as Regina came from behind to defeat Seattle. Boston Leier, Kyle Burroughs and Braden Christoffer also scored for the Pats (11-9-0), who trailed 3-2 after 40 minutes of play. Brandon Troock, Alexander Delnov and Adam Henry recorded goals for the Thunderbirds (11-7-2), who dropped their fourth contest in a row. Reginas Dawson MacAuley made 28 saves for the win as Danny Mumaugh gave Seattle a chance by stopping 49-of-53 shots. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz