Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Java Scripts
zhanjiao1212 Offline

24.10.2018 04:02
by Jose Tabata before Walker hit a driv Antworten

DETROIT -- Chris Archer is making a concerted effort to become a better fielder on the mound, working with strength coach Kevin Barr on drills that can help him improve. Aaron Hicks Jersey . "Moving my feet and fielding groundballs, and he stands like 10 feet away," Archer said. "Hes throwing them pretty hard, so Im prepared for it." Archers efforts paid off Saturday, when he made two terrific defensive plays as part of the Tampa Bay Rays 7-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers. In the sixth inning, he snagged a comebacker by J.D. Martinez and threw to first for the out, and in the eighth, Archer fell to the ground while backhanding Austin Jacksons line drive up the middle. "That ball hit him right in the glove. That was Jackson, I believe," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "He has no idea how he caught that. Thats a play when the ball catches you." The Rays broke the game open with three runs in the fifth inning and four in the sixth, and the Tigers never mounted much of a rally against Archer (5-5). The 25-year-old right-hander allowed solo homers to Alex Avila in the seventh and Martinez in the ninth. Archer called it his best performance of the season. Maddon finally pulled him with two on and one out in the ninth after 106 pitches. He allowed six hits, walked four and struck out four, falling just short of his third career complete game. "There was 25 outs that I did get, and those are the ones that Im going to focus on," Archer said. Anibal Sanchez (5-3) took a no-hitter into the fifth, but things unraveled quickly for the Detroit right-hander. He allowed seven runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings, with four walks and a strikeout. "I dont know when everything changed," Sanchez said. "I know we had a pretty good game plan going for four innings." Logan Forsythe homered for Tampa Bay. Kevin Kiermaier had three hits for Tampa Bay, including triples in the fifth and sixth. The Rays have won seven of eight. The Tigers were without designated hitter Victor Martinez, who left Friday nights game because of back irritation. Sanchez didnt allow a hit until Forsythes drive carried over the fence in left-centre field with one out in the fifth. The Rays poured it on after that. After a walk to Ryan Hanigan, Kiermaiers drive bounced off the wall and past J.D. Martinez in right, enabling Hanigan to score. With the infield in, Desmond Jennings lined a single to make it 3-0. "I really like the way were swinging the bats right now," Kiermaier said. "Everyones doing their part, and were all staying positive and were having so much fun out there on the field." Matt Joyce and Evan Longoria singled to start the sixth, and after a walk to James Loney loaded the bases, Brandon Guyer brought another run home with a sacrifice fly. Forsythes RBI single made it 5-0, and Kiermaiers two-out, two-run triple off reliever Phil Coke capped the rally. Kiermaier came into the game in an 0-for-15 slump. "The thing I love about him is if he has a somewhat bad day at the plate, it never carries to the next day," Maddon said. "He doesnt carry an at-bat to the other at-bat. Its all a new experience. Every time he goes up there, its a new experience for him." Sanchez, the American League ERA champion last season, had gone 32 starts without allowing more than four earned runs. Archer allowed a homer, a single and a walk in the ninth, so Maddon brought in Grant Balfour, who struck out the final two batters in a non-save situation. NOTES: Detroit reliever Patrick McCoy left the game in the ninth with a right hamstring strain. ... Detroit RHP Rick Porcello (11-4) faces Tampa Bay ace David Price (7-7) on Sunday night. Alex Rodriguez Jersey . - The Toronto Blue Jays have optioned pitchers Kyle Drabek, Chad Jenkins and Sean Nolin to triple-A Buffalo. Masahiro Tanaka Jersey . -- Arizona coach Sean Miller rose from his seat every time Roberto Nelson touched the ball and yelled "Shooter!" He could have been talking about his own team, too. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Clint-Frazier-Kids-Jersey/ . - UFC 178, previously announced for Sept.PITTSBURGH -- Neil Walker wasnt expecting to have a big offensive game Friday night, especially with Michael Wacha pitching for the St. Louis Cardinals. The last time Wacha started at PNC Park was in the Game 4 of last years National League Division Series and he took a no-hitter into the eighth inning in beating the Pittsburgh Pirates. Yet the hot-hitting Walker had three hits, including a go-ahead three-run home run in the seventh inning, and drove in four runs to help the Pirates beat the Cardinals 6-4. "Wacha is so good, as we found out last year," said Walker, who has reached base in 22 of his last 40 plate appearances. "He throws hard and youve got to shorten up your swing and put the ball in play. Thats the best way to approach him because youre usually not going to do too much against him." While Walkers first two hits were against Wacha, his seventh homer came off Carlos Martinez (0-2) and rallied the Pirates from a 4-3 deficit for their third straight victory. Jordy Mercer and pinch-hitter Gaby Sanchez led off the inning with singles and were bunted up a base by Jose Tabata before Walker hit a drive into the right-field stands. "Martinez is as tough as Wacha, but he hung a slider and I was able to put a good swing on it," Walker said. "I was surprised. The guy has such great stuff that youre not thinking that youre going to hit a home run in that situation. It was huge." Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said it didnt appear that Martinez got the home run pitch "where he wanted it." Mercer had three of the Pirates 12 hits, while Ike Davis, who hit a two-run double in the first inning to open the scoring, and Tabata had two hits apiece. Pittsburgh beat St. Louis for the 10th time in 13 games at home. Mercers performance was a welcome development for the Pirates and their shortstop, who is hitting just .187. "Ive been putting inn a lot of time in the batting cage, trying to figure things out and its nice to have some results because I feel confident now when I step in the batters box," Mercer said. Sonny Gray Jersey. "Confidence is such a big part of hitting." St. Louis had gone ahead earlier in the seventh on Jhonny Peraltas solo home run, his eighth. Allen Craigs three-run home run, his fourth, accounted for the Cardinals other runs. Peralta and Craig had two hits apiece in the Cardinals second loss in five games. Justin Wilson (1-0) struck out the only batter he faced, Matt Adams, to end the top of the seventh. Mark Melancon, filling as the closer for injured Jason Grilli, pitched a scoreless ninth for his third save. Both starting pitchers worked five innings and had uneven performances. Pittsburghs Francisco Liriano allowed three runs, five hits and four walks while striking out five, while Wacha gave up three runs on seven hits with seven strikeouts and one walk. Liriano has gone a career-long 11 regular-season starts without a win since beating the Texas Rangers last Sept. 10. Wacha is winless in his last five starts. NOTES: The game was delayed 25 minutes in the top of the fourth inning because of rain. . Pirates OF Travis Sniders appeal of his two-game suspension for his actions in an April 20 brawl were upheld and he began serving his penalty Friday night. . The Cardinals recalled OF Joey Butler from Triple-A Memphis and optioned OF Randal Grichuk to the same club. . Pittsburgh recalled INF Brent Morel from Triple-A Indianapolis. They had optioned RHP Phil Irwin to Indianapolis on Thursday. . Grilli threw from the top of the mound Friday for the first time since April 21 when the closer went on the disabled list with a strained left oblique. . Cardinals RHP Lance Lynn (4-1, 3.51) will start Saturday night against RHP Edinson Volquez (1-3, 4.19). Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz