Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

27.06.2018 07:57
Burnett helped himself Antworten

HOUSTON -- Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of his big game on Sunday that led the Baltimore Orioles over Houston. Kerry Wood Jersey . Still, the slumping All-Star cant help but think it could be a turning point in a season thats off to a tough start. "I hope so. I really hope so," he said. "(Sunday) was a good day at the plate. Felt good, and my legs are finally getting under me. Feel like I can continue that." Machado hit his first career grand slam, David Lough homered and drove in three runs, and the Orioles beat the Astros 9-4. Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz, leading the majors with 20 home runs and 52 RBIs, left in the third inning with a bruised left hand after being hit by a pitch from Scott Feldman. X-rays were negative and Cruz was listed as day to day. "Anytime you get hit in the hand you get concerned," Cruz said. "I tried to stay but I wasnt able to grab the bat. So hopefully (Monday) Ill be good." Machados towering shot capped a six-run sixth inning. The 21-year-old Machado missed the first month after off-season knee surgery and has struggled since his return, prompting manager Buck Showalter to move him from the second spot to seventh in the batting order. He was back to batting second on Sunday and also doubled, giving him two hits for the second straight game and raising his average to .230. Machado doesnt feel like hes back to last years form, but hes making progress. "I feel much (more) comfortable in there," he said. "It was overall a good day. The pitching staff threw well. Were finally getting some hits when we need to. Things are coming into place." Wei-Yin Chen (6-2) scattered four hits with one run over 5 1-3 innings. Feldman (3-3) allowed nine runs and 11 hits in 5 1-3 innings. Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer in the eighth for the Astros, who have lost two straight after winning a season-high seven in a row. Machado doubled before Feldman plunked Cruz. Machado and Cruz pulled off a double steal before a sacrifice fly by Adam Jones made it 3-0. Cruz was replaced in right field for the bottom of the third inning. He didnt think that Feldman, who was a teammate of his in Texas, tried to hit him and Feldman said it was in no way in intentional. "I didnt want to hit him," Feldman said. "I checked after the game to make sure he was all right and they said it was just a bruise so that was a little relieving. It happens, its part of the game trying to pitch inside." The Orioles open a series at Texas, where Cruz spent the last eight seasons, on Tuesday. Showalter expects Cruz to try to play when the series begins. "Hes going to be sore," Showalter said. "If I know Nelson, hes going to want to play on Tuesday. Its got nothing to do with who were playing. He just likes to be there." Astros rookie George Springer snapped an 0-for-9 slump with a double that sailed over the head of Lough in right field to start the fourth inning. Chris Carters two-out single cut Baltimores lead to 3-1. Chris Davis, J.J. Hardy and Jonathan Schoop hit consecutive singles to load the bases with no outs in the sixth. Lough hit an RBI single, and an intentional walk to Nick Markakis set up Machados third homer. "I got into a situation there in the sixth that really just got out of hand," Feldman said. "Bases loaded and I just couldnt make a good pitch to Machado and left one right over the middle." Both teams had nifty plays by an outfielder. Left fielder Delmon Young robbed Jonathan Villar of a hit when he made a sliding catch shortly after entering the game in the third. Houstons defensive highlight came when right fielder Springer sprinted to make the catch on a sacrifice fly by Nick Hundley in the sixth. Springer slipped and fell on his backside after making the catch and made the throw in while still on the ground. NOTES: Showalter said Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, felt good after throwing a bullpen session. He will travel to meet the team during its series at Texas and throw another bullpen session there on Tuesday before a decision is made on when hell begin a rehabilitation assignment. ... Houston recalled RHP Paul Clemens from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned LHP Brett Oberholtzer to the minor league team. John Lackey Jersey . The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. Justin Grimm Jersey .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. http://www.cubsteamproshop.com/cubs-kosuke-fukudome-jersey/ . The Canadian Luge Association officially named seven athletes to the 2014 Olympic team Tuesday. Edney, will lead teenagers John Fennell and Mitchel Malyk into their first Games in mens singles. Tristan Walker and Justin Snith will represent Canada in doubles, while Gough, will be joined by Kimberley McRae in womens singles.PHILADELPHIA -- Reid Brignacs first start for the Philadelphia Phillies ended with him being mobbed by his teammates. Brignacs RBI single in the bottom of the 14th inning gave the Phillies a 6-5 win over the New York Mets on Friday night. Domonic Brown hit a three-run homer and drove in four runs for the Phillies, who snapped the Mets six-game winning streak at Citizens Bank Park, dating to last season. Marlon Byrd reached second when right fielder Chris Young dropped his fly ball for an error leading off the 14th. Carlos Ruiz followed with a single to centre off Jenrry Mejia (4-2) that sent Byrd to third. After pinch-hitter Cesar Hernandez was intentionally walked, Brignac drove an opposite-field shot that one-hopped the wall in left. Brignac rounded first base and kept running into shallow right field before he was swarmed by teammates. "I was just messing around, trying to make them catch me," Brignac said. "It felt great coming through." Brignac started at third base for Cody Asche, who is on the disabled list. Hernandez had played third since Asche got hurt. "That was a big swing," manager Ryne Sandberg said. Young refused to blame the wind for his error, even though it was blowing in hard by the end of the game. "I was looking dead at it when it was coming down," Young said. "I cant explain it. I have no idea how I dropped a routine fly ball, but it happened." Justin De Fratus (1-0) pitched two scoreless innings to earn the win. Phillies starter A.J. Burnett had a season-high 11 strikeouts, but allowed five runs and five hits in seven innings. He had to pitch out of trouble often because of six walks. "Im missing here and there, but six is a lot," Burnett said. "I have some work to do." Mets rookie Rafael Montero lasted just 3 2-3 innings, allowing four runs -- three earned --- and seven hits in the shortest of his four career starts. Fergie Jenkins Jersey. Coming off a 10-strikeout performance last Sunday against Arizona, Montero didnt fan any of Philadelphias strikeout-prone batters. The Phillies struck out 15 times in a 4-1 loss to the Mets on Thursday night. Bobby Abreu hit a two-run double to give the Mets a 5-4 lead in the fifth after David Wright and Curtis Granderson struck out with two runners on. But the Phillies answered in the bottom half against Daisuke Matsuzaka. Byrd walked, went to third on Ruizs double and scored on Browns groundout to tie it at 5. Byrd walked to start Philadelphias fourth and Ruiz singled. Brown then hit a high drive out to right to give the Phillies a 4-3 lead. Brown, an NL All-Star last year, was hitting .199 before connecting for his fourth homer this season. Brown hit 12 of his team-high 27 homers last May. Burnett helped himself with a leadoff single in the third. He went to third base when Abreu booted Jimmy Rollins single to right for an error. Chase Utley followed with an RBI groundout to cut it to 3-1. The Mets took a 3-0 lead in the second on Lucas Dudas RBI double, Travis dArnauds RBI groundout and Ruben Tejadas RBI single. NOTES: Abreu stole second base in the eighth for his 400th career steal. The call was upheld after a video review. ... Rollins had two hits, moving within 12 of passing Mike Schmidt for first on the Phillies career list. ... The Mets are playing five consecutive days in the same city on the road for the first time. ... Granderson was 0 for 3 with a walk. He is in an 0-for-19 slump. ... Burnett has walked five or more batters in four of his 12 starts. He had double-digit strikeouts for the 33rd time in his career. ... RHP Jacob deGrom (0-2, 1.83 ERA) pitches for the Mets on Saturday against Kyle Kendrick (1-5, 4.04). deGrom struck out as a pinch-hitter in the 14th. Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz