Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zxlbxj1 Offline

02.07.2018 11:46
"Sometimes the best defence Antworten

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Brad Keselowski has always had a fondness for Watkins Glen International, and that fondness just grew a bit more. The reigning Sprint Cup champion, who had finished second three times in the past two years at The Glen, led 49 laps in the Nationwide Zippo 200 and finally notched that elusive first career road course victory Saturday. "I dont know, its hard to explain. I can remember coming here with my dad (in the 1990s), just always having a love affair with this track," said Keselowski, runner-up to Marcos Ambrose in the past two Cup races at the track. "Theres something about this track. I have a very deep appreciation for it. Its been a great race track for me." Keselowski passed Joey Logano for the lead with 16 laps to go, then held off Sam Hornish Jr. in a dominant performance for Penske Racing. Keselowski, who finished second to Carl Edwards despite leading more than half of this race a year ago, won for the fourth straight time over five months in NASCARs second-tier series. It was his 24th career Nationwide win, tying him with Tommy Houston for eighth place on the career list. Brian Vickers was third, followed by Regan Smith and Elliott Sadler. Logano finished 21st after running out of gas on the final lap, his teams fuel strategy backfiring. Hornish won the pole and set sail with Keselowski at the outset after Kyle Busch crashed on the first turn of the 82-lap race. "Kyle getting torn up, it was pretty apparent that all three of our cars had a shot to win the race if we just didnt do something dumb," Keselowski said. "So I tried to not do something dumb the whole race." Busch wasnt so fortunate. He started second but lost control of his No. 54 Toyota, sliding sideways after apparently tapping the rear bumper of Hornish as they drove through the first turn, a downhill 90-degree right-hander. Buschs spotter had just cleared him to make a move under Hornish. Busch briefly touched the Armco barrier that lines the track and was OK, but Mike Wallace, in midpack and unaware Busch was there, pulled right to make a pass and slammed the left front of Buschs car. "Im sorry guys," Busch said over his radio as he drove to the garage for repairs. Busch, who was seeking his ninth victory of the season and 60th in the series, finished five laps down in 24th. Wallaces No. 01 Chevrolet was crushed, too, as was his psyche. "I went to the right, Wallace said. "You wouldnt expect him to be spun out that early in the race. We were just trying to get through the first lap. Its disappointing." After that, it was a show between Hornish and Keselowski as the three Penske Fords combined to lead all but nine laps. Hornish managed to close on Keselowskis back bumper with six laps remaining, but that was as close as he got. Keselowski pulled away over the final two laps and won by 1.4 seconds. "I was focused on trying to pass the 22 (Keselowski)," Hornish said. "I had driven for over 100 per cent and I couldnt even get beside him. I could get up to his bumper. I just had to settle down a bit. I needed to sit there and ride." Smart move. Hornish closed to within three points of the series lead behind Austin Dillon, who struggled with a sputtering car and finished 11th. The solid day moved Penske within five points of Joe Gibbs Racing for the owners points lead. Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. http://www.billsnflgears.com/Black-Harri...tml?cat=988.com) - Wayne Simmonds, Scott Laughton and Jakub Voracek each posted a goal and an assist as the Philadelphia Flyers thumped the Carolina Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday. Taron Johnson Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Josh Allen Jersey . CBS Sports Jon Heyman is reporting that Santana will sign a one-year deal, likely in the next two days with one of a trio of suitors, with the Toronto Blue Jays believed to be heavily involved. TORONTO -- A day after being demoted to the American Hockey League, T.J. Brennan gave the Toronto Maple Leafs another reason to call him back up. The 24-year-old scored three goals and added an assist to lead the Toronto Marlies to a 6-3 win over the St. Johns IceCaps in AHL action Saturday afternoon. Brennan opened the season by being named AHL player-of-the-week and was summoned by the Maple Leafs Wednesday. While he didnt see any game action in his brief stint, he says he got enough of a taste while practicing with the big club to keep hopeful for another re-call. "You see the level and the pace up there and you try and reflect your game off that speed," said Brennan. "Im just trying to do the things that elevate my game. Thats where I want to be." The hat trick was Brennans second of the season and he now leads the AHL in scoring with seven goals and 10 points in three contests. Wade MacLeod, John-Michael Liles and Stefan Legein had the other goals for Toronto (3-0-0) while Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith chipped in with two assists apiece. Andrew Gordon, Jerome Samson and Will ONeill scored for St. Johns (1-2-1). Drew MacIntyre made 21 saves for the win as Jussi Olkinuora turned aside 27 shots in defeat. MacIntyre, who played with Brennan two seasons ago with the Rochester Americans, is familiarr with how Brennan plays an offensive minded game.dddddddddddd But hes most impressed with the way the 24-year-old has come along protecting his own net. "He could play forward easily, but hes good defensivly too," said MacIntyre. "Hes worked hard at that." Brennan scored two goals in the first 2:43 of the opening period to put the Marlies ahead. However, Toronto picked up three straight penalties, including a double minor to Sam Carrick for roughing, and the IceCaps scored three times to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission. Gordon put St. Johns on the board at 6:11 while ONeill and Samson added power-play goals.WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Brad Keselowski has always had a fondness for Watkins Glen International, and that fondness just grew a bit more. The reigning Sprint Cup champion, who had finished second three times in the past two years at The Glen, led 49 laps in the Nationwide Zippo 200 and finally notched that elusive first career road course victory Saturday. "I dont know, its hard to explain. I can remember coming here with my dad (in the 1990s), just always having a love affair with this track," said Keselowski, runner-up to Marcos Ambrose in the past two Cup races at the track. "Theres something about this track. I have a very deep appreciation for it. Its been a great race track for me." Keselowski passed Joey Logano for the lead with 16 laps to go, then held off Sam Hornish Jr. in a dominant performance for Penske Racing. Keselowski, who finished second to Carl Edwards despite leading more than half of this race a year ago, won for the fourth straight time over five months in NASCARs second-tier series. It was his 24th career Nationwide win, tying him with Tommy Houston for eighth place on the career list. Brian Vickers was third, followed by Regan Smith and Elliott Sadler. Logano finished 21st after running out of gas on the final lap, his teams fuel strategy backfiring. Hornish won the pole and set sail with Keselowski at the outset after Kyle Busch crashed on the first turn of the 82-lap race. "Kyle getting torn up, it was pretty apparent that all three of our cars had a shot to win the race if we just didnt do something dumb," Keselowski said. "So I tried to not do something dumb the whole race." Busch wasnt so fortunate. He started second but lost control of his No. 54 Toyota, sliding sideways after apparently tapping the rear bumper of Hornish as they drove through the first turn, a downhill 90-degree right-hander. Buschs spotter had just cleared him to make a move under Hornish. Busch briefly touched the Armco barrier that lines the track and was OK, but Mike Wallace, in midpack and unaware Busch was there, pulled right to make a pass and slammed the left front of Buschs car. "Im sorry guys," Busch said over his radio as he drove to the garage for repairs. Busch, who was seeking his ninth victory of the season and 60th in the series, finished five laps down in 24th. Wallaces No. 01 Chevrolet was crushed, too, as was his psyche. "I went to the right, Wallace said. "You wouldnt expect him to be spun out that early in the race. We were just trying to get through the first lap. Its disappointing." After that, it was a show between Hornish and Keselowski as the three Penske Fords combined to lead all but nine laps. Hornish managed to close on Keselowskis back bumper with six laps remaining, but that was as close as he got. Keselowski pulled away over the final two laps and won by 1.4 seconds. "I was focused on trying to pass the 22 (Keselowski)," Hornish said. "I had driven for over 100 per cent and I couldnt even get beside him. I could get up to his bumper. I just had to settle down a bit. I needed to sit there and ride." Smart move. Hornish closed to within three points of the series lead behind Austin Dillon, who struggled with a sputtering car and finished 11th. The solid day moved Penske within five points of Joe Gibbs Racing for the owners points lead. Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. http://www.billsnflgears.com/Black-Harri...tml?cat=988.com) - Wayne Simmonds, Scott Laughton and Jakub Voracek each posted a goal and an assist as the Philadelphia Flyers thumped the Carolina Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday. Taron Johnson Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Josh Allen Jersey . CBS Sports Jon Heyman is reporting that Santana will sign a one-year deal, likely in the next two days with one of a trio of suitors, with the Toronto Blue Jays believed to be heavily involved. TORONTO -- A day after being demoted to the American Hockey League, T.J. Brennan gave the Toronto Maple Leafs another reason to call him back up. The 24-year-old scored three goals and added an assist to lead the Toronto Marlies to a 6-3 win over the St. Johns IceCaps in AHL action Saturday afternoon. Brennan opened the season by being named AHL player-of-the-week and was summoned by the Maple Leafs Wednesday. While he didnt see any game action in his brief stint, he says he got enough of a taste while practicing with the big club to keep hopeful for another re-call. "You see the level and the pace up there and you try and reflect your game off that speed," said Brennan. "Im just trying to do the things that elevate my game. Thats where I want to be." The hat trick was Brennans second of the season and he now leads the AHL in scoring with seven goals and 10 points in three contests. Wade MacLeod, John-Michael Liles and Stefan Legein had the other goals for Toronto (3-0-0) while Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith chipped in with two assists apiece. Andrew Gordon, Jerome Samson and Will ONeill scored for St. Johns (1-2-1). Drew MacIntyre made 21 saves for the win as Jussi Olkinuora turned aside 27 shots in defeat. MacIntyre, who played with Brennan two seasons ago with the Rochester Americans, is familiarr with how Brennan plays an offensive minded game.dddddddddddd But hes most impressed with the way the 24-year-old has come along protecting his own net. "He could play forward easily, but hes good defensivly too," said MacIntyre. "Hes worked hard at that." Brennan scored two goals in the first 2:43 of the opening period to put the Marlies ahead. However, Toronto picked up three straight penalties, including a double minor to Sam Carrick for roughing, and the IceCaps scored three times to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission. Gordon put St. Johns on the board at 6:11 while ONeill and Samson added power-play goals. Marlies head coach Steve Spott was not pleased with his clubs lack of discipline in the opening 20 minutes, and questioned the double minor handed to Carrick. "Im really not sure what happened on that play," said Spott. "I didnt get an explanation so Im not sure what he did." Liles tied the game with a power-play goal at 15:28 of the second period and MacLeod put Toronto ahead in the final minute of the period. Legein added to the Marlies lead midway through the third period and Brennan capped the game with a goal into an empty net. "Sometimes the best defence is a good offence," said Brennan. Both clubs went 2 for 7 on the power play. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys ' ' 'WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Brad Keselowski has always had a fondness for Watkins Glen International, and that fondness just grew a bit more. The reigning Sprint Cup champion, who had finished second three times in the past two years at The Glen, led 49 laps in the Nationwide Zippo 200 and finally notched that elusive first career road course victory Saturday. "I dont know, its hard to explain. I can remember coming here with my dad (in the 1990s), just always having a love affair with this track," said Keselowski, runner-up to Marcos Ambrose in the past two Cup races at the track. "Theres something about this track. I have a very deep appreciation for it. Its been a great race track for me." Keselowski passed Joey Logano for the lead with 16 laps to go, then held off Sam Hornish Jr. in a dominant performance for Penske Racing. Keselowski, who finished second to Carl Edwards despite leading more than half of this race a year ago, won for the fourth straight time over five months in NASCARs second-tier series. It was his 24th career Nationwide win, tying him with Tommy Houston for eighth place on the career list. Brian Vickers was third, followed by Regan Smith and Elliott Sadler. Logano finished 21st after running out of gas on the final lap, his teams fuel strategy backfiring. Hornish won the pole and set sail with Keselowski at the outset after Kyle Busch crashed on the first turn of the 82-lap race. "Kyle getting torn up, it was pretty apparent that all three of our cars had a shot to win the race if we just didnt do something dumb," Keselowski said. "So I tried to not do something dumb the whole race." Busch wasnt so fortunate. He started second but lost control of his No. 54 Toyota, sliding sideways after apparently tapping the rear bumper of Hornish as they drove through the first turn, a downhill 90-degree right-hander. Buschs spotter had just cleared him to make a move under Hornish. Busch briefly touched the Armco barrier that lines the track and was OK, but Mike Wallace, in midpack and unaware Busch was there, pulled right to make a pass and slammed the left front of Buschs car. "Im sorry guys," Busch said over his radio as he drove to the garage for repairs. Busch, who was seeking his ninth victory of the season and 60th in the series, finished five laps down in 24th. Wallaces No. 01 Chevrolet was crushed, too, as was his psyche. "I went to the right, Wallace said. "You wouldnt expect him to be spun out that early in the race. We were just trying to get through the first lap. Its disappointing." After that, it was a show between Hornish and Keselowski as the three Penske Fords combined to lead all but nine laps. Hornish managed to close on Keselowskis back bumper with six laps remaining, but that was as close as he got. Keselowski pulled away over the final two laps and won by 1.4 seconds. "I was focused on trying to pass the 22 (Keselowski)," Hornish said. "I had driven for over 100 per cent and I couldnt even get beside him. I could get up to his bumper. I just had to settle down a bit. I needed to sit there and ride." Smart move. Hornish closed to within three points of the series lead behind Austin Dillon, who struggled with a sputtering car and finished 11th. The solid day moved Penske within five points of Joe Gibbs Racing for the owners points lead. Custom Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Tottenham claimed top spot in Group K by winning 2-0 at Tromso after defender Adnan Causevic scored an own goal before Mousa Dembele put the result beyond doubt. Valencia made sure it will finish first in Group A with a 1-0 win at Swansea thanks to an early goal from Dani Parejo. Josh Allen Bills Jersey . As for regular Olympic spectators, theyre being warned that most travel insurance policies wont cover acts of terrorism or war. The Games in southern Russia, which run from Feb. 7-23, are being staged amid unprecedented security and under global warnings of danger. http://www.billsnflgears.com/Black-Harri...tml?cat=988.com) - Wayne Simmonds, Scott Laughton and Jakub Voracek each posted a goal and an assist as the Philadelphia Flyers thumped the Carolina Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday. Taron Johnson Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. Josh Allen Jersey . CBS Sports Jon Heyman is reporting that Santana will sign a one-year deal, likely in the next two days with one of a trio of suitors, with the Toronto Blue Jays believed to be heavily involved. TORONTO -- A day after being demoted to the American Hockey League, T.J. Brennan gave the Toronto Maple Leafs another reason to call him back up. The 24-year-old scored three goals and added an assist to lead the Toronto Marlies to a 6-3 win over the St. Johns IceCaps in AHL action Saturday afternoon. Brennan opened the season by being named AHL player-of-the-week and was summoned by the Maple Leafs Wednesday. While he didnt see any game action in his brief stint, he says he got enough of a taste while practicing with the big club to keep hopeful for another re-call. "You see the level and the pace up there and you try and reflect your game off that speed," said Brennan. "Im just trying to do the things that elevate my game. Thats where I want to be." The hat trick was Brennans second of the season and he now leads the AHL in scoring with seven goals and 10 points in three contests. Wade MacLeod, John-Michael Liles and Stefan Legein had the other goals for Toronto (3-0-0) while Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith chipped in with two assists apiece. Andrew Gordon, Jerome Samson and Will ONeill scored for St. Johns (1-2-1). Drew MacIntyre made 21 saves for the win as Jussi Olkinuora turned aside 27 shots in defeat. MacIntyre, who played with Brennan two seasons ago with the Rochester Americans, is familiarr with how Brennan plays an offensive minded game.dddddddddddd But hes most impressed with the way the 24-year-old has come along protecting his own net. "He could play forward easily, but hes good defensivly too," said MacIntyre. "Hes worked hard at that." Brennan scored two goals in the first 2:43 of the opening period to put the Marlies ahead. However, Toronto picked up three straight penalties, including a double minor to Sam Carrick for roughing, and the IceCaps scored three times to take a 3-2 lead into the first intermission. Gordon put St. Johns on the board at 6:11 while ONeill and Samson added power-play goals. Marlies head coach Steve Spott was not pleased with his clubs lack of discipline in the opening 20 minutes, and questioned the double minor handed to Carrick. "Im really not sure what happened on that play," said Spott. "I didnt get an explanation so Im not sure what he did." Liles tied the game with a power-play goal at 15:28 of the second period and MacLeod put Toronto ahead in the final minute of the period. Legein added to the Marlies lead midway through the third period and Brennan capped the game with a goal into an empty net. "Sometimes the best defence is a good offence," said Brennan. Both clubs went 2 for 7 on the power play. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys ' ' ' lack of discipline in the opening 20 minutes, and questioned the double minor handed to Carrick. "Im really not sure what happened on that play," said Spott. "I didnt get an explanation so Im not sure what he did." Liles tied the game with a power-play goal at 15:28 of the second period and MacLeod put Toronto ahead in the final minute of the period. Legein added to the Marlies lead midway through the third period and Brennan capped the game with a goal into an empty net. "Sometimes the best defence is a good offence," said Brennan. Both clubs went 2 for 7 on the power play. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz