Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

20.11.2018 07:12
three good rounds and one sho Antworten

LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland -- Bode Miller wants to continue racing next season at the age of 37, even if this campaign left him disappointed. Deshazor Everett Jersey . A third-place run in a World Cup super-G on Thursday typified Millers season: Fast and crowd-pleasing, but errors cost him victory. "Im frustrated and worn out right now but I think I have more to do in the sport," Miller said. "I definitely am still competitive. If I can keep my body healthy then I think the plan is to race next year." Millers racing skills were clear when he became the oldest-ever Olympic Alpine medallist last month, taking bronze in super-G at Sochi. On a steep and technically demanding slope Thursday, no one was faster than Millers speed check of 101.9 kph (63.3 mph). Still, he came down 0.57 seconds behind surprise winner Alexis Pinturault, with another Frenchman, Thomas Mermillod Blondin, edging him by one-hundredth. "I had probably two and half seconds, three seconds, worth of mistakes, in that run," Miller insisted. "That is the way my season has been. I have had to deal with that." Miller took full responsibility for his race, and a World Cup season that has brought him four podium finishes but no addition to his 33 career victories. "It has been such a frustrating time of so many near-misses and so many really bad, stupid mistakes that I cant blame anyone but myself for," he said. That list includes his top priority races: The classic World Cup downhill at Kitzbuehel, Austria, in January and the Olympic downhill last month. Miller finished third and eighth, respectively, when the best of his skiing was good enough to win, and his practice runs left some racers awe-struck. Here on Wednesday, Millers final downhill performance this season followed the same pattern. He led at the final time split -- 0.30 faster than eventual winner Matthias Mayer of Austria, the Olympic champion -- yet a mistake near the end took him wide into rough snow which slowed him. "These errors arent little bobbles, they are like borderline catastrophic," Miller explained. "(Wednesday) I just got so broken down about halfway down the course I didnt even care anymore. I wanted to stop. I didnt even really tuck through the finish line." Even standing up straight, he still placed eighth just 0.62 back. "I really wanted to change that today just because I think thats not the way to race," Miller acknowledged. "I just wanted to really stay focused to push every hundredth out of it that I could, even though I knew I was going to be out of the course a few times." "I felt good about battling through it," said the veteran racer, who has started a total of 32 World Cup and Olympics events this season after sitting out a year to recover from knee surgery. One incentive for returning strong next season is to race at the Feb. 2-15 world championships in front of home fans at Vail-Beaver Creek, Colorado. Thats for next season, after the current campaign closes with a giant slalom on Saturday. "Right now," Miller said, "I feel like I dont want to see ski boots for a little while." Jonathan Allen Jersey .com Tours Nova Scotia Open. The 27-year-old Sloan, a former Texas-El Paso player from Calgary matched first-round leader Rodriguez at 10-under 132 on Ashburn Golf Clubs New Course. Jamison Crowder Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseysonline.com/?tag=cam-sims-jersey-online . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario.MELBOURNE, Australia -- Adam Scott emerged victorious from a last-round fight with Matt Kuchar on Sunday to successfully defend his Australian Masters title and make it back-to-back victories on his four-event tour of his homeland. Scott began Sunday with a comfortable lead, lost it on the back nine, then wrestled it back, with his scrambling even-par 71 proving enough for a two-shot victory at a windy Royal Melbourne. It followed his victory in last weeks Australian PGA to make a perfect start to his first visit back home since his U.S. Masters title in April. American Kuchar led by two strokes with three holes to play but double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker and finished second after a 68. Vijay Singh was third after a 71, four behind Scott. The 50-year-old Fijian veteran was attempting to win his first tournament since 2008. Scott, who had a four-round total of 14-under 270, will now try to win the so-called Australian Triple Crown with a victory at the Australian Open at Royal Sydney in two weeks. Before that, he will partner Jason Day for Australia at the World Cup next week, again at Royal Melbourne. Kuchar took the lead when Scott made a double bogey on the 14th as he dealt with a plugged lie in a bunker, while Kuchar in the preceding group made a birdie at the 15th. The situation was reversed a whole later when Scott also birdied the 15th and the American bogeyed the 16th. Scott had led by four strokes at the start of the round and by five shots late on the front nine. His faltering on the back nine revived memories of the 2012 British Open when he bogeyed the final four holes to lose by a shot, but this time he came out on top. "I usually like looking at the leaderboard, but it wasnt eenjoyable today," Scott said of the numerous lead changes. Russ Grimm Jersey. "I made a lot of errors, but I managed to hang on despite being a little shaky out there." His day got off to an ominous start. His birdie putt from three feet lipped out while Singh had a tap-in birdie to reduce the lead to three, but a Singh bogey on the second restored the four-shot gap. While Scott and Singh dueled in the final group, Kuchar, who will team with Kevin Streelman for the United States at the World Cup, moved up the leaderboard. The American bogeyed the first hole, but birdies on five of the next eight holes left him as Scotts closest pursuer. He birdied the 11th and then the 15th to take the lead for the first time in the tournament before his late collapse. "Its never fun, the 72nd hole, but it can happen any time," Kuchar said. "I tried on the last hole to stay aggressive and hit a good quality shot and I thought I had. "The thing about Royal Melbourne is you can really pay the price for just being off if you play aggressively. Its certainly a rough way to end it but thats kind of the nature of the game." Jarrod Lyle, playing in his first tournament in 20 months since his recovery from his second bout of leukemia, finished with an 8-over 79, including bogeys on his final three holes. He didnt expect to make the cut. At the 18th, the large gallery applauded, even playing partner Michael Long, as Lyle walked gingerly around the green. "I played five days in a row, including the pro-am, and the last nine holes I started to feel it," Lyle said. "I got around, and its not the end I wanted. But its better than I thought it would be: three good rounds and one shocker, thats golf." Jerseys NFL China Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Discount Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Cheap Nike Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Nike Patriots Jerseys Cheap Nike Jets Jerseys Cheap Nike Bengals Jerseys Cheap Nike Browns Jerseys Cheap Nike Steelers Jerseys Cheap Nike Texans Jerseys Cheap Nike Colts Jerseys Cheap Nike Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Nike Titans Jerseys Cheap Nike Broncos Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz