Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 33 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

10.12.2018 09:06
t means something to me jus Antworten

TORONTO - As anticipated, Thursday nights NBA Draft turned out to be a historic evening for Canadian basketball, however the Raptors, the countrys lone team, became reluctant spectators despite their best efforts to get in on the festivities. Authentic T. J. Oshie Jersey . In many ways it was a celebration of how far the country has come and how much the sport has grown within it. In total, four Canadian players were selected - setting a league record - including three in the top 18, all from the Greater Toronto Area. For the second consecutive year Canada produced the top pick, 19-year-old phenom and Vaughan-native Andrew Wiggins, who will join last years No. 1 selection Anthony Bennett, Tristan Thompson and Dwight Powell - picked in the second-round of Thursdays draft - in Cleveland. Mississaugas Nik Stauskas followed suit, going to the Sacramento Kings at pick No. 8 before the Phoenix Suns - owners of the 18th pick - nabbed Brampton point guard Tyler Ennis, a player that sat atop the Raptors board when he heard his name called. It was a bittersweet moment for the 19-year-old Ennis, who was finally realizing his lifelong dream, albeit two picks away from beginning his career with his hometown team. The Raptors, drafting 20th, struck out on their top target but it wasnt for a lack of effort or interest. "We tried everything," Dwane Casey admitted shortly after the first-round concluded. "It just didnt work out." Masai Ujiri and his staff tracked Ennis throughout his freshman year at Syracuse and quickly became enamoured with his poise at the point guard position. Until recently they believed there was little chance he would fall to them, or even come close. With his stock fluctuating leading up to the draft, Ujiri hoped Ennis would be available to them, also exploring several scenarios to trade up and even entice the Suns to give him up after the selection had been made. With Ennis off the board, Ujiri opted for the next player on his wish list, Brazilian mystery man Bruno Caboclo "We decided we lost one," said the Raptors general manager, "were not going to lose the other one. So we jumped on it." The Raptors came that close to drafting what would have been the first Canadian selected in their 20-year franchise history, but given the rate in which the country is producing high-level talent its only a matter of time until that vision - which once seemed like a pipe dream - becomes a reality. "Ennis was a target for us but he was picked by another team," Ujiri lamented. "We will have Canadians on our team. Definitely we will have Canadian players on our team. Theyre all over the league now. The last two first picks have been Canadian." "We tried and it didnt work out this time," he continued, "but were glad theres a lot a lot of them in the league and eventually well get a couple of Canadians here, trust me. Itll come, well get them here." Thursday served as a friendly reminder, Canada isnt going anywhere. After hemming and hawing for weeks, the Cavaliers finally decided on Wiggins with their No. 1 overall pick. Decked out in a captivating black suit decorated with white floral print and topped off with a black bow tie, the one and done Kansas star couldnt hide his joy when first-year commissioner Adam Silver called his name. "A thousand thoughts are going through my head right now," Wiggins said minutes later. "Its a dream come true. Ive been dreaming of this moment since I was a little kid. My dream was just to make the NBA and now going to high school and college the opportunity of going number one came into talk and now I accomplished that. So its a crazy feeling right now. I dont even know how I feel. It doesnt feel real right now." "I always believed it," Stauskas added. "I believed in myself and I dont think many other people did but this is something Ive always felt is a possibility for me and I just kept working my hardest to make it happen. Its a cliche but dreams really do come true when you put all your effort into it." What could this night mean for the country? "I just think its huge," Wiggins said. "It opens doors for all the youth and everyone in Canada. It gives them hope. Because coming up when I was Canada, I wasnt ranked or nothing, I wasnt known. I didnt have no offers or anything like that. But I just kept my head straight and kept working on my game and look where I am today. So I just think it gives everyone hope that they can do the same thing and accomplish whatever I do because its possible if they work hard." The Raptors, like most of the 29 other teams, did pass up on four other eligible Canadians that went undrafted Thursday. Montreals Khem Birch, Calgarys Jordan Bachynski, Toronto-native and reigning Big 12 player of the year Melvin Ejim and the 7-foot-5 Sim Bhullar, also from the Toronto area, didnt hear their name called. Instead, Toronto opted for UConn forward DeAndre Daniels with an early second-round pick and traded the 59th overall pick to the Brooklyn Nets. Ujiri has maintained that if and when the Raptors do add a Canadian he wont be employed for his passport and he wont be sitting at the end of the bench. The pressure surrounding that type of player in that situation would be unfair, hes said. All four of the undrafted Canadian players are expected to catch on with Summer League teams, hoping to earn a spot on an NBA roster before weighing their options overseas or in the D-League. Authentic Matt Niskanen Jersey .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses. Authentic Brian Pinho Jersey . Dragic was a game-time decision because of a sore right ankle that had kept him out of Wednesdays loss at Utah, but played all but the last 10 seconds of the second half in the first 40-point game for a Phoenix player since Amare Stoudemires 44 on March 19, 2010. http://www.cheapcapitalsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-brett-connolly-jersey . Obasi chested the ball past one defender, prodded it past another and then rounded the keeper before scoring from a tight angle in the 16th minute. Seconds after the restart, Obasi set up Klaas Jan Huntelaar for the Dutchmans 11th goal from 13 games this season.VANCOUVER - The B.C. Lions and Calgary Stampeders will put on a quarterbacking show Friday in their final game of the 2014 CFL regular season at B.C. Place Stadium. Both clubs plan to use two signal-callers as they get ready for the playoffs. Kevin Glenn will start as usual for the Lions (9-8) as they attempt to lock up third place in the West Division. But rarely used backup John Beck, the leagues oldest rookie quarterback at 33, will also see action. Catch the all the action on TSN Radio 1040 starting at 5:30pm PT. Its one of those situations where Im going to let (Glenn) play as much as he needs to, said Lions coach Mike Benevides. I dont have any thoughts of having a sequence in and out. Backup Drew Tate will start for the Stampeders (14-3), who have secured first place and a bye to the Western Final at home. Starter Bo Levi Mitchell will see limited duty as Calgary attempts to bounce back from an upset loss to Winnipeg during a snowstorm at home last weekend. With a win, the Lions can clinch third and a road game against the Edmonton Eskimos. If B.C. loses, a possible cross-over to the East Division playoffs could result. To be honest with you, as anybody says, nobody really cares (about playing in the West or East), as long as we get an opportunity, said Benevides. But I do think that, in order to have any sort of momentum and feel the way we should feel as a football team, or need to feel, we have to find a way to play well (Friday). While using multiple quarterbacks, both clubs will also make numerous lineup changes as they attempt to make up for embarrassing losses. The Lions are looking to bounce back after an embarrassing 37-3 loss in Edmonton last weekend. Glenn said its important for the Lions to play well even though the Stampeders will not be as strong as usual. The 14-year veteran said he understands his team needs to rest him, but he also has a strong desire to play. He does not need considerable playing time to tune up for the playoffs. Its the time that (coaches are) willing to give, he said. Ive been in this league long enough to know that I dont necessarily have to play the whole game to be ready, if thats the given situatioon and they want to play other guys, to see other guys. Authentic Jaromir Jagr Jersey. Beck, a former NFL journeyman was initially slated to be No. 3 but moved into a backup role after Glenn assumed the No. 1 role in wake of Travis Lulays shoulder troubles. Beck could see his most minutes yet behind centre. Thats exciting for me, said Beck. So whatever happens, happens. Nothings really been set out (in terms of) specifics. B.C.s other most notable change on offence will see running back Stefan Logan assume the starting tailback role after he missed four games — two due to injury and two more after being displaced from the roster. Linebacker Adam Bighills absence (hand) will be the most significant one on defence. Despite the fact that the game is shaping up as a quasi-exhibition contest due to all of the lineup changes, B.C. defensive back Ryan Phillips said the Lions have a renewed sense of urgency in wake of the one-sided loss to Edmonton. Were not looking at this game as a meaningless game or anything like that, said Phillips. Every game counts. Meanwhile, Calgary general manager and coach John Hufnagel plans to play QBs Tate and Mitchell on a 50-50 or 60-40 basis depending on how the game goes. Hufnagel chose to start Tate in order to give him added pressure in case he has to play in the post-season. The Stamps want to play well heading into a bye in order to avoid a repeat home loss in the West Final after they fell to eventual Grey Cup champion Saskatchewan last year. We definitely dont want to have that happen again, and (we want to) just take advantage of the opportunity that we all have (Friday), said Tate. The Stamps will try to regain their offensive momentum without CFL rushing leader Jon Cornish, who had to leave Saturdays game against Winnipeg in the second quarter after bouncing his head off the McMahon Stadium turf. Martell Mallett will see the lions share, so to speak in his place, said Hufnagel. While many teammates are rested, Calgary receiver Marquay McDaniel will return after being out since Sept. 13 with a broken wrist. (The game) might not mean anything, but it means something to me just being out there, said McDaniel. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz