Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zxlbxj1 Offline

04.07.2018 11:14
If he is able to regain his place Antworten

BOSTON -- In just a few minutes, Bostons hitters turned a slow offensive night into an easy victory. Dustin Pedroias two-run double capped a seven-run sixth inning Thursday night that sent the Red Sox to their fourth straight win, 9-4 over the Houston Astros. "We came to life. We were able to combine some base on balls with some base hits," manager John Farrell said. "It seemed like we got a couple of pitches up in the zone from (Scott) Feldman. The first time or two in the order he kept us in check and kept us off balance." Pedroia finished with three hits, Daniel Nava had two doubles and David Ortiz added two singles as the Red Sox improved to 8-0 at Fenway Park against the Astros. Matt Dominguez hit a two-run homer for Houston, which opened a 10-game road trip with its fourth loss in five games. Allen Webster (3-1) gave up four runs -- three earned -- and five hits in six innings for Boston. "I grinded through it and then they took over with the seven runs," the soft-spoken Webster said. "I cant complain at all." Trailing 4-1, the Red Sox chased Feldman (6-9) during their biggest inning of the season. "It just snowballed. He was one pitch away from getting out of it, but they just continued to find holes and continued to keep the line moving," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "Before that he was in complete command of the game and really was commanding both sides of the plate." Pedroias ground-rule double bounced off the chalk on the right-field line and caromed into the stands. Ortiz, Mike Napoli and Will Middlebrooks each had an RBI single before Jackie Bradley Jr. drew a bases-loaded walk from reliever Darin Downs that pushed Boston ahead 5-4. Christian Vazquez had a sacrifice fly before Pedroias double. Brock Holt opened the inning with a hustle double and drew a walk as the Red Sox sent 12 batters to the plate. Feldman was charged with seven runs on nine hits in 5 1-3 innings. And he felt he was in trouble before the big inning. "I think it actually started probably before that," he said. "It felt like I had turned into a one-pitch guy. I really had command of only one pitch, from like the fourth, fifth, sixth, something like that." The Astros scored single runs in the second and third before Dominguezs homer made it 4-0 in the fourth. Dominguez homered into the Green Monster seats after Jon Singletons leadoff walk. Boston sliced it to 4-1 when Pedroia scored on Yoenis Cespedes double-play grounder. TRAINERS ROOM Astros: OF Alex Presley (strained right oblique) wont play in games and will only get treatment for a couple of days because he had some discomfort during his minor league rehabilitation assignment at Class A Tri-City. Red Sox: Cespedes was back in the lineup after coming out of Wednesdays game with a bruised right hand, but fouled a ball off his shin and left in the ninth. ... Farrell said outfielder Allen Craig, on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left foot, will take batting practice the next few days before being sent on a rehab assignment. UP NEXT LHP Dallas Keuchel (10-8, 3.07 ERA) pitches Friday for the Astros after losing his last start, giving up five runs in six innings at home against Texas. It was his worst start in more than a month. Red Sox RHP Clay Buchholz (5-7, 5.98) looks for his second strong start against Houston this season. He struck out 12 in a complete-game victory at Minute Maid Park on July 13. WHAT A THROW Nava nailed Jake Marisnick at the plate with a throw on the fly from medium-deep right field when he was trying to score on Jose Altuves fly ball to end the seventh. NO UPDATE Porter joked that hell be shutting down injury updates on rookie outfielder George Springer (right quadriceps), who had a setback in his rehab and was shut down for two weeks. Springer has been out since July 19. "In 13 days we can talk about him again," Porter said, smiling. NO NEED TO PACK FOR A WHILE The Red Sox opened an 11-game homestand, their longest in more than three years. After four games against Houston, they have four with the Los Angeles Angels and three with Seattle. P.J. Hall Raiders Jersey . “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. Johnny Townsend Jersey . With a victory seemingly slipping away late in the third quarter, his quick scoring flurry helped Golden State regain control early in the fourth. http://www.authenticraidersfansclub.com/...son-Jersey/.com) - The Winnipeg Jets got over one hurdle by snapping their longest losing streak of the season. P.J. Hall Jersey . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Arden Key Raiders Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Colts by 5RECORD VS. SPREAD — Cincinnati 8-8, Indianapolis 11-5SERIES RECORD — Colts lead 18-10LAST MEETING — Colts beat Bengals 27-0, Oct.TAMPA, Fla. -- Derek Jeter pulled into the parking lot of the New York Yankees minor league complex on Thursday, walked out of his grey Mercedes-Benz and waved a hand holding a bottle of mineral water as about 50 fans applauded his mere arrival. After taking batting practice in an indoor cage and throwing on a field, he drove out of the parking lot about 90 minutes later -- the car cleaned and polished, its silver hub caps shining. He stopped and rolled down the drivers side window to sign photographs, baseballs and other memorabilia for the first dozen people or so who had waited in line. Already the most adored player on the baseball team with the highest profile, the New York Yankees captain figures to be the recipient of an ever-heightened level of adulation during the next 7 1/2 months as he circumnavigates the major leagues in a farewell tour that could be called Pinstriped Parting 2 following Mariano Riveras emotional exit last year. Asked whether he felt good about the decision he announced Wednesday, Jeter responded: "I do." But he didnt want to get into an extended discussion. Jeter will hold a news conference at Steinbrenner Field next Wednesday, the reporting day for the teams position players. "Ill address it when we get over there the first day of spring. Its easier that way," he said. Jeter took the Yankees by surprise with his Wednesday morning telephone call to owner Hal Steinbrenner, and his Facebook announcement later in the day jolted fans accustomed for nearly two decades to the constants of his hot hitting and cool demeanour. Speculation began about a suitable replacement: Hanley Ramirez, Asdrubal Cabrera and J.J. Hardy are among the players eligible for free agency after the season. "I wish hed have quit in 05," Cleveland manager Terry Francona said, laughing, remembering Jeters many performances against his Boston Red Sox. "If youre a baseball fan, he is the walking example of whats good in baseball. You respect him so much, and yet you want him to have as little to do with the outcome of the game if youre his opponent -- and thats probably the biggest compliment you can give him. Hes going to find a way to beat you whether its on the bases, on defence or at the plate. "And again, because I was in that division, I saw it too much," Francona went on. "He ranks right up there with the most respected players. Im glad hes walking away on his own terms. Well probably get to see him seven, eight times. I hope he goes 0 for 28 and we give him a nice plaque or something, but I dont see that rreally happening.dddddddddddd" By Wednesday night the Yankees had sent out an email with links to Jeter gear and ticket information. They announced Thursday that general individual ticket sales will start Feb. 24 -- up from March 5 last year. Stubhubs lowest price for the Yankees regular-season home finale on Sept. 25 was $307.50 for a single upper-deck seat and its highest was a fanciful $66,432.90 for a pair in the bleachers. Asking amounts for game No. 162 at Boston three days later were similarly inflated. Mariano Riveras farewell season turned into a marketing opportunity, Already Steiner Sports is selling Jeter game-used equipment that includes jerseys ($15,000 and up), cleats ($1,049.99 and up), batting gloves ($599.99 and up) and even a sock ($525). "This was all sudden. Well sit with Derek and Casey and his people and come up with a plan," Yankees President Randy Levine said, referring to Jeters agent, Casey Close. Jeter had no desire to switch positions or change teams. He wanted to be a member of the Yankees and a shortstop, and nothing else. He was limited to 17 games last season after breaking an ankle in the 2012 playoffs, and he turns 40 in June. He could join Luis Aparicio and Ozzie Smith as the only one-position players with 2,500 or more major league games, according to STATS. If he is able to regain his place on a regular basis, he would be a superannuated shortstop. Only Honus Wagner (1914, 15), Luke Appling (47, 49) and Omar Vizquel (2007) have appeared in 100 or more games at the position in the year they turned 40 or later. "With the captain, its an experience Im going to tell all my kids and the people that I know," Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli said, "because I think hes the greatest player Ive ever seen in my life." NOTES: Masahiro Tanaka also was at the complex, wearing a Yankees T-shirt and shorts, and threw a bullpen session of about two dozen pitches. Jeter joked about having to learn more Japanese to communicate with Tanaka. Pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Tanaka threw two- and four-seam fastballs, splitters and sliders. "It was good. Hes still trying to catch up I think with the time change and everything. Just trying to ease him into things," he said. "Were going to go slow with it." ... The Yankees will play exhibition games against the Miami Marlins in Panama City on March 15-16 to honour Rivera, the first visit of Major League Baseball to the Central American nation since 1947. AP Sports Writer Joe Kay in Goodyear, Ariz., contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz