Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
liny195 Offline

14.12.2018 10:41
Jay Ajayi is rested Antworten

Darius Leonard Jersey , refreshed and ready.

The Philadelphia Eagles can jump aboard the Jay Train when they host Atlanta in an NFC divisional playoff Saturday and try to ride Ajayi to the conference title game.

Ajayi will see his first action in 19 days when he lines up against the Falcons (11-6). He sat out the final game before enjoying his third bye week of the season – one with Miami and two with Philadelphia (13-3).

”I feel really good, like, I feel really good,” said Ajayi, who has been bothered by knee issues. ”No. 1 seed team with an opportunity to go get a Super Bowl. I’m grateful, I’m blessed, I’m excited for this opportunity because it’s all in front of us and if we really take advantage of what we want to do and execute how we can, we can get it done.”

Two weeks before he joined the Eagles, Ajayi ran for 130 yards in Miami’s 20-17 win over Atlanta on Oct. 15. He hasn’t carried the ball as much in Philadelphia, but he might have to be a workhorse this week.

”Same guys. My mentality hasn’t changed,” Ajayi said. ”My mindset is always downhill, attacking, try to punish guys. One-on-one, it’s all about not being tackled.”

Ajayi was the main man in Miami Jaire Alexander Color Rush Jersey , averaging 20 carries per game. He had 465 yards rushing, an average of 3.4 yards and no touchdowns. Last year, Ajayi went to the Pro Bowl after running for 1,272 yards, including three 200-yard games.

After coming to Philly, he adjusted to being part of a rotation. Ajayi shared the backfield with LeGarrette Blount and Corey Cement and didn’t get more than 15 carries in any game following the trade.

Ajayi finished with 408 yards rushing, one touchdown and an average of 5.8 yards per carry in seven games for the Eagles. Blount led the team with 766 yards rushing and Clement had 321.

The offense sputtered in the last two games with Nick Foles at quarterback. Relying on Ajayi’s running can help take pressure off Foles.

”I’m excited. I’m already a round further than I’ve been in my career,” said Ajayi, who had 33 yards rushing in a wild-card loss to Pittsburgh last year. ”For the guys who’ve been to the playoffs and lost, those memories of getting bounced should definitely fuel you. You should have that chip, want to get there and want to bring it home and that starts this Saturday.”

The Eagles are the first No. 1 seed to be an underdog in their first playoff game. The sixth-seeded Falcons are 3-point favorites.

”It’s not insulting. That’s the story line right now,” Ajayi said . ”Without 11 (Carson Wentz), we’re nothing basically. That’s what we’ve been hearing. We’re excited to come out Saturday and showcase what we can do.”

It’s starts with getting aboard the Jay Train. Ajayi loves the nickname that he earned at Boise State. He even wears a gold train pendant on his chain.

”The Jay Train is always out,” he said.

AP NFL website: Tyler Mahle is pitching well in June. Then again Josh Jackson Color Rush Jersey , most everyone is pitching well against the Kansas City Royals this month.

Mahle allowed three hits while working into the seventh, Adam Duvall hit a ninth-inning grand slam and the Cincinnati Reds beat the skidding Royals 7-0 on Wednesday night.

Mahle (5-6) allowed only one runner to touch second base in 6 1/3 innings, matching his career longest start. He is 2-0 in June, allowing two earned runs and 14 hits in 16 1/3 innings.

”I was able to make big pitches, get weak contact and guys were able to make plays behind me, and I was able to hold them off long enough for us to score some runs,” Mahle said.

The Royals have lost nine of 10 and have dropped 23 of 33 home games. They have scored 11 runs in their last eight games and 23 in 12 June games. They have scored one run in the past 25 innings.

”We’ve got to be better than that,” losing pitcher Jason Hammel said. ”This losing is getting old.”

Kansas City is hitting .147 this month with runners in scoring position, including 1 for 25 in the past six games.

Duvall greeted rookie reliever Jason Adam with his second grand slam in two weeks, driving a 2-2 pitch over the left-center wall.

”He threw me a couple of curveballs earlier in that at-bat, but I knew he liked his heater,” Duvall said. ”That’s what I was looking for there. It’s a good feeling to come in here and win two.”

Hammel (2-7) allowed three runs on seven hits over 7 1/3 innings. The Royals committed three errors, including two in the seventh helping the Reds score two runs.

”I know guys are not trying to kick the ball, not try to misplay it Taven Bryan Color Rush Jersey , but at this level those things affect the outcome,” Hammel said. ”That’s the game in a nutshell.”

Alex Gordon, a five-time American League Gold Glove winner, made two defensive gems in the sixth inning. Curt Casali singled off the left-field bullpen fence and tried to stretch it into a double. Gordon threw him out from the warning track for his fifth outfield assist this season and the 85th of his career.

Two pitches later, Gordon made a diving head-first catch of Billy Hamilton’s liner to rob him of a hit.

”The first thing that went through my mind, is no wonder he’s a gold, platinum glove winner,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. ”He’s just so fantastic out there.”

Salvador Perez and Hunter Dozier grounded into double plays to end the first two Royals innings.

Mahle retired 12 of the next 13 batters he faced after Gordon walked in the second inning.

The Royals didn’t have a runner touch second base until Whit Merrifield doubled with two out in the sixth.

STREAKING REDS

Scooter Gennett had two singles, extending his hitting streak to 10 games. … Jose Peraza has reached base in 15 consecutive games. … Reliever Jared Hughes, who pitched a scoreless inning, has not allowed a run in 15 straight appearances.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Royals: 1B Lucas Duda (right foot plantar fasciitis) is doing on-the-field activity. Yost said he is hopeful Duda will go out on a minor league rehab assignment this weekend.

UP NEXT

Reds: They are off Thursday before RHP Matt Harvey will start Friday in Pittsburgh.

Royals: After an off-day Thursday, the Royals will open a three-game home series Friday with the Houston Astros. RHP Jakob Junis will be the KC starter for the opener.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz