Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
laiyongcai92 Offline

21.12.2018 10:36
Los Angeles Chargers final 53-man roster projection Antworten

Three-quarters of the Los Angeles Chargers 2018 preseason is in the books and Tyrell Williams Jersey , except for maybe two or three roster spots, the coaching staff should have a pretty good sense of what their roster will look like come September 1.This is a strange year because several of the presumed backups haven’t really earned their roster spots. I think this is particularly true on the offensive line and at tight end, where none of the reserves inspire a great deal of confidence and the tackles, in particular, have been alarmingly bad.Anyway, let’s take a look at how I expect the roster to shake out this weekend:Quarterback:Philip RiversGeno SmithMy Thoughts: Geno Smith earned the backup quarterback job by outplaying Cardale Jones in every measurable way this preseason. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who can’t beat out Geno Smith doesn’t deserve a roster spot or a practice squad spot. Time to cut bait on Anthony Lynn’s pet project.Side Note: For some reason, I can’t shake the feeling that Lynn’s personal connection with Jones will somehow land “12-gage” on the roster as the third quarterback. I’m giving Lynn the benefit of the doubt here because he hasn’t been shy about cutting players who can’t help the team, but my confidence is wavering.Running back:Melvin GordonAustin EkelerDetrez NewsomeMy Thoughts: This is probably the deepest and most dynamic backfield the Chargers have had since the days of LT, Darren Sproles and Michael Turner; and I think we can all agree that Newsome is the ball-carrying, pass-catching, big-play-making, touchdown-scoring, standing-back-flipping third running back we’ve all been craving. That kid earned his spot and then some.Side note: Personally, I’d try to sneak seventh-round pick Justin Jackson through waivers and place him on the practice squad. I just don’t think he earned the right to be protected and I can’t imagine anyone would be lining up to sign a seventh-round running back who has hardly practiced, let alone played this preseason.Fullback:Derek WattMy Thoughts: It is what it is; just accept it and move on.Wide Receiver:Keenan AllenTyrell WilliamsTravis BenjaminMike WilliamsGeremy DavisArtavis ScottMy Thoughts: Both Geremy Davis and Artavis Scott earned the right to fill out the wide receiver depth chart with their play this preseason. Davis showed considerable growth both as a receiver and a special teams contributor, and Scott displayed an uncanny knack for making plays in the short and intermediate passing game- particularly on third down. He might even provide some value returning kicks down the line.Side note: There is an outside chance the team could keep Dylan Cantrell as the seventh receiver with the intention of moving him to the injured reserve after the final cuts are announced. This approach would allow them to transfer him to the IR without exposing him to the waiver wire, which would not be an option if they tried to place him on IR before final cuts. It’s the same approach they took with Denzel Perryman last year.Tight Ends:Virgil GreenAntonio GatesSean CulkinBraedon BowmanMy Thoughts: Right now my money is on the team signing Antonio Gates. I don’t think the move upgrades the tight end group as much as some people think it will Authentic Keenan Allen Jersey , but I still think it happens. While I don’t believe Braedon Bowman has earned a roster spot, I do think the team will go for quantity over quality in hopes of having enough bodies to limit Gates’ snaps and keep him fresh for as long as possible.Side Note: Eric Williams recently reported the team is expected to place Hunter Henry, who is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, on the IR following final cuts, so he may very well join Dylan Cantrell as a temporary member of the roster before being placed on injured reserve. I didn’t include Henry on my roster because they can just as easily leave him on the PUP, which is what Tom Telesco said he thought they’d do a couple weeks ago.Offensive Line:Russell OkungDan FeeneyMike PounceyMichael SchofieldJoe BarksdaleForrest LampSam TeviSpencer PulleyScott QuessenberryMy Thoughts: In my opinion, none of the projected backups earned the spots I believe they’ll “win” out of camp. Tevi and Quessenberry, in particular, have been terrible during the preseason. I would be stunned if Tom Telesco didn’t add some depth via a waiver wire addition.Defensive Ends:Joey BosaMelvin IngramIsaac RochellChris LandrumMy Thoughts: While there aren’t any real surprises regarding which ends made the roster, I’d say Isaac Rochell has been a pleasant surprise in his extended snaps with the first team defense. Even Landrum exceeded my expectations. This has the makings of a surprisingly deep and productive position group.Defensive Tackles:Brandon MebaneDarius PhilonJustin JonesDamion SquareSteven RichardsonMy Thoughts: This is not a group that inspires a great deal of confidence. Corey Liuget will begin the season on the suspended list and won’t count against the active roster, Brandon Mebane is a shell of himself, Darius Philon is banged up, and third-round pick Justin Jones has yet to appear in a preseason game. That leaves Damion Square and Steven Richardson as the only members of this group who seem to be ready to start the season.Side Note: I should point out the team claimed defensive tackle Marcus Hardison off of waivers after the Saints game and his presence could change things a little, but I’d like to see where he fits in before adding him to my roster. There was also a recent report suggesting Johnathan Hankins had met with the team and will be signing somewhere soon.Linebackers:Denzel PerrymanKyzir WhiteUchenna NwosuHayes PullardKyle EmanuelJatavis BrownNick DzubnarMy Thoughts: We should be looking at a starting trio of Perryman, White and Nwosu before long. A big shout out goes out to Hayes Pullard, who looked fantastic and was arguably the best MIKE on the roster all preseason. He absolutely earned his roster spot. It won’t surprise me if the Chargers scour the waiver wire for another linebacker.Cornerbacks:Casey HaywardTrevor WilliamsDesmond KingMichael DavisCraig MagerMy Thoughts: The only real surprise in this group is fourth-year corner Craig Mager, who spent most of 2017 on the practice squad. He opened the preseason as the fifth corner, managed to blend in with the first and second team defenses Youth Michael Schofield Jersey , and did nothing to hurt his case for making the roster. He played pretty well, and I don’t think anyone behind him did anything to force his way into the conversation, so I suppose you can say he earned it.Safeties:Derwin JamesJahleel AddaeRayshawn JenkinsAdrian PhillipsMy Thoughts: No real surprises here as the team keeps the only four deserving safeties on the roster. As is the case at offensive line, tight end, and linebacker; the safety room seems ripe for a veteran waiver wire addition considering the relative youth and inexperience on the depth chart (Addae notwithstanding). Kicker:Caleb SturgisMy Thoughts: Eeny鈥eany鈥iny鈥h, sorry, my bad. Despite suggestions to the contrary, keeping two kickers does nothing to promote the stability this team is trying to establish at the position, so let’s just pick one and move on. As long as the guy they choose makes 85%+ of his kicks and can make kicks from 45+, I’m good.Punter:Drew KaserMy Thoughts: Kaser was pretty good last season and has looked good in the preseason. I find it hard to believe he won’t retain his job.Long Snapper:Mike Windt There you have it, ladies and gentlemen; that’s my final prediction for the Los Angeles Chargers 53-man roster. While I didn’t include them on my roster, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see either Dylan Cantrell or Hunter Henry wind up a temporary member of the roster before heading to the injured reserve. I also fully expect the team to supplement the offensive line, and maybe one other position group, via the waiver wire once cuts have been announced. And, like everyone else, I’m hopeful the team will add Johnathan Hankins sooner than later. Browns defensive end Myles Garrett roughed up NFL officials.The No. 1 overall pick unloaded on officials on Friday, criticizing them for several calls that have gone against Cleveland in recent weeks and swung momentum in their games."Do your job just like we need to do our job," Garrett said. "If it's holding Womens Isaac Rochell Jersey , call holding. If it's a false start, false start, whether it's us or them."Garrett spoke out unafraid of any consequences from the league, which is sensitive about players criticizing its officiating crews."If I get fined, so be it," he said. "Something needs to be said. If it keeps on going this way, this route, where it seems like we keep on getting the short stick."Garrett has issues with a number of calls, but he was particularly peeved about a play in the second quarter of last Sunday's 38-14 loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.With the Chargers driving, Los Angeles left tackle Russell Okung clearly moved and dropped into pass protection before the ball was snapped. Garrett stopped rushing Okung, and several other players slowed in anticipation of a whistle. But nothing was called, the play continued and Philip Rivers threw a 29-yard touchdown pass.So what should have been a false start instead became a touchdown."It was so obvious," Garrett said. "To my mind, he's moved, nobody else has moved and the ball hasn't moved, so it's kinda textbook. The flag should be up. I don't understand how you don't see it. That's his job is to look down the line and see when people are jumping offside or false starting, but I've got to keep on finishing the play."And while the score put the Chargers up by 18 in a game they'd win by 24, Garrett said a different outcome on the play could have changed things."Momentum matters in the game http://www.chargersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trevor-williams-jersey ," he said. "No doubt. And a six-point turnaround, a seven-point turnaround like that where it could've been a sack or maybe a forced fumble if you keep on playing, or just a no play at all, to a touchdown, that's a huge difference. There were a couple missed calls like that, and that's not on Okung, he's just doing his job."It's on the ref and to him to have that kind of integrity to call that play when it comes."Garrett also referenced the Sept. 30 game at Oakland when a strip sack of Derek Carr was nullified by a quick whistle. The Browns scooped the apparent fumble and were running for a TD when the officials ruled Carr was in the grasp.NFL senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron later acknowledged the crew made the wrong call.Garrett said there were other instances, and he just wants there to be fairness."If it's holding for them, if they're grabbing us, if they're turning us, if they're trying to pull us out of a gap whether it's a run play or a pass play, it needs to be called," he said. "There's no excuse for us. We need to get their hands off of us and we need to play ball, because we know they're not going to get those kind of calls, but at the end of the day, if they see it, they need to pull the flag out."

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz