Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
liny195 Offline

26.12.2018 10:21
Browns’ Denzel Ward earns NFL Rookie of Antworten

the Week honors Cleveland Browns youngster Denzel Ward Myles Garrett Jersey Elite , the No. 4 pick in last April’s draft, earned honors as the NFL’s top rookie for Week 1. Ward, 21, showed every reason why the Browns drafted him with so highly, playing reliably in both run and pass defense. He became the fourth-youngest player to record two interceptions in a game and finished with six total tackles.The award had some pretty strong competition, with No. 2 pick Saquon Barkley—106 yards rushing and one rushing touchdown—and No. 4 pick Sam Darnold—198 passing yards and two touchdowns—both finishing with strong debuts. Vikings Cornerback Mike Hughes and Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay were also in the running of the NFL.com voting poll.“It was nice to see [Ward] make plays, and it was also a big smile to my face of how comfortable he felt playing in the game,” defensive coordinator Gregg Williams said Friday. “He has some things he has to continue to improve.”Despite the remarkable debut, the rookie allowed a back-shoulder touchdown to Antonio Brown. Yep, that guy. Although Ward played it nearly perfectly, Ben Roethlisberger was able to thread the needle, putting the ball inches—maybe millimeters—out of Ward’s reach as he reacted to the play.“We call that play – I am glad you said that – an earned play. That play was highly earned,” Williams said of the picture-perfect touchdown. “He was as good as you can almost be. “Just a small percentage point that he is usually able to separate the ball at the very end of the play.”In his first game, Ward balled out, and he came microscopically close to thwarting an excellent play between savvy veterans. Williams acknowledged them “earning” that score, and then said he hasn’t lost trust in his young corner and will continue to put him in those positions.There’s something to Ward’s reserved-but-confident demeanor. From the jump he has shown up saying very little while letting his play speak for itself.That play has so far surprised many who questioned his selection so high in the draft. Those people probably hadn’t seen him play before and didn’t understand the technical talent and physical skills he brings to the table.Those people are quickly becoming believers.The newer but just as deadly Drew Brees and Michael Thomas combo are up next http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/myles-garrett-jersey , so we’ll see what the rookie has for an encore this Sunday in the dome. Below, we analyze the snap counts and stats on offense for the Cleveland Browns’ Week 8 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.QuarterbackPosPlayerPlays%StatsPosPlayerPlays%StatsThe Steelers kept blitzing Baker Mayfield and Cleveland’s protection had no answer for it. The gameplan on the team’s first drive of the game was a sound one — get RB Duke Johnson the ball in space in the flat, and then negate Pittsburgh’s blitzing pass rush with running plays with Nick Chubb. But you can only go so long without a downfield threat.As the game went on, Joe Haden was ready for every receiver screen that Cleveland threw. On Mayfield’s interception in the first half, he was in the middle of calling some type of adjustment when JC Tretter snapped him the ball — and Mayfield just chucked it deep right, presumably because he tried to make something out of an abandon play of sorts.Mayfield isn’t absolved of blame here. His throws were a bit high and not on target. Something needs to be done about the pass protection — I look at the time to throw that Ben Roethlisberger was afforded to throw and would love to see what Mayfield could do with that same amount of time. When Pittsburgh brings an extra man, they get a free lane. When Cleveland brings an extra man, Pittsburgh so easily picks it up.Running BackPosPlayerPlays%StatsPosPlayerPlays%StatsIt was extremely frustrating to see Duke Johnson get the first two plays of the game (2 catches for 16 yards), and not have a reception the remainder of the way. It’s like — “we have something that works, so let’s not use it again.” Johnson’s injury may have played a factor, but then why did he still play 21 snaps after that?I thought Nick Chubb had some really nice runs in the first half, going 10 carries for 52 yards. In the second half, he had 8 carries for 13 yards. That’s what happens with an imbalanced offense, though. Lots of Cleveland’s success seemed to involve running from a non-heavy package, yet they’d insist on bringing in heavy packages in which they were out-matched.Dontrell Hilliard played some snaps late in the game and had a nice catch-and-run for 24 yards.Wide ReceiverPosPlayerPlays%StatsPosPlayerPlays%StatsIf I’m looking for a shred of optimism this week, it is the fact that Antonio Callaway made two very tightly-contested catches Authentic Myles Garrett Jersey , and also did not drop the wide receiver screens that were thrown to him. The touchdown grab was his second of the year.Jarvis Landry wasn’t getting separation, and to have 8 catches for 39 yards shows just how limited his downfield presence was. His longest catch went for 21 yards on a scramble play, so besides that, he had 7 catches for 18 yards. How many times did Cleveland want to go to the same play before realizing it wasn’t working?Tight EndPosPlayerPlays%StatsPosPlayerPlays%Stats54 snaps for David Njoku, and he wasn’t targeted once all game.In need of offensive playmakers, the Browns once again refused to play Seth DeValve...that is, until the final (garbage time) drive, when Mayfield targeted him twice for 28 yards, including a touchdown. Remind me again why he isn’t seeing at least a third of the snaps each week?Offensive LinePosPlayerPlays%StatsPosPlayerPlays%StatsThe Browns allowed 2 sacks and 7 quarterback hits.Week 1 against Pittsburgh was a bad game for LT Desmond Harrison, and the Steelers exposed him again in Week 8. Per Pro Football Focus:I am not saying that JC Tretter should be benched, but you can tell he is laboring a bit on his ankle when the pressure comes up the middle. If I’m the Browns, I look at the fact that the bye is coming up in three weeks. Cleveland should consider moving to Austin Corbett at center for these next two games, giving Tretter more than enough time to heal up — and you also get to see what your No. 33 overall pick has to offer.Greg Robinson was the lucky sixth lineman to get two bonus snaps this week.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz