Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

27.12.2018 06:32
TORONTO -- Toronto manager John Gibbons placed his trust in two new Blue Jays and was rewarded for his confidence. [url=http://w Antworten

TORONTO -- Toronto manager John Gibbons placed his trust in two new Blue Jays and was rewarded for his confidence. Authentic PJ Tucker Jersey . With Danny Valencia hitting a single and Nolan Reimold following with the game-winning double in the 10th inning, the Blue Jays came back for a 3-2 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Saturday. The Blue Jays tied it in the ninth on a single by Dioner Navarro against Tigers closer Joe Nathan. Valencia and Reimold, both unheralded acquisitions last month, entered the game as pinch-hitters in the eighth inning and struck out as the final two batters to face Tigers right-hander Max Scherzer, who had 11 strikeouts. But when Valencia and Reimold were set to hit as the first two batters in the 10th, Gibbons gave bench coach DeMarlo Hale a little nudge. "I said to DeMarlo at the start of that inning, weve got those two new news guys here, usually you see in the first couple of weeks in a new place they do something big," Gibbons said. "Its just kind of the way it happens, they both did it." Valencia, acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Royals on July 26, led off with an infield single into the hole at shortstop against reliever Joba Chamberlain (1-5). Valencia has a hit in seven of his first 10 games with the Blue Jays. Reimold, claimed off waivers from the Baltimore Orioles on July 6, took a called first strike, fouled off the next one and pounded an 0-2 slider that caught too much of the plate to left centre for the winning hit. "I was expecting a breaking ball but I was expecting it to be a ball trying to get me to chase," Reimold said. "So thankfully I was ready to hit and put it in play. Ill take it. I was happy to come through." Its not the first game that Reimold has won for the Blue Jays. After coming off a calf injury that put him on the disabled list, he hit two home runs, including the game winner, at Houston on July 31. His hit on Saturday made a winner of left-handed reliever Aaron Loup (4-3) who pitched the top of the 10th after rookie right-hander Marcus Stroman pitched a career-high nine innings. The win also gave the Blue Jays a boost after the Tigers scored three runs on two home runs in the ninth inning in a 5-4 comeback win on Friday. "The whole team played a great game, Stroman pitched awesome," Reimold said. "I had a feeling we were going to pull it out," Stroman said. "Everyone was super confident in the dugout, guys kind of had a buzz about them that knew we were going to get the job done and it ended up working out. As everything was unfolding, I was just sitting there excited." The Blue Jays (62-56) and Tigers (63-51) have split the first two games of the series with the rubber match on Sunday. Stroman, who had a good sinking fastball Saturday, allowed four hits, three walks and two runs while striking out four. He is the first Blue Jays rookie to go nine innings since David Bush on Oct. 1, 2004, against the New York Yankees. Scherzer, who has had 11 strikeouts in a start one other time this season and has a season high of 13, said he was spent after holding the Blue Jays to four hits, no walks and one run after eight innings. "I was done," Scherzer said. "Theres nothing else to it. I was done Im not going to sit here and play second guess the manager. I was done. I looked at Brad (manager Ausmus) and he had his hand out so I shook it and I was done. Thats all there is to talk about. I emptied the tank to get through the last inning." Nathan replaced Scherzer for the bottom of the ninth but could not hold the 2-1 lead. Jose Reyes led off with a single, his second hit of the game, and stole second. A review of the play at second base upheld the safe call. Melky Cabreras fly out to deep right sent Reyes to third. Jose Bautista was walked intentionally. Navarro rapped a 3-1 pitch on the ground to right field to tie the game at 2-2. The Blue Jays had a chance to win it without going to an extra innings. A wild pitch put runners at second and third. Colby Rasmus walked to load the bases and right-hander Joakim Soria replaced Nathan. Juan Francisco popped out to shortstop and Munenori Kawasaki grounded out to first to send the game to an extra inning. Soria came to the mound for the 10th but left with a side strain before throwing a pitch and was replaced by Chamberlain. "Were not sure how bad it is," Ausmus said. "We wont know until tomorrow." Victor Martinez sliced a two-out, two-run double to left field in the sixth inning as the Tigers took a 2-0 lead. Ian Kinsler, who singled with two out, and Miguel Cabrera, who walked, scored. The Blue Jays answered with a run in their sixth. Reyes singled with two out and Cabrera sent him home with a double to left centre. It was Cabreras second hit of the game as he extended his hit streak to four games. That set up the late-inning heroics. "It was a great day all the way around," Gibbons said. "It was really the only way to end it." Notes: Announced attendance at Rogers Centre was 45,927, ninth sellout of the season. à Blue Jays DH Adam Lind (right foot fracture) was not in the lineup Saturday for the Gulf Coast League game in Florida. He is still expected to join the Blue Jays in Seattle for a three-game series against the Mariners that opens on Monday. Lind went 2-for-2 on Thursday in his first rehabilitation outing in the GCL but took Friday off as a precaution after he experienced some back tightness. àFormer Blue Jays OF Rajai Davis had two singles on Saturday for the Tigers. He had two doubles in Detroits 5-4 win on Friday. àLHP David Price (11-8, 3.11 earned-run average), who was acquired from the Tampa Bay Rays in a trade on July 31, will pitch the series finale on Sunday for the Tigers against Blue Jays LHP Mark Buehrle (11-8, 3.27 ERA). Cheap Rockets Jerseys . Weise left the arena with a splint on his wrist and underwent tests to determine whether the tendon is torn. Winger Travis Moen will also miss some time after suffering a concussion in Mondays contest. Rockets Jerseys China . UEFA said Wednesday that the champions of England and France only have to include five home-trained players in their 21-man squads next season instead of the expected eight. Only one of the five players needs to be trained by the club itself. http://www.cheaprocketsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-chris-paul-jersey . The 26-year-old Regina native teamed up with Denny Morrison and Mathieu Giroux to win gold in 2010. Makowsky also was 13th in the 5,000 metres and 19th in the 1,500m in Vancouver. He also represented Canada at the 2014 Games in Sochi, helping the pursuit team finish fourth and finishing 28th in the 1,500.JOHANNESBURG, South Africa -- Edoardo Molinari was in a four-way tie for the first-round lead at the European Tours Joburg Open with his 7-under-par 64 on Thursday. The Italian, chasing a British Open place as well as his first title in four years, was joined by Scottish pair Alastair Forsyth and Craig Lee and South African Justin Walters. A 2010 Ryder Cup winner, Molinari opened with three straight birdies at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington and collected eight in all on the par-71 West Course. "The front nine was probably as good as Ive played in a long time," he said. Lee had maybe the most impressive start with his 7-under 65 on the tougher par-72 East Course, with eight birdies and just one bogey on No. 17. "Its really hard to figure out where you are in the field with two golf courses, and with the East being slightly tougher I feel like Im in a good position," Lee said. Forsyth and Walters both carded 64s on the West, with Forsyth not dropping a shot all day. They led by one shot. Players play one round on the East and West courses before finishing on the East over the weekend. The tournament is also a qualifying event for the British Open in July and offers places to the three highest-placed finishers in the top 10 not already exempt. Authentic Hakeem Olajuwon Jersey. None of the top 10 on Thursday have qualified for the Open. Johannesburg defending champion Richard Sterne opened with a 5-under 67 on the East, but couldnt fully capitalize on an eagle three on his first hole, as he sat in a tie for 13th. Sterne has qualified for the British Open, as has former Masters champion Charl Schwartzel, who managed a 69 on the East. Molinari has battled through fitness problems since his 2010 Ryder Cup debut and hasnt won since that year, but looked solid with five birdies and a single dropped shot on his opening nine. He made another three birdies coming in. Chasing the leading pack are eight players on 6 under, including South Africas Hennie Otto, who tied for second in the season-opening South African Open in November. South Koreas Jin Jeong, who won his maiden tour title at the Perth International last year, is also in contention after a 65. The Joburg Open is the sixth tournament out of 10 on the early European Tour schedule to be played in South Africa. There will be a seventh next weekend with the Africa Open. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz