Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

27.12.2018 06:33
NEW YORK -- At least on this day, Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles were better than the best pitcher in the big leagues t Antworten

NEW YORK -- At least on this day, Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles were better than the best pitcher in the big leagues this season. Authentic Rudy Gay Jersey . Tillman tossed seven innings of four-hit ball and Baltimore beat the New York Yankees 8-0 Sunday, handing Masahiro Tanaka his second major league loss. "Hes some kind of pitcher," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "We were fortunate to catch him on a day when he wasnt as sharp as he normally is." Jonathan Schoop homered off Tanaka for the second time and fellow rookie Caleb Joseph capped the scoring with his first career homer. J.J. Hardy hit a three-run double for the Orioles, who spoiled Old-Timers Day at Yankee Stadium and took two of three from their AL East rivals. After squandering a ninth-inning lead in Friday nights loss, Baltimore outhomered the Yankees 6-1 and outscored them 14-1 in the final two games of the series. "What does it say about this team? That we have a short memory," Hardy said. New York slugger Mark Teixeira left in the eighth after getting hit on the toes of his left foot by an 85 mph slider from T.J. McFarland. Teixeira hobbled toward first, then slammed his helmet to the ground in anger before heading into the dugout. X-rays were negative, manager Joe Girardi said. "I thought it was broken again. I took it out on my helmet," Teixeira said. "Just breathing a sigh of relief right now." Tillman (6-4) snapped a two-start skid, though he pitched well in those outings, and improved to 6-0 on the road -- though he entered with a 6.33 ERA away from home. "I made some adjustments during my side sessions and I was able to carry them out to the mound with me today," Tillman said. Tanaka (11-2) allowed three runs in seven innings, giving him a quality start all 15 times out this season. But the Yankees provided no support for the Japanese rookie, who entered with the most wins in the majors and the best ERA (1.99) in the American League. His only other defeat came on May 20 against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. Then he went 5-0 with a 1.26 ERA in his next five starts before Sunday. Hardy hit a bases-loaded double in a four-run eighth against Adam Warren after a disputed call went against the Yankees. As he tried for a double play, third baseman Kelly Johnson was taken out by Steve Pearce on what appeared to be an illegal slide too far from the bag. Girardi called it a "pretty malicious" and "dangerous" play, but Pearce said he wasnt trying to hurt Johnson. Manny Machado chopped an RBI single, and Joseph homered in the ninth. Joseph said he was excited that his first home run came at Yankee Stadium, and he ran up the tunnel and hid for a while to turn the tables on his teammates who were planning the silent treatment. The 28-year-old catcher got the souvenir ball back, and said he was told it was Derek Jeter who went to the ball boy and made sure of it. "He might have been the only one on the field that knew it was my first major league home run," Joseph said. "Im really thankful that he did that." Schoop homered to left on a 2-2 pitch in the second, making the 22-year-old infielder from Curacao the only big league player to go deep twice against Tanaka. Schoop also connected for a three-run shot at Yankee Stadium on April 9, when Tanaka ended up with a no-decision in Baltimores 5-4 victory. "I saw the ball pretty well. It was up," Schoop said. "I think he missed a little bit." Hardy singled to start the seventh and went to third on Machados double. Schoop had an RBI groundout, and Joseph hit a long sacrifice fly after fouling off a suicide squeeze attempt. "I feel like that I kind of let the game go there," Tanaka said through a translator. NOTES: Before the game, Hall of Fame reliever Goose Gossage was honoured with a plaque to be put in Monument Park -- part of festivities for the 68th annual Old-Timers Day at Yankee Stadium. Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford, both in their 80s, waved from a golf cart and received standing ovations. ... The recorded voice of late public address announcer Bob Sheppard welcomed fans to Old-Timers Day. Showalter, who managed the Yankees from 1992-95, was introduced to a warm ovation. He popped out of the dugout in full Orioles gear and waved to the crowd before hugging former GM Gene Michael and other ex-Yankees along the third base line. ... Baltimore signed veteran LHP Randy Wolf to a minor league contract. Wolf was cut by Miami last week. Authentic Pau Gasol Jersey . For Sweed, a second round pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008, this will be his second go around in the CFL after previously having spent time with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Authentic DeMar DeRozan Jersey . -- LeGarrette Blount made one last big splash into a soggy end zone. http://www.cheapspursjerseysauthentic.com/ . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets.NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguezs record-breaking grand slam was a big one for the Yankees, who can only hope it came in time for a last-gasp run at the playoffs. Rodriguez set a major league mark with his 24th career slam, passing Lou Gehrig with a tiebreaking shot in the seventh inning that sent New York to a 5-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Friday night. "It means Im getting old," said Rodriguez, 38. "Its hard to think about things like that right now. Were really on a sprint to the end here and every win is huge for us." A-Rods drive helped CC Sabathia (14-13) beat Tim Lincecum in a matchup of former Cy Young Award winners having subpar seasons. More importantly for the Yankees, it carried them to their second win in seven games as they cling to faint playoff hopes. New York, which has eight games remaining, pulled within three of the second AL wild card -- with three other teams in between. The Indians 2-1 rain-shortened win over Houston, moved them a half-game ahead of Texas, which began the day tied with Tampa Bay atop the standings but lost 2-1 to Kansas City. The Rays beat Baltimore in 18 innings to keep the lead. "Its an unbelievable accomplishment and its a big one for us," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I dont know if we can afford to lose any more games." Alfonso Soriano also homered and New York opened its final homestand with a much-needed victory, hours after pitcher Andy Pettitte announced his plans to retire -- again -- following this season. The news about Pettitte hardly came as a surprise, but the 41-year-old lefty put to rest any speculation he might be back next season. Pettitte, who stepped off the mound for a year before returning in 2012, is scheduled to start the series finale Sunday -- the same day the Yankees will honour retiring closer Mariano Rivera in a pregame ceremony. Rookie outfielder Juan Perez, back home in the Bronx, hit an RBI double for the Giants. The defending World Series champions have spent all week in New York -- they took two of three from the Mets at Citi Field, where a large throng of vocal San Francisco fans made them feel right at home. Giants rooters came out in the Bronx, too, easy to spot in their orange or black jerseys. An audible chant of "Lets go Giants!" quickly drew boos from Yankees fans in the crowd of 41,734. "Theres a lot of Giants fans here. I noticed that. They travel well," Rodriguez said. With the score tied at 1, Eduardo Nunez grounded a single tthrough the right side to start the seventh. Discount Spurs Jerseys. Lincecum (10-14) hit Brendan Ryan with a pitch and walked Ichiro Suzuki with two outs, loading the bases and ending the right-handers night. Rodriguez, hampered by a sore leg lately, reached out and lofted a 2-1 pitch from George Kontos toward the hitter-friendly dimensions in right field for his 654th career homer and seventh this season. "Just tough to watch and tough to put somebody in that kind of situation," Lincecum said. "Just wasted a lot of pitches that inning, didnt attack the zone as much as the previous six, and I felt like I couldve gotten out of that better than what happened." The hit snapped a 1-for-25 slide for A-Rod, who returned Aug. 5 from hip surgery. It was his 14th slam for the Yankees, moving him ahead of Joe DiMaggio for second place on the franchise list behind Gehrig. "Im a huge fan of Lou Gehrig, everything hes done, going back to his college days in New York," Rodriguez said. "Hes kind of the gold standard for a Yankee. Special moment. Ill think about it someday." Sabathia was pulled after a leadoff single in the eighth and walked off to a warm ovation. David Robertson got Perez to ground into a double play, and Rivera worked a perfect ninth. But it was Rodriguez who delivered the big blow. "Unbelievable -- especially at that moment. He came up big for us again," Sabathia said. "Hopefully we can just keep getting big hits like that and keep winning games." Lincecum, who had won four straight decisions, was looking for his first five-game winning streak since early in the 2010 season. He was charged with four runs and five hits in 6 2-3 innings. He threw 66 of 121 pitches for strikes. "He pitched great," manager Bruce Bochy said. "Its some tough luck there in that last inning." NOTES: Giants CF Angel Pagan was rested in favour of Perez. ... DH Buster Posey singled in the sixth to end a 1-for-23 skid on the road trip. ... Rodriguezs previous slam came in Atlanta on June 12 last year. ... Looking to spark his struggling lineup, Girardi moved a slumping Suzuki into the leadoff spot, partly because he had faced Lincecum several times in the past few years. ... LHP Boone Logan (elbow) was available, Girardi said. ... After the Yankees got in late following Thursday nights loss at Toronto, C Chris Stewart was rested in favour of rookie J.R. Murphy. "Physically, I just think its too hard," Girardi said. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz