Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
laiyongcai92 Offline

29.12.2018 03:57
Resetting the Patriots’ wide receiver depth chart Antworten

after the release of Kenny Britt When spring practices started earlier this year Cordarrelle Patterson Jersey , the New England Patriots fielded a deep wide receiver group. Even after moving on from last year’s top two, Brandin Cooks and Danny Amendola, the team had plenty of high-upside talent, versatility, and experience at its disposal. Things change quickly in the NFL, however, and a lot of this depth will no longer be available when the Patriots kick off their regular season on September 9.The latest domino to fall is veteran Kenny Britt, who was released by New England earlier today after missing virtually all of training camp because of a nagging hamstring injury. With Britt now gone, let’s reset New England’s wide receivers to find out what offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and quarterback Tom Brady currently have at their disposal.Sure-fire roster locksDespite being suspended for the first four weeks of the season Authentic Jeremy Hill Jersey , Julian Edelman is a lock to return to the lineup in week five and join Chris Hogan as one of the top options at the wide receiver position. Hogan, meanwhile, will likely serve as the Patriots’ number one wideout at least early on during the season. A member of Tom Brady’s select circle of trust, the veteran is projected to see plenty of playing time during Edelman’s absence and beyond. Matthew Slater, he of one career reception, is also a lock to make the team. However, he will have no impact in the passing game and again serve as a special teams captain.Very much safeGiven Britt’s release, both Phillip Dorsett and Cordarrelle Patterson will highly likely make the team. While Dorsett has seen more time in the slot compared to last season and could be a candidate to fill Edelman’s shoes the first four weeks, Patterson has stood out because of his athleticism: a former first-round draft pick like Dorsett Youth Danny Shelton Jersey , the 27-year old has an intriguing skill set that appears to fit well into the Patriots’ offense.Fighting for the remaining spot(s?)Unless the Patriots bring in an outside receiver to compete for a roster spot, at least one of the five players listed above will find himself on the 53-man roster on opening day. While Turner has been relatively quiet so far, the other four players have all had their moments over the past few weeks and/or offer an interesting set of skills to work inside New England’s offense or special teams units. Friday’s preseason game should give more insight into who is the front-runner of the group. The Patriots scored 43 points last night, have put 119 on the board the last three weeks, and are riding a three-game winning streak after knocking off the undefeated Chiefs.And Tom Brady thinks they can get better.During his weekly paid appearance on WEEI, Brady expressed confidence that his offense was still a work in progress.“I think we’re starting to feel confident in what we can achieve really if we put it together for four quarters,” Brady said, via Phil Perry of NBC Sports Boston. “I think it’s going to look great. We had 38, 38 and 43. And I think we all feel like there’s plays still out there and we’re still getting familiar with one another. If we can just keep grinding and keep practicing and keep making improvements 4Stephon Gilmore Jersey , it’s tough to stop us. That’s a good feeling.”Of particular interest to Brady is his developing relationship with wide receiver Josh Gordon, who caught five passes for 42 yards, but left the game briefly after going down hard in the end zone on an attempted deep ball. He still played 63 snaps, as he gets accustomed to his new home.“I think if we keep working at it,” Brady said, “a lot of things are going to look better. I have a lot of confidence in him. . . .“For him to be in there as many plays [as he was], in my view is so impressive . . . I think the best is ahead of us if we just keep working at it.”While it’s hard to imagine them improving on their recent output, a number of factors (including the improvement of rookie running back Sony Michel) has put their offense on a new trajectory from their 1-2 start.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz