Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

30.12.2018 10:02
TORONTO -- Before Milos Raonic and Vasek Pospisil were born and when they werent yet old enough to hold tennis rackets, a genera Antworten

TORONTO -- Before Milos Raonic and Vasek Pospisil were born and when they werent yet old enough to hold tennis rackets, a generation of Swedes led by Stefan Edberg, Bjorn Borg and Mats Wilander swept the tennis world. Nike Air Max Danmark . Now it might be Raonic and Pospisils turn to do the same as Canadians. "I think theres a chance now with the guys in Canada here that they can do the same journey," Edberg said. "It should be a very exciting time for Canadian tennis going forward now." Considering Raonic beating Pospisil on Sunday in the Citi Open was the first all-Canadian final in the history of the mens tour, this journey is just getting started. What the match also illustrated is that Pospisil has a ways to go to catch up with Raonic, even though hes showing evidence of following him up the rankings. Pospisil, who will face Richard Gasquet in the first round of the Rogers Cup on Tuesday, is ranked 27th in the world after reaching his first ATP final. Raonic is back up to his career high of sixth after winning his sixth title. "For me, just seeing him, growing up with him and beating him when we were younger just motivated me a little bit and feeling I could do it, too," Pospisil said Monday. "I have a lot of areas of my game that I need to work on and fully develop to reach the top 10." Raonic is still the standard for Pospisil and this new generation of Canadian mens tennis players, but the Vancouver native is making strides, especially recently. A back injury contributed to a streak of eight consecutive losses from February through the French Open, and it took some time before Pospisil was 100 per cent again. "I got healthy for the first time this year the week before Wimbledon, and then I built a pretty good momentum," he said. "I felt every week I have been improving, and I feel like Ive got a good groove now." Pospisil got his groove back during doubles play at Wimbledon when he and American partner Jack Sock won it all. Raonic said that doubles run mightve given Pospisil "a perspective and a confidence to really be able to be playing this well that quickly." It has been what Pospisil has called a "pretty amazing couple of years" since being ranked in the 100s. The 24-year-old has improved so much in that period of time that Raonic and others cant help but take notice. "I think hes just constantly getting better, and most importantly you see hes playing consistently a lot of weeks making quarters and hes beating the guys he should be," said Raonic, who is set to play Wednesday night at Rexall Centre. "Thats the first steps you need to make. Thats how you can see that somebody is making progress in a developmental stage." Coming off a tiring week in Washington, Pospisil faces an immediate challenge at the Rogers Cup in the 12th-seeded Gasquet, whom he beat in the Citi Open semifinals. Pospisil used Monday to catch his breath because playing Tuesday is a difficult, quick turnaround. "Im a little bit tired but I wont be tomorrow, just today," Pospisil said. "I didnt get much sleep last night or the night before. So right now Im not feeling great, but I know tomorrow Ill be fit." A third Canadian got into the winning act Monday night as wild card Peter Polansky beat 2013 Wimbledon semifinalist Jerzy Janowicz 7-6(5), 6-4. Polansky, who advances to face second-seeded Roger Federer on Tuesday night, didnt watch the Raonic-Pospisil match in Washington but credits their success as a bit of inspiration. "When youre around your peers and your peers start doing well, I think it pushes everyone and it gives everyone a little extra confidence saying, Im training with this guy, maybe Im beating him a little bit in practice and look where hes ranked," Polansky said. "I think for sure it gives us all a little confidence." Polansky grew up nearby but hadnt won a match at Rexall Centre since 2010. Even though Pospisil has just one victory in four career matches in Toronto, he flashed a wide smile Monday when the topic of playing back home in Canada was brought up. Flash bulbs went off before he explained that excitement about the Rogers Cup served as inspiration over the past couple of weeks. Pospisils lack of success here in the past is much more an indication of where he has been, not where he is as a player right now. Still, hes admittedly a work in progress. "Its an ongoing process over the course of the last 18 months and probably will be the same for years to come, just becoming a complete player all around and being aggressive and thats the key," Pospisil said. "I think thats where I made my biggest jump was when I started being less passive on the court and especially in big moments, and you have to kind of play aggressive and go for it, as all these guys do." With his big, intimidating serve, Raonic is at the point where hes measuring himself against the likes of Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Federer. Asked about his best matches of 2014, Raonic pointed to a loss to Djokovic as one of them. Its unlikely Pospisil will look back at Sundays 6-1, 6-4 drubbing at the hands of Raonic in the same way. No matter the opponent, his first final represented an early career milestone. "I would have liked to have been on the winning end of that, obviously, but yeah, its another special moment for me because it was my first final," Pospisil said. "The fact that I was playing another Canadian, Milos, made it more special for sure, I think especially for tennis fans in Canada. But, yeah, I think its more icing on the cake, I guess, for all the good results that we have been having these past few years in Canada." But the match did show a glimpse of what would be the best-case scenario for Pospisil and Raonic: more finals played between the budding rivals. Nike Air Max Udsalg .com) - The Columbus Blue Jackets rewarded starting goaltender and pending restricted free agent Sergei Bobrovsky with a four-year contract extension on Friday. Nike Air Max Tilbud Danmark . Malone will become an unrestricted free-agent and as per the collective bargaining agreement, the Lightning will be responsible for two-thirds of the remainder of his contract over twice the length of the rest of the deal. http://www.danmarkairmax.com/ . Goldeyes third baseman Ryan Pineda drove in three runs and the pitching staff didnt allow an earned run, as Winnipeg downed Kansas City 6-3 in American Association exhibition action at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas.Hey, grow up!Signs of maturity in an NFL team usually mean it has a chance to achieve something special. Solid clock management. Few penalties, and none when a game is on the line. Honest and insightful sideline conversations.Simply going about business the right way.Sure, talent is an overriding factor in any teams success. But its rarely the sole decider, which is why getting hot in the playoffs often works. Over the last decade, were the 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2008 Cardinals, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants or 2012 Ravens the most skilled?Probably not.They were, however, the most together. And thats all about maturity.I think youre always striving to be a mature team, says Dallas coach Jason Garrett, whose Cowboys are an excellent case in point. Theyve had every opportunity to fall apart late in several games this season that they pulled out, including a benchmark victory at Seattle. I do think we have mature guys on our team. They might not be quite as experienced.I think whenever we think about bringing a player in here, we talk a lot about the makeup of the player. That has everything to do with who they are as a person and the kind of people they are, maybe as much as it has to do with the kind of player they are. I do think that even though we are inexperienced, I do think theres a sense of maturity. We value that. I think thats important in this league, going back to work the right way every day and then handling the different situations that come up.How teams react to adversity is a true measure of maturity. Look at the Cardinals, a team ravaged by injuries throughout the roster. Such key players as Larry Fitzgerald, Darnell Dockett and Carson Palmer, to touch only the top of the iceberg, have been sidelined.Yet Arizona shows no sign of panic, and its only defeats in a 9-2 season have been on the road to last Februarys Super Bowl participants.That stems from Bruce Arians, whose coaching acumen has turned a once-mediocre group into a force.You cant win enough games early, and you better win late he says. Thats why you play 16 of them. I think when you peak, you get momentum and you just ride it, and weve been riding it pretty good. We got knocked off the horse, so figure out why, get back on and lets go.That is exactly what a mature group does.Another team that is growing in stature and reliability is Green Bay. The Packers can be maddeningly inconsistent on the road and overwhelmingg at home. Nike Air Max Tilbud. But they showed in last Sundays victory at Minnesota — often a depressing if short road trip for them — that they might have taken another big step.The league is about adjustments, Aaron Rodgers says. You have to be able to make adjustments within a game and at halftime. When you get out there you have to be able to react and trust the things you worked on in practice and done throughout the year.Yep, consistency is a key. Just look at the Patriots, who other than a select few led by Tom Brady have had a changing cast throughout their 14 seasons of success. But the approach remains the same.Elsewhere — look way down in the standings — comes evidence that maturity hasnt struck. So many of this seasons losing teams have no true identity.Or the identity they have isnt one they want.One place many felt that situation would change was Washington under new coach Jay Gruden. Yet, this weeks decision to bench Robert Griffin III for Colt McCoy further emphasizes a level of dysfunction in the nations capital that critics usually claim is the province of Capitol Hill.Another is Tampa Bay, where veteran Lovie Smith took over a floundering and maladjusted roster and locker room. A success in charge of the Bears and considered a players coach, Smith has had little positive effect on the standings or the performances by the Bucs.It got so bad recently that defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the teams best player, said: This is a very undisciplined team, probably the worst Ive ever been on as a unit.Perhaps the best example of a lack of maturity came in a weak teams win: The comical display by Raiders linebackers Sio Moore and Khalil Mack in the final moment of Oaklands only win, against Kansas City. The duo wildly celebrated a sack with an elaborate dance and handshake well behind the line of scrimmage — even though the Chiefs still had the ball. If not for defensive end Justin Tuck, a 10-year vet, calling a timeout, who knows if the Raiders would have gotten their first victory in more than a calendar year?I dont chuckle over it, no, no, no, interim coach Tony Sparano said. I dont chuckle over it. I can just imagine what the headline would be today, so I dont chuckle over it.That headline might well have been: Hey, Grow Up!___AP Sports Writers Josh Dubow, Bob Baum and Schuyler Dixon contributed to this story.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz