Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 38 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

11.01.2019 08:55
I always enjoy going back in time and looking at top prospects at the time and seeing if they lived up to their past billing. [u Antworten

I always enjoy going back in time and looking at top prospects at the time and seeing if they lived up to their past billing. Air Max 270 Cheap Wholesale . Lets go back 10 years for example, to Baseball Americas "Top 100" list of prospects that came out in March of 2003. Nine of the Top 10 are with different organizations now than they were then, or in the case of Hideki Matsui, have retired. The one who has remained was the fourth-ranked man on the list, Joe Mauer of the Twins; a catcher then who will likely be playing 1st base in 2014. No. 1 on the list was Mark Teixeira, then of the Texas Rangers, who ultimately wound up with the New York Yankees. No. 3 was Jose Reyes, then of the Mets, who jumped to the Marlins as a free agent before coming over to the Blue Jays a year ago in that mammoth trade with Miami. All in all I counted 10 players on the Top 100 list that one way or the other spent time with the Blue Jays, but most were acquired, not drafted or developed. The List of 10 included catchers John Buck and Jeff Mathis, outfielders Jayson Werth and Juan Rivera, 1B Lyle Overbay, reliever Jon Rauch, right-hander Jason Arnold and another veteran right-hander who was owned by the Jays, but never really pitched for them, in Edwin Jackson who was part of the three-way deal with the White Sox and St. Louis that brought Colby Rasmus to Toronto. The other two are the only two still with the club in Reyes and right-hander Dustin McGowan, who was No. 36 on that list of 100 in 2003. There was some on the Baseball America list who were clearly overrated and turned out to be busts, while others were clearly underrated and exploded into superstars. Taking the later first, Miguel Cabrera, the best all-round hitter in baseball was only rated 12th then. Dodgers star shortstop Hanley Ramirez was only pegged at No. 19; Phillies ace lefty Cliff Lee checked in at No. 30 and Dodgers 1st baseman Adrian Gonzalez at 31. You can dig even deeper to find greatness. Zack Greinke, just 19 at the time, was only ranked 54th. Shin-soo Choo, who just signed a seven-year deal with Texas, was owned by Seattle at the time and only ranked 61st. Going deep still, you have Mets captain David Wright at No. 75 and Prince Fielder now with Texas at No. 78 Jayson Werth, whos had a fairly impactful career, was listed at No. 94 and the aforementioned Edwin Jackson was No. 99. Some of those who didnt pan out as expected, No. 2 Rocco Baldelli, though illness factored into that. Right-hander Jesse Foppert of the Giants, No. 5 on the list, never really blossomed either. Some of the others who never really made it include 1B Jason Stokes of the Marlins (No. 15), 1B Brad Nelson of the Brewers (No. 23) and right-hander John VanBenschoten of the Pirates (No. 24). The top Canadian on the list was the Twins Justin Morneau at No. 14, whos now with Colorado. Two other names of note: Cardinals ace right-hander Adam Wainright, then of Atlanta was No. 18 and Josh Hamilton, who began his career with the Devil Rays as they were then known, was No. 33. He then proceeded to Cincinnati, Texas, and finally to the Angels, where hes trying to recapture his past glory. Oddly enough of the 100 prospects on this list I counted only five that were still with organization that drafted them: McGowan, Wright, Chase Utley, Colby Lewis, and Mauer. Thats a 95% turnover in 10 years. Consider: the World Series as we know it has been around since 1903, I was surprised to find out the first pinch-hit homer in the Fall Classic didnt come until 1947 with Yankees Hall of Famer Yogi Berra doing the honours at old Ebbetts Field in Brooklyn against the Dodgers. Air Max 270 Cheap Australia . Jackson Houck added a goal and two assists for the Giants (28-23-10), who halted a five-game slide, while Tyler Morrison, Mason Geertsen and Dominik Volek each scored once. Matt Bellerive scored both goals for the Blazers (12-43-5), who are 1-9-0 in their last 10 outings. Air Max 270 Online Shopping . Mission accomplished. Now the Royals will take the field on Saturday with a World Series lead for the first time in team history when they play Game 4 of the Fall Classic against the Giants at AT&T Park. http://www.airmax270cheapaustralia.com/ . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal. TORONTO, Ontario -- Coach Brent Sutter liked what he saw even if his Canadian junior team dominated the CIS Toronto Selects in exhibition play on Saturday afternoon. Connor McDavid, the 16-year-old prodigy who draws most of the attention, scored Canadas first goal and big Josh Anderson threw his weight around and scored as Canada downed the Selects 3-0. Left winger Charles Hudon finished it off with an empty-net goal in the final minute. "I was pleased with a lot of things," said Sutter. "There were times in the third where we have to be careful in our own zone. We cant be soft on pucks. We have to do everything hard and do it the right way. "But if you look at the opportunities we had. All three of their goalies played really well for them, but it was good to see. We did a lot of good things." Canada dominated the play and outshot the Selects 56-20. Sutter isnt worried that, considering the number of chances they produced, the finish around the net wasnt quite there yet. It was only the second day of a three-day camp at the Mastercard Centre to kick off preparations for the world junior championship that begins Dec. 26 in Malmo, Sweden. The team will have an off-ice workout Sunday morning before flying to Sweden, where they will play pre-tournament games against Finland, the Swedes and Switzerland before the real games begin. The team will take all 25 players from selection camp to Europe, with no cuts being made in Canada. "I know all these guys can score goals," said Sutter. "So its getting them to become a team first and foremost. Getting them to understand roles theyll have to play on this team and making sure everything is within the confines of how we want to play, our identity as a hockey team." There are 25 players in camp and the roster will be trimmed to 22 -- two goalies, seven defencemen and 13 forwards -- for the tournament. No cuts will be made until the squad gets to Sweden. They could come after the first pre-tournament game Dec. 20 against the Finns. Sutter had encouraging news on Jonathan Drouin, the gifted winger who is expected to be an offensive motor for Canada. The Halifax Mooseheads star, who suffered a concussion last week in Quebec Major Junior Hockey league play, was symptom free after riding a stationary bike and may be fit to resume skating when the team gets to Europe. "Well get him to go a little farther (on Sunday) and if that goes well, well get him on the ice when we go overseas," the coach said. The juniors owned the puck against the Selects, a team put together from three university squads, and Sutter gave plenty of ice time to the unit of McDavid, 2014 draft prospect Sam Reinhart and left winger Hunter Shinkaruk. McDavid is vying to become the sixth skater to play for Canadas world junior squad at 16, after Wayne Gretzky, Jason Spezza, Eric Lindros, Jay Bouwmeester and Sidney Crosby. He helped his bid with a strong effort against the Selects. "I was okay," the skinny, six-foot phenom saaid. Air Max 270 Wholesale Australia. "I felt pretty good out there. "The pace was pretty good. The guys were a lot older, a lot bigger. I felt I had my legs. I felt the team played very well for our first game together. We didnt give up a whole lot defensively, which was good." Canada outshot the students 19-3 in the opening period and had Hudon, Reinhart and Curtis Lazar hit goalposts. Still, the Selects first-period goalie Garrett Sheehan kept it scoreless. The period offered several special teams situations, including one-man and two-man advantages and 4-on-4 play. McDavid and Reinhart got ice time in all of them. McDavid even played the right point on a two-man advantage. "That was a little different," the Erie Otters star said. "(Sutter) wants to try some things out. "I will do whatever he wants me to. It was nice to play the power play and everything like that. There are 15 other forwards that can do that. I just want to worry about keeping my play up." McDavid finally got a goal on a power play 13:37 into the second period against Andrew Perugini, and was dangerous around the net for most of the game. Asked about McDavid, Sutter grinned and said "he really did a good job." Then there was the six-foot-two Anderson, a Columbus Blue Jackets prospect who plays by the Brian Burke buzzword "truculence." He not only dished out checks, but got a goal 15 seconds into the third period, picking the top corner behind Troy Passingham after a feed from behind the net from Rychel. His line with Rychel and six-foot-four Frederik Gauthier also stood out. "As the game went on, that line really got their legs under them," said Sutter. "Theyre all big guys that can skate. "They play a heavy game. They get on the forecheck hard and theyre smart. Its nice to have that size on your team and who play that way." Hudon had a wild night, missing on two breakaways before finally picking off a cross-ice pass and going in alone to score the empty-netter. Zachary Fucale started for Canada and Jake Paterson took over at 10:06 of the second to share the shutout. Fucale had to be sharp on two chances by Andrew Buck early in the second after a turnover in Canadas end. "There wasnt that many shots, but I kept my focus and did some good things out there and thats what we want," said Fucale. "The team played well in front of me, which made it easy on me," said Fucales camp roommate Paterson. "But all in all it was a good game." Normally, Canada has its goalies play for both teams when it faces a CIS squad, but Sutter said he didnt want his goalies playing against each other. Notes: Canada scratched four players -- Griffin Reinhart, Bo Horvat, Josh Morrissey and Nic Petan. Sutter said Morrissey came to camp with soreness from an injury and they opted to rest him. The other were players who are all-but locks to make the team . . The CIS team was made up of players from York, Toronto and Ryerson universities. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz