Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
hong wei Offline

18.01.2019 07:02
www.officiallightningprostore.com Antworten

MILWAUKEE — Lorenzo Cain is eligible to come off the disabled list Wednesday but won’t quite be ready to go when the Milwaukee Brewers wrap up their three-game series against the Minnesota Twins with a matinee at Miller Park.

Cain has been sidelined since June 24 with a strained left groin and had been making progress in his rehab but isn’t 100 percent yet and will need a little more time Adidas Nikita Kucherov Jersey , manager Craig Cousnell said.

“He had a good day on the field, but there’s enough caution there that we have to get over the last hurdle,” Counsell said. “We’re not to 100 percent yet. We’re definitely going in a good direction.”

Christian Yelich has been out since the first inning of Sunday’s game thanks to a stiff back but he took batting practice for a third straight day Tuesday and came into the game as a ninth-inning defensive sub, leaving him on the verge of returning to the lineup — perhaps as early as Wednesday.

“He’s feeling pretty good,” Counsell said. “I’m very optimistic.”

With both Cain and Yelich out, and Jesus Aguilar punishing opposing pitchers while playing first base, Eric Thames has become a regular in Milwaukee’s outfield. Since returning from a 40-day stint on the disabled list June 12, Thames has made five starts at first and 10 in the outfield. He’s appeared in 18 games overall since returning, batting .226 with four home runs and 11 RBIs during that stretch but has been red-hot over the last week with three home runs over his last six games.

“I’m just trying to have quality at-bats and trying not to hit 30 home runs in the first week to try and catch back up with everybody else,” said Thames, who’s third on the team with 12 home runs this season. “I’m just trying to have good at-bats Adidas Steven Stamkos Jersey , get on base, take my walks, trying not to swing at everything that comes over the plate like I did in Cincinnati. I’m just trying to take a quality at-bat and help the team win.”

Thames’ two-run homer was the difference in Milwaukee’s victory Tuesday and gave the Brewers at least one home run in each of their last nine games.

Jose Berrios will try to stop that streak Wednesday as he leads the Twins in their efforts to avoid a sweep. The right-hander served up two home runs his last time out as he was dinged for six runs on six hits and four walks over just 4 1/3 innings by the Cubs at Wrigley Field.

“I don’t know if it’s the hottest game I’ve thrown, but coming from 80 degrees to almost 100, I felt it out there,” Berrios said through an interpreter. “I wanted to keep competing for my team. … I kind of felt like I lost stamina out there because it was so hot. It just was what it was.

“I tried to execute my pitches. I struck out (two). I kept trying to battle. It wasn’t my day today.”

It was Berrios’ worst outing of the season and snapped what had been an impressive stretch for the young right-hander. He’d gone 5-1 with a 2.05 ERA in his eight previous starts, striking out 69 with just 11 walks in 57 innings of work.

“Jose was just a little off,” manager Paul Molitor said. “Command of fastball, a couple breaking balls that he got hurt on. … Glanced up there now and then. (His velocity) was maybe down a mile or two from what you would expect.”

Wednesday will mark his first career appearance against the Brewers, who counter with right-hander Chase Anderson.

Anderson allowed just a run over six innings in his last outing, Friday at Cincinnati Adidas Mitchell Marner Jersey , and is 3-3 with a 4.40 ERA in eight starts since returning from the disabled list on May 20.

He’s faced Minnesota just once in his career and took the loss after allowing five runs (four earned) on 11 hits over five innings back on April 18, 2016.

SAN DIEGO — Rookie left-hander Joey Lucchesi will be activated from the San Diego Padres‘ 10-day disabled list Wednesday morning to face the Oakland A’s in the finale of an abbreviated, two-game homestand at Petco Park.

Lucchesi (3-2, 3.23 ERA) will oppose A’s right-hander Frankie Montas (3-1, 2.67) as the Padres seek to snap a four-game losing streak during a run of in which they play 17 of 19 games on the road.

The 25-year-old Lucchesi has been on the disabled list since May 14 when he suffered a strained glute muscle while making his ninth major league start. He made one rehab start with Advanced Class-A Lake Elsinore last Thursday and hit a batter with six strikeouts over four hitless, shutout innings.

“Obviously, he’s going to be monitored a little bit,” Padres manager Andy Green said of Lucchesi. “We’re strong enough in the bullpen to cover whatever we need to cover. I can see him going five innings and, in an ideal world, going six. There’s no anticipation of more. Five or six is what you’re expecting from a No. 4 or 5 starter anyways, so that’s plenty enough to give us some length. We’re not going into this with the expectation of his glute flaring up. We expect him to be healthy. He felt good in his rehab outing. He bounced off the mound and made a play.”

The Padres were looking to the two games against the A’s as a brief respite from a streak during which they play only five home games in a span of 32 days.

“I’ve never seen a schedule like this Adidas Auston Matthews Jersey ,” said Green.

But the A’s ruined the Padres’ hopes of a two-game sweep Tuesday night with a game-tying, two-out homer in the ninth by Stephen Piscotty and a game-winning, two-run homer in the 10th by Jed Lowrie. After that 4-2 A’s victory it will be up to Montas to complete the sweep.

Montas was recalled from Triple-A Nashville May 27 for his first stint with the A’s this year and is scheduled to make his fifth start Wednesday afternoon. Montas won each of his first three starts and allowed two runs or fewer while tossing six or more innings in each of those starts while posting a 1.25 ERA.

He lost his most recent start against Houston in Oakland last Thursday, however, allowing seven runs (five earned) on 11 hits and four walks with a strikeout over 5 1/3 innings. Before joining the A’s, Montas went 1-5 with a 4.39 ERA in nine starts with Nashville, including a 1-2 mark with a 3.24 ERA in four starts in May.

Montas has never faced the Padres. Lucchesi will also be facing the A’s for the first time.

In his last two starts, including the one when he injured his glute muscle, Lucchesi gave up four runs on 12 hits and two walks with eight strikeouts in 10 innings. Lucchesi had given up seven homers in 25 2/3 innings in his five starts prior to going on the disabled list.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz