Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zxlbxj1 Offline

10.07.2018 05:38
since soundly beating Arreola Antworten

BROOKLYN, Mich. - The numbers keep climbing — and this time the rise was anything but gradual. Jeff Gordon set the track qualifying record at Michigan International Speedway on Friday with a speed of 206.558 mph, winning his 76th career pole in NASCARs Sprint Cup series. Gordon broke the previous mark of 204.557 by a remarkable margin — and that record was set just two months ago by Kevin Harvick. Speeds at MIS have been climbing ever since the two-mile oval was repaved before the 2012 season. When Marcos Ambrose reached 203.241 that year, it was the first time anyone won a pole at over 200 mph since Bill Elliott did it in 1987, before horsepower-sapping restrictor plates were introduced at Talladega and Daytona. Joey Logano broke Ambroses record last August, only for Harvick and Gordon to keep pushing it higher. "I dont know where to start," Gordon said. "You can point at the repaving of the racetrack. This track is smooth — has a tremendous amount of surface area where the tire can get a lot of grip to it. The next thing is the cars." Gordons run Friday was the seventh-fastest pole-winning speed in the history of NASCARs top series. NASCAR overhauled its qualifying process before this season, switching to a knockout format similar to Formula One and IndyCar. NASCAR now uses three rounds of qualifying at tracks 1 1/4 miles in length or larger. The entire field has 25 minutes to post their fastest single lap and the top 24 advance to the second round. The second segment lasts 10 minutes, and the fastest 12 advance to a final, 5-minute round. There have been 17 qualifying records set this season, so this is not simply an MIS phenomenon. "It has nothing to do with the racetrack picking up speed," said Logano, who qualified second behind Gordon. "It has (to do with) what weve been doing to the race cars to go faster. ... I believe its cooler out, too. So I think between those two things, thats why we went faster again, but the racetrack itself isnt picking up speed. The racetrack, if anything, is maintaining to getting slower. But its widening out, so its becoming a better race." It was Gordons second pole of the season. He also qualified first last week at Watkins Glen but finished 34th, giving up the series points lead to Dale Earnhardt Jr. Not everyone took advantage of the favourable conditions at MIS. Earnhardt and Johnson failed to advance out of the first round of qualifying. Earnhardt was 25th and Johnson 30th. Johnson, who won at Michigan in June, has finished out of the top 10 in the last five races — and 28th or lower in four of them. "Weve just had a vibration with our car, really a shake, a violent shake through the corner," Johnson said. "Weve been trying to get to the bottom of it. We made it better, and it certainly went faster, but just not enough. Well go back to the drawing board." Carl Edwards qualified third, followed by Brian Vickers and Brad Keselowski. "Its fast — thats the simplest way to describe it," Edwards said. "I wish you guys could ride in that car with me there. That is screaming." Joc Pederson Jersey . - Jesse Shynkaruk scored a hat trick as the Moose Jaw Warriors snapped a seven-game losing streak with an 8-2 win over the Prince Albert Raiders in Western Hockey League action on Saturday. Babe Herman Jersey . -- With Tony Allen back, the Memphis Grizzlies were able to turn up their defence pressure and hold off the Los Angeles Clippers down the stretch. http://www.ladodgersprostore.us/. -- Chicago manager Darold Butler has a message for the Windy City. Kirk Gibson Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Yasiel Puig Jersey . PAUL, Minn – The clock lingered for what seemed like an interminable two minutes and 51 seconds before Mark Fraser finally escaped to the bench during a wildly one-sided first period of an eventual loss to Boston.LOS ANGELES -- Chris Arreola once wanted to win football championships at Southern California. Now that hes heading to the USC campus with a shot at a heavyweight title instead, hes determined not to waste it. Arreola (36-3, 31 KOs) has never been a boxer who seemed to worry much about missed opportunities, but the hard-hitting brawler from Riverside, Calif., realizes whats at stake when he faces Bermane Stiverne on May 10 at the Galen Center in downtown Los Angeles. "This is everything I always wanted to have, so I cant let it get away," Arreola said. The winner gets the vacant WBC heavyweight title, replacing the retired Vitali Klitschko. Nearly five years after Klitschko beat him just down Figueroa Street at Staples Center, Arreola has another chance to become the first Mexican-American heavyweight champion. Those stakes are enough to get the attention of Arreola, whose wavering professionalism and weight problems have defined him nearly as much as his punishing punches. Stiverne (23-1-1, 20 KOs) beat Arreola a year ago in a clear decision, announcing his own arrival as a contender by breaking Arreolas nose in the third round. Arreola acknowledged giving a poor effort in training for the bout at home in Riverside. "Ive been ready for this fight since I got out of the ring with (Stiverne) last year," Arreola said. "Ive got to stay in the gym. Ive got to stay committed to the sport I love so much." To that end, Arreolas trainer, Henry Ramirez, has moved their camp to San Diego, hoping its far enough away from Arreolas familiar haunts and questionable influences in Riverside.dddddddddddd Ramirez moved Arreola to Phoenix to prepare for his fight against Seth Mitchell last September, and a fit, focused Arreola responded by stopping Mitchell in the first round. Arreola is aware of the biggest obstacle in his boxing career, and it isnt his opponent. "Im my own worst enemy," he said. "Im my danger. When Im at home, its 15 miles to my gym, and Ill find something. Ill get a flat (tire) on accident. In San Diego, theres only one set of car keys. If I want to do something, Ive got to run or walk, and you know how much I like to do that." Stiverne, a Haitian-born heavyweight living in Florida, is a relatively late arrival to title contention, although that didnt stop his promoter, Don King, from referring to the 35-year-old fighter as "a young Tyson." Stiverne hasnt lost since July 2007, but hasnt fought since soundly beating Arreola. Stiverne hoped for a shot at Klitschko late last year, but Klitschko had an injured right hand. Arreolas rematch with Stiverne is the second of three high-profile boxing shows in the Los Angeles area in a four-week span this spring. Lucas Matthysse, Keith Thurman and Omar Figueroa Jr. all will appear on an outdoor card in Carson on April 26, while Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17 in the sports return to the refurbished Forum in Inglewood. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Gear China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz