Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zxlbxj1 Offline

12.07.2018 04:52
Cashman said the right-hander might Antworten

LONDON, Ont. -- The Val-dOr Foreurs made it to the Memorial Cup semifinal thanks to their workhorse goaltender and their ability to hang around like a bad cold. The Foreurs were outshot 50-33 by the Edmonton Oil Kings and trailed twice in regulation, yet pulled out a 4-3 win in double overtime Tuesday. Centre Anthony Richard ended the marathon at Budweiser Gardens by scoring on a breakaway at 1:15 in the second overtime. It was the second time in this tournament the opposition put 50 shots on goaltender Antoine Bibeau and Val-dOr emerged with a one-goal victory. The Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champions concluded their preliminary round 2-1. Theyll play in Fridays semifinal with the victor advancing to Sundays championship game against the Ontario Hockey League champions the Guelph Storm. The host London Knights and Storm conclude the preliminary round Wednesday in a clash of OHL rivals. Guelph is already in Sundays final at 2-0. The winless Knights need a victory to avoid elimination and force a tiebreaker game against the Oil Kings at 1-2. Val-dOr went the full seven games to win both their semifinal and final series in the QMJHL playoffs. The Foreurs had just three days between winning Game 7 in Baie-Comeau, Que., and beating the host Knights 1-0 to open the MasterCard Memorial Cup. For those reasons, Richard was elated with his double overtime winner. "Its huge for us because we played two series in seven games in the Q and we need some rest," said the 17-year-old from Trois-Rivieres, Que. "That two days off is huge for us." Depending on the outcome of Wednesdays game, the Oil Kings will have a rematch with the Foreurs on Friday or take on the Knights in a tiebreaker Thursday. "I thought we deserved a better fate," Oil Kings head coach Derek Laxdal said. "We have to respond and be more resilient." The Oil Kings lost in a tiebreaker to the host and eventual champion Shawinigan Cataractes at the 2012 Memorial Cup. After falling 6-3 to Guelph the previous night, most of the Foreurs shaved off their playoff beards, but for no particular reason they said. Pierre-Maxime Poudrier scored on a short-handed breakaway in the second period for the fresh-faced Foreurs. Captain Samuel Henley tied the game in the third period to force overtime and Shawn Ouellette-St-Amant also contributed a goal. But Val-dOr was able to stay on Edmontons heels because of Bibeau. The Toronto Maple Leafs prospect stopped 47 shots, including a penalty shot by Edgars Kulda in the first period. Bibeau posted a 51-save shutout in Val-dOrs first game of the tournament against London. He also denied Knights forward Bo Horvat on a third-period penalty shot in that game. "Antoine is just awesome," Henley said. "He keeps us in the game every time. He keeps everyone calm in the room. Hes such a good goalie, a good teammate and a good player. We probably wouldnt have won the game without him." Curtis Lazar had a goal and an assist for the Oil Kings, who led 2-0 after the opening period. Reid Petryk also scored for the Western Hockey League champions and Henrik Samuelsson temporarily restored Edmontons lead early in the third. "When you get the chances to put away a team like Val-dOr, you have to take it," Lazar said. "We were unable to do that and got into a little bit of a marathon." It was the sixth game in Memorial Cup history to go to double overtime, but it wasnt nearly the longest. London happens to be the site of the longest game in Memorial Cup history. The Ottawa 67s downed the Kelowna Rockets 3-2 after 95 minutes 41 seconds in 2005. Oil Kings goaltender Tristan Jarry made 29 saves in defeat in front of 8,745 fans, but the seats thinned out considerably by the start of the second overtime. The years Memorial Cup is 0-for-3 in penalty shots as Jarry denied Londons Ryan Rupert on Sunday. Foreurs defenceman Guillaume Gelinas did not play Tuesday. Assistant coach Mark Pietroniro said earlier in the day Gelinas suffered a "knee contusion" in Mondays collision with Guelphs Chadd Bauman. Val-dOrs top defenceman joined his teammates for warmup, but spent most of it standing beside the boards looking sore. Gelinas left the ice before his teammates did. The Canadian Hockey League fined the host Knights $1,000 for criticizing the officials following Sundays 5-2 loss to the Oil Kings. Charles Oakley Jersey . But its also a smart game. Theres more to the Kings than banging bodies. They take a toll mentally on their opponents. Tracy McGrady Jersey . Pearce had a career-high four hits and drove in two runs, and Wei-Yin Chen shut down Texas again as the Orioles completed a four-game sweep of the Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Thursday night. http://www.nbaknicksauthority.com/mark-j...ks-jersey-c-15/. Blackhawks RW Patrick Kane came up big when it counted, tallying two goals and an assist. He scored the game-winner with 4:45 remaining in the third period, stopping on the right hashmarks, carrying the puck up through the top of the Kings zone, then firing a wrist shot from the top of the circles past Jonathan Quick, who had his view obstructed by Andrew Shaw. Joakim Noah Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. New York Knicks Jerseys . Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship.TAMPA, Fla. -- Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18. The deal announced Sunday includes a team option for for 2019 that if exercised would make the new money $62.5 million over five seasons. "It shows the level of confidence, belief and trust, and the type of player and person he is," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Were excited to know that hes going to be a part of this team going forward. Were a better team with Gardy on it, thats the bottom line. This is a good day for him, and we believe it makes the future for us better." Gardner agreed last month to a $5.6 million, one-year contract and would have been eligible for free agency after the 2014 season. The new deal adds a $2 million signing bonus payable next January and salaries of $12 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $12 million in 2017 and $11 million in 2018. The Yankees have a $12.5 million option for 2019 with a $2 million buyout. Gardner would receive an additional $1 million payment if hes traded, a provision he can earn only once. "Free agency is something that, it kind of intrigued me, but it also kind of scared me," Gardner said. "Ive never been anywhere else. I love it here. I love putting on the pinstripes everyday." Cashman said talks about the contract started at the winter meetings in December. The Yankees are moving Gardner to left field this year after signing free agent centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to a $153 million, seven-year contract in December. Gardner did have questions in his mind about his Yankees future after the Ellsbury acquisition. "When they signed Jaacoby, your name gets thrown out in the trade rumours and all that," Gardner said.dddddddddddd "Its kind of annoying, really. I didnt want to get traded. I dont want to go anywhere else, and I let them know that." The 30-year-old Gardner hit .273 last year with eight home runs, 52 RBIs and 24 stolen bases. "I like what he brings," Cashman said. "The speed dynamic, the defence, and I think the offence is there as well." Also, the Yankees agreed to a minor league contract with injured closer Andrew Bailey, who was with Boston last year and is coming back from right shoulder surgery last July. Cashman said the right-hander might be able to join the team in August or September. "When he is healthy, hes an exceptional reliever," Cashman said. "Hes coming off of a shoulder surgery, so were taking a flier. A low risk. If we can get a reward out of it, great. If not, its one of those nothing ventured, nothing gained." NOTES: Yankees manager Joe Girardi attended a meeting with MLB officials Joe Torre and Tony La Russa Saturday on topics including instant replay. Girardi said the Yankees first instant replay test game will be March 6 against Philadelphia in Clearwater. "It opens up us to more to have to answer for, but I think it gives our game the opportunity to have more things decided on the field, which I think is a good thing," Girardi said. The Yankees plan to work on replay situations throughout spring training even if its not a test game. "Well probably practice with walkie talkies," Girardi said. ... New York OF Alfonso Soriano missed his fourth day due to the flu, but could do a light workout Monday. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz