Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.02.2019 08:06
Canadas most successful MMA promotion, The Maximum Fighting Championship returns this Friday night for MFC 38: Behind Enemy Line Antworten

Canadas most successful MMA promotion, The Maximum Fighting Championship returns this Friday night for MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta. Bradley Chubb Jersey . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. "Im the forefather of MMA in this country and its going to continue to be that way -- When Im dead one day and they make (me) a statue. (Critics will) feel terrible about how they spoke about me. Thats whats going to happen." Pavelich told TSN.ca Founded in 2001, the MFC is the longest running MMA promotion in North America next to the UFC and has outlasted other organizations such as the IFL, Elite XC, DREAM, Affliction and most recently Strikeforce who have all ceased operations. "Im not a promoter; Im a fight pioneer thats what people dont understand. Fight promoters are guys that come around and do it once in a while Im a guy thats been in (the fight business) right from the beginning." While MMA has been thriving in Western Canada for years thanks to the success of the MFC, the province of Ontario hasnt been as responsive, only legalizing MMA back in 2010. Despite the UFC holding successful annual events in Toronto the last few years, local MMA promotions are essentially non-existent in Ontario. Even the MFC has only held one event in Ontario (MFC 29: Conquer, in Windsor, Ontario) and that was back in 2011. Whats keeping local MMA out of Ontario? According to Pavelich it is the governing bodies in charge and not Ontario Athletic Commissioner Ken Hayashi. "Its not (Hayashi), its the provincial government that makes these regulations and fees. Thats the thing they have to fix and alter before (the MFC) returns because these fees are astronomical, theyre the highest in the world. Las Vegas is cheaper (to run an event), Albertas cheaper, and Quebec is cheaper." Pavelich believes MMA cant grow properly in Ontario if the UFC is the only promotion running events. "Thats just something (the governing bodies) have to take a look at. If they really want to see MMA develop properly in Ontario, I think (the MFC) is the only brand of MMA that can actually do it. I mean if you want to wait around for the UFC to come once a year and you think thats going to develop MMA, its not going to happen that way." One of the catalysts for the MFCs success has been their out of the box type thinking, including their recent "Punch The Vote" contest where fans had the opportunity to pick which of the three title fights would serve as the main event for MFC 38. This included Canadian Smealinho Rama vs. Anthony Hamilton (for the heavyweight title), Sam Alvey vs. Jason South (for the 185lb title) and Anthony Birchack vs. Tito Jones (for the 135lb title). "What I loved about the voting -- It really showed were not a local a brand of MMA, were not even a Canadian brand of MMA, and we had people voting from all over the world. That proves thats lots of people are paying attention and thats really exciting." Proof of this was the Calgary native Rama who received the least amount of votes and bantamweights Birchack and Jones (both of whom are American) earning the main event slot. Rounding out MFC 38s main card, aside from the three title fights is a lightweight affair between Canadian Kurt Southern and Jason Novaes. Pavelich believes this rematch from MFC 36 will be nothing short of fireworks. "Kurt Southern is the best 155er in Canada. I think Novaes is a special individual as well. Theyre going to go at it again for the second time and Im super excited about that. But like I said its unfortunate because there are three titles and nobody is talking about (this) fight." On the topic of fighters on the MFC roster, many fans have been wondering why welterweight superstar Dhiego Lima hasnt been competing inside the MFC ring this year. The answer is simple, hes a free-agent. "Problem with Dhiego is we have too many American Top Team guys in our organization. He was crossing (fights) with them -- a few times he was going to have title fights with other American Top Team guys and then it got really weird. They wouldnt fight each other." "We released him and let him go to where he wants to go, because (not fighting teammates) is going to be a problem." This is the second time Pavelich has let a Lima brother leave his organization as a free-agent. Dhiegos older brother Douglas left in the Alberta based promotion back in 2011 and has recently found success in in the Bellator Fighting Championships, winning two welterweight tournaments. "Im happy for (Douglas) although I dont think hes fighting for the right organization, sometimes agents make the mistake. I dont blame him whatsoever." "Go check Limas twitter today, you know what it still says "MFC Champ" at the top of it. That tells you whats in his heart. He told us at our home one time that made a mistake going to (Bellator). He could have walked into the UFC, and not just walked in, he could have walked in like a star" "I dont think he gets the publicity like he did when he was with the Maximum Fighting Championship any more. (Bellator) fails to promote that end of stuff" As the sport of MMA continues to grow, the addition of women fighting is always a hot topic. With UFC introducing females into their organization earlier this year and debuting them on the Ultimate Fighter, could we see the same thing in the MFC? "I respect all female fighters. Im a huge Miesha Tate fan, I like Sarah Kaufman. I think theyre great athletes. The problem is I dont think I can get a quality ten girls together to make this a great division." Another budding issue with the MFC is their broadcast rights. Currently their events only broadcast live on AXS TV (formally HDNet) in the States. Canadian cable companies pulled the plug on AXS TV in Canada last year. The only way fans can watch MFC events in Canada is on a two-week tape delay on speciality channel the Fight Network. "Andrew Simon and Mark Cuban are very intelligent at AXS TV and everybody knows that. I know they want to be in Canada. Sometimes being Mark Cuban is difficult because people might charge too much for what (the network) is really worth. The cable networks and the fans have to realize that its your obligation to tell the cable company that you want AXS TV (in Canada)" Despite these hurdles, Pavelich believes the MFC is a unique brand of MMA and fans always get their monies worth seeing their events live. "Come watch our brand of MMA and then you tell me after that you didnt get your $60 worth or your $600 worth its impossible! (Quality fights) is the only thing were good at and weve been good at it for 14-years." "We have real fighters in the MFC. You cant pick who you fight in the Maximum Fighting Championships, you go in these other organizations and you can pick who you fight. We tell you youre going to fight because its our job is to the fans and we want to put on the best fight possible" MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines takes place this Friday (October 4th) at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton Alberta Canada and on AXS TV. Case Keenum Jersey . Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, the Houston Texans No. 1 pick in the draft, was on the field Tuesday for the first time with former NFL Defensive Player of the Year J. Bradley Chubb Broncos Jersey . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/ . The 49ers, 6-2 and riding a five-game winning streak following the bye week, also waived cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and activated cornerback Eric Wright from the reserve/non-football injury list. Manningham made 42 receptions for 449 yards and one touchdown in 12 games and 10 starts last season before injuring his left knee in a loss at Seattle Dec.VANCOUVER - This time, the Toronto Argonauts did not squander a big lead.Ricky Ray threw for two touchdowns as the Argonauts beat the B.C. Lions 40-23 in CFL action Friday night. Toronto made amends for a loss in Calgary last weekend, when they led by a wide margin early only to suffer a late loss.Last (game) we had a big (29-10) lead going into halftime, and we couldnt come away with the victory, said Ray. And tonight was the same thing. It gives us a lot of confidence especially coming off of last weeks loss.Toronto posted only its third win over B.C. in 14 meetings since 2008.We played a lot better as a team, said Ray. We didnt have a lot of costly mistakes out there as well as turnovers and penalties.The Argos (4-8) gained sole possession of first place in the East Division as they snapped a four-game losing streak.It was a great job of coming back from a difficult loss last week, said Argos coach Scott Milanovich. I thought we played well at times in all three phases and, most importantly, protected the football.The Lions (7-5) suffered their first loss in three outings as their home record dropped to 3-4.Rookie LaVon Brazill, Steve Slaton, Curtis Steele and Chad Owens a€” who returned after missing two games with a leg injury a€” scored Torontos touchdowns as the Argos led from start to finish. Torontos remaining points came via kicker Swayze Waters and a safety conceded by B.C.Waters was successful on three long field-goal attempts. His second, from 53 yards out, was the longest in the CFL this season.I didnt know that. The most important thing is that it went in, said Waters, who also connected from 45 and 50 yards.Ray completed 24 of 33 passes for 284 yards. B.C. quarterback Kevin Glenn had a comparable night as he also threw a pair of touchdowns and racked up 291 passing yards while completing 21 of 36 attempts.Glenns efforts were hampered by an early interception andd untimely penalties from the usually disciplined Lions as they committed 13 infractions for 131 yards. Jared Veldheer Broncos Jersey. e didnt make enough plays a€” no momentum, said Glenn. We got into a groove too late. That pretty much sums up the whole game.The Lions got touchdowns on receptions from Emmanuel Arceneaux and Bryan Burnham, and another score on a one-yard plunge from backup quarterback John Beck. Kicker Paul McCallum accounted for the other B.C. points.The Argos were solid throughout, showing few signs of fatigue after they stayed out west instead of returning home following a tough loss in Calgary last weekend in which they squandered their largest lead in their history.One series after the Lions got on the scoreboard from a McCallum missed field goal attempt, Ray threw a 38-yard touchdown pass to Owens that staked the Argos to an 18-1 lead.Obviously, its nice to have (Owens) back in the lineup, said Ray. He puts so much pressure on the defence.Scoring is great, said Owens, who left the game for a while in the second half. Youre helping your team out. But just being out here, it was exciting.Thanks to Owens touchdown and a late second-quarter Waters field goal, the Argos led 21-9 at half-time. They stretched their lead to 30-9 early in the fourth quarter before the Lions started a rally that was too little, too late.Notes: Former Lions Jamie Taras and Brent Johnson were inducted into the clubs ring of honour and had their jerseys retired. a€| Brazills TD was the first of his CFL career. He was signed by Toronto in August. a€| B.C. defensive back Ryan Phillips played his 173rd consecutive game after his status was in doubt because of a hamstring injury. a€| The Argos have only one road game remaining, at Montreal on Nov. 2. a€| Lions receiver Courtney Taylor will require surgery on the foot he injured last weekend against Winnipeg and could be lost for the season. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz