Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 49 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.02.2019 08:34
Hansen said his job would be Antworten

Like many of Michael Bispings opponents, former Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is unimpressed by the brash Brit. Nike Air Max 95 España .Bisping, hes a piece of work, Rockhold said with an exasperated laugh. The guy likes to run his mouth. I look forward to shutting it.Rockhold (12-2) will get that chance Friday in Sydney, Australia, in the main event of a televised UFC card. A win can propel the American, currently ranked fifth among 185-pound contenders, nearer the front of the championship queue. Bisping (26-6) is ranked ninth.The bad blood between them apparently dates back to an innocent sparring session.Bisping, who was gearing up for a fight at the time, got under Rockholds skin during a subsequent interview when, asked about the training session, said: Lets just say Im the unofficial Strikeforce champion.Rockhold called the remark completely tasteless. Bisping says it was an off-the cuff, humorous remark. Get over it, he said.Rockhold said he was coming off an injury at the time and looking to help Bisping rather than show off his skills, even switching stances as required.Hes a prick everywhere in life, Rockhold said on a recent media conference call. Luke, I dont know you. I dont care for you, Bisping responded. We havent shared a single proper conversation so youre basing your facts or what you presume is facts on absolutely nothing, on fresh air.The two fighters did exchange pleasantries in a coffee shop following Bispings August win over Cung Le in Macau. It was there that Rockhold offered to switch purses if he finished Bisping in the first round and give up his purse if he didnt, no matter who won.Rockhold said he was offering to put $50,000 (his basic purse) or $100,000 (basic purse plus win bonus) on the line.He wouldnt commit to the bet, unfortunately, said Rockhold.Im a betting man. I like to gamble everywhere, everything I do, he added.Bisping explained he made more than Rockhold so the bet wasnt fair. He did offer to buy the American a suit when I kick your ass.Bisping is known for his trash-talking outside the ring. The California-based English veteran can talk up a fight like few others. Combine that with a well-rounded game and a good gas tank and the 35-year-old former DJ and furniture maker has made a good living in the UFC.But the six-foot-two Bisping has lost three of his last six, admittedly against good opposition in Tim Kennedy, Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen.Hes technical, hes good, said Rockhold, who holds a win over Kennedy and lost to Belfort. But I just know that Im a lot better. Im faster, Im more technical and I have the intangibles that he doesnt have.At six foot three, Rockhold is a big middleweight with a deep tool box. The black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu also trains with elite fighters at the American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose.Rockhold has won two straight in the UFC since losing his debut to Belfort by head kick and has won 11 of his last 12.He stopped Costas Philippou in 81 seconds, lashing him with a kick to the body, before submitting Tim (The Barbarian) Boetsch last time out via inverted triangle kimura in two minutes eight seconds. Still, unlike the talkative Bisping, he has flown under the radar somewhat.It doesnt really matter to me. I know who I am and I know what my future holds, said the 30-year-old Rockhold. I dont think I really have the respect that I think I deserve.I see guys like Jacare (Souza) ranked ahead of me (at No. 2), guys I beat. I believe Im the best fighter in the world and Im going to go out there and prove it again and again. This is another opportunity to showcase my skills. He says he wants to finish Bisping off with a bang.I dont believe I really get much out of this fight by squeaking by and getting a win. I need to go out there and make a statement and put fear in the eyes of every middleweight out there.He believes the key is to relax and not force things.I see so many good endings to this fight, he added.In order to have the fight air on prime time in North America, the main event is taking place early afternoon Saturday Australia-time. NOTES: Belforts older brother is a pro surfer ... Canadian welterweight Chris (The Menace) Clements is also on the Sydney card. He takes on Australian Vik (The Spartan) Grujic.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Comprar Air Max 95 Baratas . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et. Air Max 95 Baratas . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.airmax95baratas.es/ . Winning more at home probably should be on the list. The Flames look to avoid a fifth defeat in six home games by winning a sixth straight meeting with the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday night.SEATTLE -- The investment group trying to bring mens professional basketball back to Seattle is remaining focused on the NBA, even if landing a hockey franchise could happen sooner. "No one in our ownership group is interested in being a majority owner in an NHL franchise. Thats been the case since the start," said Chris Hansen, who led the unsuccessful effort last year to purchase the Sacramento Kings and move them to Seattle. "Ive certainly queried our ownership group about this. I think if someone really wanted to it would be easier than bringing in an outside party. "But the most important thing is the passion is just not there for the NHL among our ownership group that is there for basketball. Getting involved in hockey solely because basketball hasnt worked out right now, when its not something your heart is in, would be a disservice to the fans here." Even as rumours continue to circulate about the NHL having interest in Seattle as a market sooner rather than later, Hansen said his job would be to find someone willing to partner with his group and their proposed arena in Seattle. The arena has been approved by both the Seattle City Council and King County Council pending environmental reviews. Hansen said the focus right now is getting those environmental reviews completed -- possibly by the end of the summer -- so that if an NBA franchise becomes available via sale or expansion, Seattle can be at the front of the line ready to go. He has no interest in re-writing the memorandum of understanding reached between all parties so that an NHL franchise could possibly be a primary tenant in a new arena. Air Max 95 Outlet España. Hansen has kept a relatively low profile since last spring, when his groups attempts to buy the Kings from the Maloof family and move the team were blocked by the NBA Board of Governors. NBA owners rejected Hansens record $625 million bid and eventually approved the sale to a group of investors led by technology executive Vivek Ranadive for $535 million with plans to keep the franchise in Sacramento. Hansen said there are far fewer conversations with the NBA now than there were at this time a year ago, though he remains confident the NBA will eventually return to Seattle. His investment group has not changed, including former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, and neither has his original timeline of trying to land a team within five years of when the process began. "By the end of that, the NBA will have its new TV contract. Theyll have a few years of the revenue sharing and collective bargaining agreements being in place to understand the profitability of some of the teams that might have been a concern and there are a few franchises that are up for sale and that will probably have been worked out one way or another," Hansen said. "I think theyll be in a better position at some time within the next three years on expansion or possibly something else will come our way." ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz