Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

05.03.2019 07:16
Dan Henderson is on the hunt after a stunning knockout of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and his next target is middleweight title conten Antworten

Dan Henderson is on the hunt after a stunning knockout of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and his next target is middleweight title contender Lyoto Machida. Cheap Nike Shoes China . Just two days after his third-round finish of Rua at UFC Fight Night 38 in Natal, Brazil, Henderson (30-11) tweeted at UFC president Dana White requesting a chance to replace injured middleweight champion Chris Weidman and face "The Dragon" at UFC 173 on May 24 in Las Vegas. "Hey @danawhite, let me have @lyotomachidafw, just like you let him have @jonnybones when I got hurt @ufc," Henderson wrote Tuesday. The main event at UFC 173 has been postponed due to a minor knee injury to Weidman. His injury will require surgery and the title fight against Machida (21-4) has been moved to UFC 175 on July 5. Hendersons tweet refers to a strange turn of events in the light heavyweight division back in 2012. Henderson was slated to fight current light heavyweight champion Jon Jones at UFC 151 on Sept. 1 before he suffered a partial rupture of his MCL and was forced to pull out. Jones declined to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice and the event was subsequently cancelled, the first cancellation in UFC history. The title fight was pushed to UFC 152 on Sept. 22 and Machida was offered the vacant shot at the champ. He declined the bout in Toronto, where he had already lost to Jones in 2011. Henderson, who has won just two of his last five fights with one win coming against Rua, has fought for the light heavyweight and middleweight titles once before in the UFC, losing both times. He also lost to Machida once before in a split decision at UFC 157 on February 23, 2013 It appears as though the 43-year-old is looking for another championship shot at 185 pounds before he hangs up his gloves. Wholesale Air Max . Or how his team has defended Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. Or just about anything that has happened on the court in the first-round playoff series. Instead, Rivers and his players spent Saturday talking about how they would respond to an audio recording of a man identified as Clippers owner Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend not to bring black people to games. Cheap Air Max . Numbers Game looks at the As getting Jon Lester from Boston, sending Yoenis Cespedes to the Red Sox along with a deal involving the As and the Minnesota Twins. The Athletics Get: LHP Jon Lester, LF Jonny Gomes, OF Sam Fuld and cash. http://www.chinaairmaxcheap.com/ . Warren made six birdies and a bogey for a 5-under total of 139 to sit one shot ahead of Felipe Aguilar of Chile, who carded a 69. David Horsey of England was also on 5 under through 15 holes to join Warren atop the leaderboard before play was stopped.PHOENIX - One is looking to finally carve out a niche in the majors; one is hoping to reestablish himself at the big league level. Kyle Drabek and Ricky Romero are back with the Blue Jays and as the club plays out the string of September games, the two have much to prove but no guarantees of the opportunities theyll get. “Theyll pitch,” said manager John Gibbons. “Were not sure exactly what role theyre going to be in. Ricky just threw Sunday so hes off a few more days anyway. Drabek threw, I think it was Friday, so he wouldnt be available to throw until tomorrow anyway. Weve got plenty of arms down there now.” The Jays have committed to keeping Mark Buehrle, R.A. Dickey and J.A. Happ on a regular schedule and with three off days between now and the remainder of the season, opportunities to start will be few. Dont forget, too, that Todd Redmond and Esmil Rogers continue to make their respective cases for regular turns. On merit, Redmond has earned the right to remain in the rotation for the rest of the season. Romeros recall comes after a second consecutive down season, this one with Triple-A Buffalo. He posted a 5.78 ERA over 22 starts and averaged five walks per nine innings. His only two appearances with the Blue Jays were in May, both were losses and neither was pretty. “Just go out there and compete and do what I know how to do,” said Romero of his recall. “Thats go out there and get outs and just end on a good note. I think thats the biggest thing, just getting another opportunity and just take advantage of it.” Romero leaned on Bisons pitching coach Bob Stanley for advice throughout the season. Stanley, remember, was on the mound for the infamous Bill Buckner error in the 1986 World Series. He knows a thing or two about facing adversity. “I think, I mean a lot of the things that Ive overcome is just the mental part of the game,” said Romero. “Early on I think that was kind of kicking my butt. Little by little I overcame it. It was tough to see those little victories along the way.” Drabek has recovered from a second Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. ; Perhaps Drabeks most impressive statistic, in 14 minor league appearances at three levels, is his six walks in 43 innings of work.dddddddddddd “For me, personally, I think its just mechanic wise, adding a little bit of turn that I had in high school and what the Jays wanted me to do,” said Drabek of his improved control. “I think it just has, its more comfortable for me on the mound with each pitch.” Like Romero, Drabek has battled emotional demons. There were times in 2011 and 2012, prior to the injury, when Drabek battled to control his pitches and his emotions. He thinks he changed during his injury. “Definitely learned more about myself and the game,” said Drabek. “I think, also, I grew up baseball wise. I started to figure out things that either I was or wasnt doing before surgery and I think its helped.” 40-MAN ROSTER ADJUSTMENTS Of the five players who joined the Blue Jays on Tuesday, only Kyle Drabek was on the 40-man roster. Space had to be made for Ricky Romero, Luis Perez, Jeremy Jeffress and Mike Nickeas. The club had one spot available and so to open another three spots, Melky Cabrera (knee) and Josh Johnson (forearm) were transferred to the 60-day disabled list and the club designated for assignment outfielder Mauro Gomez (.249/.322/.521, 29 HR with Triple-A Buffalo.) SANTOS FIRST MAJOR LEAGUE AT BAT In the eighth inning of Mondays game, Sergio Santos had his first career major league at bat and first professional at bat since 2009. The former shortstop turned pitcher saw two sinking fastballs, which clocked 89 and 90 miles per hour, from Diamondbacks starter Brandon McCarthy. They seemed faster to a guy who hadnt hit in four years. “Like a zillion miles an hour, no doubt about it,” said Santos. “It was pretty much almost surreal. It was a fun feeling, I mean it was good. Im just hoping I can get another one.” He used Mark DeRosas batting helmet and a bat belonging to Melky Cabrera. Santos grounded out to Diamondbacks third baseman Eric Chavez. ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz