Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

13.03.2019 09:16
allow one over his si Antworten

BOSTON - Pitching. Cheap Air Max 95 Mens . Defence. Culture. Those are the three words which continue to be brought up in various conversations with players, both in formal and informal settings, around this American League Championship Series. Jonny Gomes, a member of the 2008 Rays club that emerged from the abyss to gain a spot in that seasons World Series and whos since played on contending teams in Cincinnati and Oakland before landing in Boston, has seen similar acts play out in different cities. “This is my fourth division title and my fourth team,” said Gomes. “Theyre all very similar. We pitch. We play defence. We play together. We situational hit. We create an identity and win and lose with that identity. “Youve got to have some guys on your team that will nip in the bud in April, in June, in July, when things roll, stop it now. Youve got to get out of the valley, get back up versus letting it play, riding it out.” Spending much of the last 48 hours around Fenway Park, in this atmosphere, around two successful organizations with, for the most part, annual expectations of excellence, its become clearer just how far away the 2013 Blue Jays were from being a playoff-calibre ballclub. It wasnt too long ago, prior to the end of the regular season, that veteran Mark DeRosa shared similar thoughts to Gomes. He would know, having come up in the winning Braves organization, followed by success with the Rangers, Cubs, Cardinals, Giants and Nationals. “I always go back to the first two weeks of the season,” DeRosa told TSN.ca from the visitors dugout, fittingly at Fenway Park, on September 20. “We got off so slow; just put ourselves in such a pessimistic-type attitude where we were expecting things to go wrong. Its just been the tale of many weeks for this team. Its had its moments of playing really great baseball and taking it to some of the best teams and best pitchers in the game and then weve had moments where weve rolled out there and done a lot of things fundamentally wrong and made mental errors that have cost us.” General manager Alex Anthopoulos has identified the need for starting pitching, constantly reminding that no team stands a chance to contend when its rotations ERA ranks second-worst in baseball (4.81,) better only than the dreadful Minnesota Twins and worse than the Houston Astros, essentially a Triple-A-calibre baseball team. Hes right. Nobody could have, or would have, predicted the respective demises of Brandon Morrow and Josh Johnson to injury. But those two were pitching in April. So were R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and J.A. Happ and, as DeRosa alluded to, the Jays got off to a terrible start that set the tone for a terrible season. Nobody cried in Boston when Clay Buchholz missed three months with a neck injury before returning in early September. Remember, too, that John Lackeys bicep locked on him in Toronto in early April. At the time of the injury, the way he clenched his arm, onlookers were speculating hed torn his Tommy John-repaired ulnar elbow ligament. The Yankees finished above .500 with a plethora of injuries, seemingly turning to any available former Blue Jay in the process. This statistics-obsessed culture places zero value on cohesion, preferring to individualize each player and position as if he and it work mutually exclusive to all else. Its strange because when you talk to players whove won, in some cases won often, they preach about the importance of accountability and sacrifice for one another. No, there werent deep divisions in the clubhouse, but neither was there cohesion on the field on a consistent basis. Back in April, it was popular to slough off the mounting losses with the tired “Its early” mantra. There were musings about how the standings didnt matter until the seasons final day, when you hoped to be at least one game ahead of the team in second place. True, if not simplistic, but the public lack of concern over the slow start shouldnt be tolerated to the same degree if it repeats in 2014. Some teams dont recover from a bad first two or three weeks. Theres no place for Twitter drama and unnecessary sparring with the media. The pressure of playoff action, witnessed first hand in this ALCS, is no match for the psychologically fragile. The expectation, of course, should be to contend. Nothing less, although its difficult for fans to want to go there in their heads after the season they just witnessed. “They pitch. They play defense. Team chemistry. Situational hit,” repeated Gomes of championship-calibre teams. The strange firing of hitting coach Chad Mottola wont be the only move this winter and its a good thing because, hanging around Fenway Park in October for a couple of days, seeing the anticipation and the expectation and the camaraderie, the Blue Jays have a way to go to get here. Cheap Air Max 95 For Sale . 3 Ohio State. Amedeo Della Valle had 15 points, Marc Loving scored a career-high 13 and the bench provided 38 points as the Buckeyes sprinted past Nebraska 84-53 on Saturday. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. http://www.airmax95cheap.net/ . On Thursday, a judge said Varlamov could be released if he posted $5,000 bond and be allowed to travel with the team but he was ordered to stay away from his girlfriend, among other restrictions.The Detroit Tigers finally got some offense going in their American League Championship Series with the Boston Red Sox. Now, theyll try to seize control of the series when they play a pivotal Game 5 at Comerica Park. After managing just six runs through the first three games, Detroit manager Jim Leyland shook up his lineup on Wednesday and the moves paid off, as the Tigers erupted for five runs in the second inning, knocked Jake Peavy out in the fourth and let Doug Fister and the bullpen do the rest in a 7-3 triumph. Torii Hunter replaced Austin Jackson in the leadoff spot and contributed a two-run double, while Jackson, perhaps motivated by the demotion to the No. 8 spot in the order, went 2-for-2 with two walks, two RBI and a run scored to help the Tigers even the best-of-seven series at two games apiece. Miguel Cabrera, batting second instead of third, also had two hits, knocked in a pair and even stole a base for the reigning AL champs, who saw Fister (1-0) scatter eight hits and a walk over six innings of one-run ball. "I think something had to be done (but)...this has nothing to do with Jim Leyland, this is about the players. They executed, they came out, they played well," Leyland said. One Tigers player who couldnt get it going was Prince Fielder, who was 0- for-4 and failed to drive in a run in 16 straight postseason games dating back to Game 1 of the 2012 ALCS. It is the 16th longest streak of all-time. The first LCS start for Peavy (0-1) was a forgettable one. The former Cy Young Award winner surrendered seven runs on five hits and three walks and was pulled without recording an out in the fourth. "No excuse. Its on me," Peavy said of his rough start. "I can promise you this, well be back tomorrow as a ballclub, as a unit." Bostons bullpen, though, did not allow a run after that, stretching its scoreless streak to 16 2/3 innings. The unit is pitching to a 0.74 ERA this postseason. The Red Sox managed 12 hits -- four from Jacoby Ellsbury -- but they were 2- for-16 with runners in scoring position and left 10 on base. Hits may be harder to come by for the Red Sox on Thursday whenn they go up against right-hander Anibal Sanchez, who didnt allow one over his six scoreless innings of work in Game 1. Authentic Air Max 95. He also struck out 12, but walked six and became the first pitcher to do that in a playoff game since Hall of Famer Walter Johnson did so in 12 innings for the Washington Senators against the New York Giants in Game 1 of the 1924 World Series. Sanchez was also only the second pitcher with at least 12 strikeouts in no more than six innings in a postseason game. "My pitches were moving really good that day," said Sanchez, who led the AL with a 2.57 ERA this season. "I was ahead in some counts, that helped me striking them out. That was the key. That helped me that day." The walks were a bit out of character for Sanchez, as he averaged 2.67 walks per nine innings during the regular season. In fact, over 173 career starts, he has walked five or more batters just 11 times. "Every game is different, the pitches could be moving a lot or something like that," Sanchez said. "But I need to work on throwing strikes. The last time I threw too many away, and I dont want to do that in my next outing." Boston, meanwhile, will hand the ball to lefty Jon Lester, who was outdueled by Sanchez in Game 1. Lester gave up just one run in 6 1/3 innings of that one, but was tagged with the loss. He is now 0-3 lifetime in five ALCS games (3 starts) with a 3.97 ERA. Lester has been one of the best pitchers since the All-Star break, going 7-3 with a 2.68 ERA in his final 14 starts of the season, then allowing three runs over 14 innings (1.93 ERA) against the Rays and Tigers in two postseason starts. "Not to make it too simple, but its been his fastball command," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "And as hes gained that consistency and the confidence with it, I think hes become a more relaxed pitcher on the mound, which enables him to pitch more freely from a physical standpoint. I think thats why were seeing the velocity climb, and its made his pitches more effective." The Tigers were 4-3 against the Red Sox in 2013, winning three of four at Comerica Park in June. ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz