Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.03.2019 07:44
NEW YORK -- Cliff Pennington hit an RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning and the Arizona Diamondbacks, boosted early by G Antworten

NEW YORK -- Cliff Pennington hit an RBI single with two outs in the 15th inning and the Arizona Diamondbacks, boosted early by Gerardo Parras bunt double, finally outlasted the New York Mets 5-4 in a back-and-forth classic Thursday to split an exhausting series at Citi Field. Julius Erving Jersey . Arizona scored in the final three innings but couldnt close out the feisty Mets until Brad Ziegler retired Kirk Nieuwenhuis on an easy grounder with runners at second and third to end a game that lasted 5 hours, 46 minutes. Anthony Recker and Nieuwenhuis hit tying homers in consecutive extra innings for New York, which dropped its final home appearance before hosting the All-Star game July 16. In a span of four days, the teams played a 13-inning game, a 15-inning marathon and two others delayed by rain for a total of 3 1/2 hours. So it was only fitting that the finale went on and on throughout a humid afternoon as kids who lined up beyond the outfield wall in the eighth inning waited patiently to run the bases after the final out. Cody Ross drew a bases-loaded walk from New York reliever David Aardsma in the 13th, but the Diamondbacks squandered a great chance to add on. And of course, with two outs in the bottom half, Recker homered off ex-Met Heath Bell to tie it again. Arizona pushed across another run in the 14th on Martin Prados third hit, a bloop RBI single with two outs off Brandon Lyon. Moments later, Nieuwenhuis sent a one-out liner barely over the left-centre fence off Chaz Roe (1-0), who made his major league debut in the series opener Monday. Recker, who caught the entire game, and Nieuwenhuis were both batting .167 when they connected. Scott Rice (3-5) retired his first two batters in the 15th before Parra singled, Wil Nieves singled for his fourth hit and Pennington lined a single to left to make it 5-4. Ziegler walked two in the bottom half but hung on for his first save since 2011 with Oakland. And at last, it was over. The Mets are no stranger to long games -- especially on July 4. They lost a 20-inning marathon at home to Miami last month, won a 20-inning game in St. Louis three years ago and came out on top in an Independence Day thriller at Atlanta in 1985. That rain-delayed 16-13 victory is remembered best for Braves pitcher Rick Camps tying homer with two outs in the 18th and later the postgame fireworks that went off -- around 4 a.m. By pulling out this test of endurance, the NL West-leading Diamondbacks finished 3-7 on a long road trip against three NL East teams. Wearing alternate caps on the Fourth of July, the teams were back at it in 87-degree heat and humidity less than 13 hours after their rain-delayed game ended Wednesday night. Arizona put the leadoff batter on six times in the first eight innings but managed only Nieves two-run single in the fifth. Mets starter Dillon Gee and counterpart Ian Kennedy, who matched a season high with eight strikeouts, kept the sluggish offences in check for seven innings each. Kennedy, making his seventh consecutive start on the road, won his previous four outings against New York. He is winless in five starts overall since beating the Cubs on June 1 at Wrigley Field. This was his second time out since serving a 10-game suspension for his role in the June 11 brawl at Dodger Stadium. Gee, who entered with a .126 career batting average, lashed a two-out RBI single that tied it 2-all in the fifth. Omar Quintanilla scored after a one-out double. Ross drew a leadoff walk from Gee in the fifth and Parra dragged a hard bunt through the right side. With second baseman Daniel Murphy cheating toward the middle and first baseman Josh Satin breaking back to the bag, the ball rolled into shallow right field before Murphy could retrieve it. Ross scampered to third and Parra slid into second easily with a double. Nieves smacked the next pitch past shortstop for a two-run single. David Wright doubled in the Mets fourth and advanced on Kennedys wild pitch before scoring on an RBI groundout by Marlon Byrd. NOTES: Arizona will recall top prospect Tyler Skaggs from Triple-A Reno to start Friday night against Colorado in place of injured RHP Trevor Cahill (bruised right hip). The 21-year-old lefty went 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA in three starts for the Diamondbacks earlier this season. He was optioned to Reno on June 10. "He went back down there and got some more starts. Hell have a better understanding of what hes up against," manager Kirk Gibson said. ... Parra returned to the lineup in RF after sitting out two games. He was shaken up trying to make a diving catch on the warning track Monday, leaving him with scrapes and bruises on his face and arm. ... RHP Zack Wheeler (1-1, 5.06 ERA) makes his fourth major league start when the Mets open a nine-game road trip Friday night in Milwaukee. ... Mets pinch-hitter John Buck was ejected in the 12th by first base umpire Mike Everitt for protesting a checked-swing third strike. Maurice Cheeks Jersey . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. Darryl Dawkins Jersey .com) - Devon Johnson ran for a school record 272 yards with four touchdowns and No. http://www.cheap76ersjerseys.com/ . The 23-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., defeated Germanys Benjamin Becker 6-3, 6-4 on Tuesday in the fourth round of the Sony Open in just 89 minutes.MOSCOW -- Damian Warner was in the mix for a decathlon medal after the first day of competition at the world track and field championships, but he thought he could do better. It turns out he was right. Warner put up a personal best score of 8,512 points Sunday to finish third in the decathlon and give Canada its first medal of the championships. Warner was in fourth place after the first day of competition, and mounted a charge to the podium Sunday with personal bests in the pole vault and javelin. "I said yesterday I wasnt happy with my first day, said I was going to come out swinging today and thats what I did," Warner said. "I stuck with it, I was motivated to get on the podium and I just let that carry me through the events." Warner moved into medal position in the javelin throw, the ninth event of the decathlon. His throw of 64.67 metres gave him 808 points and moved him ahead of Germanys Rico Freimuth. He clinched the bronze with a 10th-place finish in the 1,500 metres, giving him a total of 8,512 points over the two-day, 10-discipline event. Its the first major medal for the native of London, Ont., who placed fifth in the event at the 2012 London Olympics. Canadas last world championship decathlon medal was by bronze by Michael Smith in 1995. World-record holder Ashton Eaton of the United States won gold with 8,809 points, while Germanys Michael Schrader was second with 8,670. Later in the 1,500 metres, Winnipegs Nicole Sifuentes and Torontos Kate Van Buskirk advanced to the semifinals of the womens 1,500 metres. And Vancouvers Inaki Gomez placing eight in the mens 20-kilometre race walk. Warner opened the second day of the decathlon with a time of 13.96 seconds in the 110-metre hurdles to score 980 points. In the discus he recorded a seasonal best of 44.13 metres to score 749 points, then leaped to a personal best of 4.80 metres in the pole vault for 849 points. He than made the move into medal territory witth his javelin throw and held third place through the 1,500. Cheap NBA Jerseys. "This is such a great feeling, all the hard work my coaches and I put into this the last couple of years," he said. "In 2011 I finished 18th, saw the three medallists running around the track with their countrys flags draped over their shoulders, I told my coaches that I want that to be me, pretty special feeling to achieve that." "I hope this motivates the rest of the team," he added In the womens 1,500 metres, Sifuentes finished sixth in her preliminary heat in four minutes, 8.54 seconds to qualify automatically for the semifinals. Van Buskirk finished seventh in her heat in 4:08.65, and her time was good enough to go through as one of the six fastest outside the automatic qualifiers. "All I wanted was to advance, that was my plan," Sifuentes said. "I was a bit out there the whole race, but at least I didnt get boxed in. I knew even if I wasnt top six (to auto-qualify) I would get in on time." Torontos Sheila Reid was seventh in her heat and failed to move on. Gomez finished the race walk with a seasonal-best time of 1:22:21. "It was tough, it was hot out there," Gomez said. "The pace picked up around 12 kilometres. I tried to stay with the Spanish racer who ended up winning bronze. At 16 kilometres I noticed I had two cards on the board, so I had to be careful from that point. Had to make sure my technique was flawless. I wanted to finish top eight, I accomplished that." Benjamin Thorne of Kitimat, B.C., was 20th. Toronto sprinters Gavin Smellie and Aaron Brown ran in the semifinals of the mens 100 metres but failed to qualify. Brown finished fifth in the semi won by eventual champion Usain Bolt. "I got out pretty well, obviously Usains acceleration is crazy," Brown said. "I was running next to him out there. No complaints here, happy with how I performed." ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz