Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
liny195 Offline

23.03.2019 02:22
WASHINGTON (AP) — Gio Gonzalez ended a personal Antworten

drought that spanned more than two months — and helped give the Washington Nationals a four-game split with another National League East contender.Gonzalez pitched seven strong innings for his first victory since May 28 http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-boog-powell-jersey , leading the Nationals to a 6-3 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Thursday.“I think I was just happy that I got to high-five my teammates for the first time in a while,” Gonzalez said. “For me it was not the pressure, it was just the going out there and doing what I can do to go out there and try and pitch the best I can. Today it finally showed. It finally stepped to the right direction that I wanted.”The Nationals moved within 5 1/2 games of idle NL East leader Philadelphia. The Braves fell a game behind the Phillies.Gonzalez (7-8) snapped a seven-game losing streak and had gone 11 consecutive starts without a victory. He allowed six hits and one walk while striking out three. Nick Markakis‘ solo homer to lead off the second was the lone run he allowed.Atlanta starter Anibal Sanchez pitched two scoreless innings but left after getting hit in the left calf by a grounder from Michael Taylor. Manager Brian Snitker said he was hopeful Sanchez would make his next start.“It looked like Anibal was going to have one of his games starting out,” Snitker said. “He was sharp as can be. We just had a hard time getting ahold of Gio. That was the biggest thing. We couldn’t do anything with him.”Sanchez was replaced by Wes Parsons (0-1), who yielded a bases-loaded walk to Juan Soto and a sacrifice fly by Anthony Rendon as Washington went ahead in the third.Taylor homered to left in the fourth to bump Washington’s lead to 3-1, and Daniel Murphy added an RBI double in the sixth.But Parsons worked five innings in his major league debut, vital for a team that had two starters last only two innings during the series in Washington and heads home to face Milwaukee after a 5-3 road trip.“A winning road trip Pat Neshek Jersey , you take that every single time,” said Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman, who had three hits. “Sometimes, you have to lose a battle to win the war. I thought what Wes Parsons did was absolutely huge for this ballclub. That’s going to win us games later on with a fresh bullpen.”Ronald Acuna Jr.’s one-out homer in the eighth pulled Atlanta within two runs, but the Nationals got RBIs from Ryan Zimmerman and Mark Reynolds in the bottom of the inning to make it 6-2.Washington went 7-3 on its homestand and begins a seven-game trip to face the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis.“It was big, a big win for us,” manager Dave Martinez said. “Happy flight.”HARPER SCRATCHEDWashington outfielder Bryce Harper was scratched from the lineup with right knee soreness. Atlanta reliever Dan Winkler hit Harper just below the right knee in the seventh inning on Wednesday night. Martinez said X-rays on Harper were negative.DOUBLE DEBUTParsons and Adam McCreery both made their major league debuts for Atlanta http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-lenny-dykstra-jersey , combining to pitch the last six innings. It was the first time the Braves had two pitchers debut in the same game since June 30, 2015, when Jake Brigham and Ryan Kelly did so against Washington.TRAINER’S ROOMBraves: 3B Johan Camargo was out of the starting lineup for the first time since July 14. He struck out as a pinch hitter to end the game. Charlie Culberson filled in at third for Camargo.Nationals: Martinez said RHP Stephen Strasburg (cervical nerve impingement) will throw at least one more bullpen session before the team decides whether he is ready for a minor league rehabilitation start. Strasburg has not pitched for Washington since July 20.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Kevin Gausman (0-1, 5.40 ERA) makes his second start since his acquisition from Baltimore as Atlanta returns home to open a three-game series with Milwaukee.Nationals: Washington begins a three-game series in Chicago against the Cubs with RHP Jeremy Hellickson (5-2, 3.56) getting the nod. The Boston Red Sox are planning to visit the White House on Feb. 15 to celebrate their 2018 World Series championship with President Donald Trump, but team president Sam Kennedy said those plans could change if the ongoing government shutdown continues into next month, perPeter Abraham of the Boston Globe.Abraham reported that "several" unidentified players have said they won't attend."We would expect a healthy representation of ownership Rhys Hoskins Jersey , executives, coaches and players," Kennedy said. "Everybody is aware of the date."Although MLB clubs usually visit the White House during the regular season, often when they're in the area to face the Washington Nationals or Baltimore Orioles, the Red Sox are going to take a one-day trip during spring training.Kennedy said they will "obviously adjust" if the White House suggests doing so and pointed out their communication with the staff there has "stalled" during the shutdown."We thought an earlier visit rather than waiting until later in the year made the most sense," he said about the projected February trip.On Monday, Trump paid for afast-food mealfor the College Football Playoff national champion Clemson Tigers on their visit with much of the White House food staff currently furloughed.While the offerings http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-carlos-santana-jersey , which included Wendy's, McDonald's and pizza, led to internet backlash and offers from celebrities for more traditional fine-dining options, the Tigers seemed toenjoy the food.Red Sox manager Alex Cora, whocalledTrump "disrespectful" for his Twitter messages questioning the death toll in Cora's native Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria in 2017, said he won't skip the trip, per Abraham."I'm planning on attending and using this platform in a positive way for us Tommy Hunter Jersey ," Cora said.According to Abraham, attendance will not be mandatory for Red Sox players and staff.Boston defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in five games to win the 2018 World Series in October.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz