Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
panxing18 Offline

09.05.2019 04:54
We’ve had about two weeks of Spring Training Antworten

Come on let’s go and play!" http://www.oriolesfanproshop.com/authentic-j.j.-hardy-jersey , now. That seems like plenty of time to make roster decisions, right? Well, I’m doing it anyway.CatchersAs we all know by this point, Salvador Perez is out for the year after having Tommy John Surgery earlier this week. That makes Cam Gallagher the de facto starter. The Royals are allegedly still talking to Martin Maldonado - who just made his second agent change in the last year - but things don’t look promising. I would argue this is a good thing. I lobbied for Nick Dini or at least Xavier Fernandez to take over the backup role but the Royals seem to be sending signals that Meibrys Viloria would be the guy. My biggest issue with this is that Viloria is actually a pretty promising prospect who has not spent significant time above A-ball. I would think sitting on the bench for a significant number of games this season would be very bad for his development. However, if they platoon him with Gallagher, it might not end up being that bad.Frank Schwindel has an outside shot to get some playing time here; he’s smashing Spring Training pitching for the second year in a row and was actually drafted as a catcher. But as much as I would love it, I’m not holding my breath.InfieldersThis is probably the position group on the roster with the least amount of volatility. Ryan O’Hearn, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, and Hunter Dozier all played well enough last year and with little enough competition in the form of minor league prospects to have a lock on roster spots. Chris Owings got a major league deal to be a backup to the entire roster so he’ll be around, too, and I’m counting him as an infielder because it’s easier.OutfieldersThere are a few easy calls, here. Alex Gordon, Billy Hamilton, and Jorge Soler all have large enough contracts and extensive enough histories that they’re going to be out there. Soler is probably going to be the DH with Hamilton in center and Gordon in left. Which begs the question Adam Jones Jersey , “Who is the right fielder and who is the backup outfielder?”The Royals gave Terrance Gore a big league contract. He can’t be a starter, but he can be a pinch runner - though with a roster this fast it’s unclear how often he’ll get to run. Also, with Owings and Merrifield on the roster, the Royals have a couple of guys who are considered infielders who could easily shift to the outfield. I think that makes Gore the guy as the backup.But that still leaves right field. If you were going only by playing time you’d think it was going to be Jorge Bonifacio. But just taking a quick glance at the games played leaders it’s primarily guys who aren’t likely to make the opening day roster like Nicky Lopez, Cheslor Cuthbert, Humberto Arteaga, and Schwindel. My guess is the Royals are playing the guys who won’t make the roster a lot early to see what they’ve got before demoting them to minor league camp as they let the starters play more innings. Bonifacio also hasn’t been performing well but his most obvious competitors - Brett Phillips and Brian Goodwin - have been even worse.You know who’s played phenomenally so far this spring, including a two-homer day and, more importantly, more walks than strikeouts? Bubba Starling. We are two weeks into spring training and if the Royals had to make their 25-man roster today I think Bubba would be on it. In fact, I’m going to go ahead and go out on a limb and predict that he is your Opening Day starting right fielder. Mark it down.Starting RotationWe came into spring with three locks - Danny Duffy, Jakob Junis, and Brad Keller. It has been suggested that Ian Kennedy might be headed to the bullpen but I find that idea implausible. Which means there is one spot remaining. Based on appearances so far this spring and how they performed last year I can’t see the Royals giving that spot to anyone other than Jorge Lopez. If Kennedy or Lopez aren’t in the rotation for some reason I would not be at all surprised to see Homer Bailey make it. Just a gut feelingBullpenThat leaves seven spots in the bullpen. Jake Diekman and Brad Boxberger both got new big league contracts so they’re probably in. Wily Peralta was the closer at the end of the year so I expect him to make the roster even if he loses that particular role. Brian Flynn makes a good swingman and just got an arbitration deal so he’s probably gonna stick around. Tim Hill and Kevin McCarthy were two of the better relievers last year so they probably have inside tracks. Kyle Zimmer, if healthy, probably needs one of those spots and he appears to be finally healthy *knocks on wood*.So that’s 24 guys. Where does the final spot go? I think it will go to Rule 5 draft pick Sam McWilliams. If the Royals don’t keep him on the big league roster he has to be offered back to the Diamondbacks. He hasn’t pitched super well so far this spring but that could always change. Keeping him also aligns with general manager Dayton Moore’s apparent mission to never let a pitcher leave if he can help it. With the versatility of Merrifield and Owings and manager Ned Yost’s unwillingness to pinch hit most days Manny Machado Jersey , they don’t need a particularly deep bench, either.So to summarize:C Cam Gallagher1B Ryan O’Hearn2B Whit Merrifield3B Hunter DozierSS Adalberto MondesiOF Alex GordonOF Billy HamiltonOF Bubba StarlingDH Jorge SolerC Meibrys VilloriaUT Chris OwingsOF Terrance GoreSP Danny DuffySP Brad KellerSP Jakob JunisSP Ian KennedySP Jorge LopezRP Brad BoxbergerRP Jake DiekmanRP Kevin McCarthyRP Tim HillRP Wily PeraltaRP Brian FlynnRP Kyle ZimmerRP Sam McWilliamsWhat do you think? Am I out of my mind? Where am I wrong? Who would you rather see even if you think I’m right? DENVER (AP) — Cody Bellinger has been doing plenty of damage with his bat. He showed his defense is pretty good, too.The 2017 NL Rookie of the Year homered again and made two big plays in right field, Max Muncy also went deep and the homer-happy Los Angeles Dodgers outslugged the Colorado Rockies 12-6 on Sunday night.Bellinger had three hits, including his major league-leading seventh home run, and has hit safely in 11 straight games dating to last year. The Dodgers have 24 homers and have connected in all 10 games. They scored 29 runs and swept a series at Coors Field for the second consecutive season.Bellinger has two more home runs on his own than the Dodgers had through 10 games in 2018.“He’s covering a lot of different pitches, a lot of different zones,” manager Dave Roberts said. “He’s playing that cat-and-mouse and picking his spots to release that barrel. The numbers speak to it — he’s dangerous.”He can also play in the field. In the first inning, Bellinger made a tough catch near the stands in foul territory to end Colorado’s bases-loaded threat. In the sixth, he threw out Trevor Story trying to go from first to third on a single by Nolan Arenado.“If you can get both in one day, it’s a huge confidence booster,” said Bellinger, who is hitting .455 with 18 RBIs. “I think everyone wants to do that.”Joe Kelly (1-1) pitched 1 2/3 innings in relief to get the win as “Sunday Night Baseball” on ESPN made its first appearance at Coors Field since 2001 with a game that lasted 3 hours, 52 minutes.Colorado has lost seven of eight since starting the season with two wins. Arenado had three hits and three RBIs and Charlie Blackmon added two hits for the Rockies but committed a pair of embarrassing errors in right field.“It’s rare to see that especially from Charlie because he’s steady, dependable Chris Davis Jersey ,” Rockies manager Bud Black said. “So that was a rare occurrence to see that tonight, especially two plays.”Los Angeles scored two runs in the second and four in the third off Chad Bettis (0-2) and led 9-3 when Muncy hit a two-run homer in the sixth.Bellinger capped a big weekend with a line drive to the second deck in right field. His seven home runs are more than five teams have hit this season — including the Rockies.“I just feel really good and just trying to stay within myself in the cage and not get too ahead of myself and give in to the hype,” Bellinger said.TRAINER’S ROOMDodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw (shoulder inflammation) will likely make his second rehab start Tuesday with Triple-A Oklahoma City or Double-A Tulsa. … Roberts said LHP Tony Cingrani (left shoulder impingement) stretched his throwing to 120 feet.Rockies: OF David Dahl left in the third inning. Black told the ESPN broadcast Dahl felt something in his abdomen below his oblique, and after the game Dahl said he felt it on his strikeout in the first inning. “I don’t think it’s anything too serious,” Dahl said. “Right now it’s just tight. Iced it a little bit. But I think it’s going to be fine. I’m not too worried.” … LHP Tyler Anderson (left knee inflammation) was placed on the 10-day injured list. The team recalled RHP Yency Almonte from Triple-A Albuquerque. Anderson (0-2, 9.00 ERA) struggled in his two starts.FAN INTERFERENCEWith Bellinger at the plate and one out in the sixth, the game was interrupted by a fan who climbed over the railing in left-center and ran onto the field. He made it to the infield by second base before falling. He was apprehended and walked off the field.NEW MATHDodgers second baseman Enrique Hernandez took a toss from shortstop Corey Seager for a force at second and started jogging off the field. Problem was, there were only two outs. Hernandez’s mental error kept the inning alive and allowed Arenado to score from third.“He made a joke that he was thinking we get to play two outs an inning in Colorado,” Roberts said. “That’s not the case, but he backed that play up with a fantastic play off the bat of (Ian) Desmond.”WELCOME BACKThe Dodgers recalled right-hander Dennis Santana from Triple-A Oklahoma City and optioned righty Brock Stewart to their top farm team. Santana, who made his only major league appearance at Coors Field last season, was one of the last players left off the roster coming out of spring training. He entered with one out in the seventh and hit Mark Reynolds with his first pitch of the night.UP NEXTDodgers: LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (2-0, 2.08 ERA) opens a series in St. Louis on Monday night. He is 1-2 with a 2.25 ERA in five games (four starts) against the Cardinals.Rockies: LHP Kyle Freeland (1-1, 2.31) makes his third start when Colorado begins a three-game home series against Atlanta on Monday night.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz