Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
panxing18 Offline

18.05.2019 03:14
I really want to know what the new Twins manager and J Antworten

oe actually talked about http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , but it’s just too easy to imagine anyway."During his introductory press conference Thursday, new Twins manager Rocco Baldelli told reporters that he had a brief talk with Joe Mauer over the phone earlier in the day. Baldelli didn’t go into detail about the conversation, but heaped a ton of praise on Mauer and how much he is respected among everyone in baseball. He also said he would obviously welcome Joe back next year should Joe choose to play, and the front office executives next to him seemed to agree.If you’re like me, however, you wanted to know what was actually said during this phone call with Joe. Luckily, we here at Twinkie Town obtained the transcript, and now bring you this EXCLUSIVE* report.Below is the entire transcript of the phone call.Joe Mauer: Hello?Rocco Baldelli: Hi, this is Rocco Baldelli. Is this Joe Mauer?Joe: This is he.Rocco: Hi Joe! I just wanted to connect with you because Derek Falvey and the Twins are bringing me on board as the new manager.Joe: Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.Rocco: I’ve always respected you from across the diamond, and I just wanted to reach out because I know how much you mean to this team and organization.Joe: Well thank you. That means a lot.Rocco: I know you’re considering hanging it up —Joe: Uh huh.Rocco: ... and I don’t want to put an pressure on you. I just wanted to say you are always welcome to come back and play next year if you want.Joe: Sure. Rocco: So you’re playing another year?Joe: Well, I’m not sure yet.Rocco: Okay. Well I’ve already talked with Derek Falvey and stuff and obviously everyone would love for you to stay a part of the organization. Joe: You bet.Rocco: I really want to talk to and connect with everyone in the organization Anthony Rendon Jersey , and that includes you. Joe: Yeah, that sounds pretty neat.Rocco: Even if you don’t come back as a player, it sounds like the front office would be interested in you coaching or potentially doing some media stuff.Joe: Yeah, that sounds like a pretty nice deal.Rocco: So, have you actually made any sort of decision about your future?Joe: No, you know, I’m just kind of taking it one game at a time.Rocco: Okay.Joe: I’m just giving it the best I got and hope everything works out.Rocco: ...Joe: You know, just got to go out there and battle your tail off.Rocco: Wait, hold on, isn’t that what Gardy used to —Joe: *Making hissing noises* Oh geez I’m breaking up here. *More hissing noises Joe is obviously making himself* Oh geez, gotta go.Beep Daniel Murphy Jersey , beep, beep (end call).* 100% made up, but probably at least 50% accurate. LOS ANGELES — Almost a month removed from his magical major league debut, Daniel Poncedeleon will return to the St. Louis Cardinals‘ rotation, with an outing in his native Southern California.The right-hander will face the Los Angeles Dodgers and will no doubt be brimming with confidence. His only other big league start came July 23 at Cincinnati, when the right-hander delivered seven no-hit innings before he was removed after throwing 116 pitches.The Cardinals ultimately lost that game 2-1, but gained a winner in Poncedeleon, who was born in nearby Anaheim and went to high school in La Mirada. Moved to the Cardinals’ bullpen after his inspiring debut, St. Louis has won every game Poncedelon has appeared in since, keeping the legend of the 26-year old alive and well.Article continues below ...Perhaps the most impressive part of his debut was that it came 14 months after undergoing emergency surgery to stop bleeding in his brain after he was hit by a line drive in a Triple-A game.“I don’t know if words can describe it,” Cardinals interim manager Mike Shildt said http://www.nationalsfanproshop.com/authentic-matt-adams-jersey , according to mlb.com. “You talk about magical, with what he’s dealt with, what he’s come back from. Making his MLB debut, throwing seven innings without giving up a hit, that’s what’s magical about this game and special about this game.”Poncedeleon will pitch opposite Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu, who is working on his own story of resilience. Injured often over the past four seasons, with a bevy of maladies, Ryu was out for another 3 1/2 months this year with a left groin strain.He finally returned to the Dodgers’ rotation Wednesday and gave up three hits over six scoreless innings in a Los Angeles victory that allowed the Dodgers to avoid a three-game sweep by the rival San Francisco Giants.“I’ve said it before, that you win with starting pitching,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “Our starters have been lights out, they really have. And to get (Ryu) back Max Scherzer Jersey , the way he’s throwing the baseball, that’s a huge boost for our club.”In four career appearances against the Cardinals (three starts), Ryu has a solid 1.50 ERA over 24 innings.Another huge boost for the Dodgers is the return of Kenley Jansen from an irregular heartbeat. The right-hander went on the disabled list Aug. 10 and was cleared to return Monday after going on blood thinning medication. But he ended up taking the loss Monday when he gave up two ninth-inning home runs to the Cardinals.The Dodgers will need all the pitching they can get against a Cardinals’ offense that has hit a home run in 13 consecutive games, the longest current active streak in baseball. The Philadelphia Phillies had the longest streak this year at 16 games.The Cardinals are not only 22-11 under interim manager Mike Shildt, they are 15-4 in August, the best record in the National League over the month.The Dodgers moved into a tie for first place with a victory Aug. 1, but are 8-10 in the month and have fallen to third place, 2 1/2 games behind the first-place Arizona Diamondbacks and two back of the Colorado Rockies.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz