Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
panxing18 Offline

18.05.2019 03:39
Bob Melvin this offseason as well as possible new de Antworten

OAKLAND Alex Wood Jersey , Calif. (AP) — The Oakland Athletics plan to discuss a contract extension with manager als with home run leader Khris Davis and All-Star second baseman Jed Lowrie.Two days after the A’s lost to the New York Yankees in a wild-card game, team officials began mapping out the framework for 2019 with hopes of capitalizing on the team’s first playoff appearance in four years.Signing Melvin, Oakland’s manager since 2011, to an extension is high on the list of things to do. He’s currently signed through the 2019 season.“Bob’s one of the best in the game and he’s perfect for us,” said Executive Vice President Billy Beane, who appeared before reporters Friday along with Melvin and general manager David Forst. “The idea is that he’s here for a long time and the rest of his career. Our feeling is that Bob’s the right guy for this club and should be going forward. (That’s) another question that we hope to have answered in the offseason.”The A’s playoff appearance was the fourth in eight seasons under Melvin. Oakland’s 97-65 record was also the best mark of Melvin’s managerial career.The 56-year-old skipper said he still hasn’t gotten over the wild-card loss to the Yankees but is optimistic about Oakland’s prospects for next season.“As impressive as some of these younger players were, we feel like they can even get better so I’m excited about where we’re going from here,” Melvin said. “I expect us to have results again next year. Obviously, we’re going to have to add some pieces and make some decisions on some free agents but I’m really excited about where this team’s going.”Davis isn’t scheduled to be a free agent until after the 2019 season but the A’s are hopeful of getting the slugger inked to a long-term deal before then.Davis led the majors with 48 home runs this year, his third consecutive season with 40-plus homers.“We’ve had some preliminary conversations about keeping him around longer (than 2019),” Beane said. “That’ll be part of the conversations that David, myself and Bob and the rest of the staff have.”Lowrie’s situation is more uncertain despite his first All-Star appearance.The veteran infielder hit .267 with a career-high 23 home runs and 99 RBIs and was a key influence inside Oakland’s mostly young clubhouse.But Lowrie turns 35 next April and the A’s may be tempted to go with Franklin Barreto Zack Cozart Jersey , their young prospect who hit five home runs with 16 RBIs in 73 at-bats.“I’m happy with the year that I had and I feel like I’m going to go into the offseason and hopefully be in a good position,” Lowrie said, adding he’s open to returning to the A’s. “Free agency can be funny so you just go into it with an open mind. We’ll talk with my agent and we’ll be prepared for situations that arise.”Catcher Jonathan Lucroy is also scheduled to become a free agent. Forst said the A’s are open to retaining both Lowrie and Lucroy.“Jed and (Lucroy) were huge for what we did,” Forst said. “Obviously, both of those guys will be part of our conversations over the next month.”__ Young players are getting paid, is the Twins core next?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire, Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsAnalysisPossible Contract Extensions for 10 Young TwinsNew,13commentsYoung players are getting paid, is the Twins core next?EDTShareTweetShareSharePossible Contract Extensions for 10 Young TwinsEric Hartline-USA TODAY SportsTimes are changing in the baseball world - financially, that is. Amid the upcoming rule changes and start of a new season, talk about baseball’s financial turbulence has gone to the back burner. While I’m not here to write an impassioned statement on the effects of these situations for baseball http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authentic-zack-cozart-jersey , I can say that the the downturn of funds going out in free agency and the possibility of an impending strike have also created a new financial phenomenon.That phenomenon is the contract extension for the young player who hasn’t yet hit arbitration (in most of the cases). Most of these deals are being signed by future or even current stars, effectively buying out their rookie deal and extending them past that deal for less than they would be worth in those season. The appeal is obvious for the owners - get potential or future stars on deals which provide great value to the team without risking a significant sum of cash. The benefit of the players likely weighs more on baseball’s financial issues - get paid more than the rookie salary (and taking care of their family and friends) before a strike potentially hits. The deals also don’t look quite as bad for the players with the plummeting free agent market in the past two seasons.These contract extensions have come fast and furious this offseason and even into the season, ranging from players who hadn’t recorded a stat in a big league game (Eloy Jimenez) to those who are about to reach free agency (Nolan Arenado). Here’s a look at all the contract extensions for younger players this offseason, to give us an idea of what the Twins might offer to their developing core.Recent MLB Extensions for Young PlayersPlayerTeam / PositionYearsValueAVG AnnualPlayerTeam / PositionYearsValueAVG AnnualIt’s been public knowledge that the Twins have looked to extend a few of their young potential stars, including Jose Berrios and in which he posted a 124 wRC+, even with the high strikeout numbers.Taylor Rogers, RPAge: 28Free Agent Year: 2023Potential Contract: 4 years / 20 million. Rogers is another interesting case, but more so because of his position. There are only two relief pitchers featured in the chart above, Jose Leclerc and Ryan Pressly. A potential deal for Rogers would likely be closer to what Leclerc received based on their similarities in service time.With Rogers’ breakthrough season in 2018, and early promising signs in 2019, he could be a sneaky candidate for an extension. A deal for Rogers might also include team options similar to Leclerc’s deal, who could bea Ranger for up to six years if the team decides to exercise those options. If the Twins believe in the legitimacy of Rogers’ breaking pitches Albert Pujols Jersey , this deal would also be a bargain. Early signs this year point to future success of his slider and curve, as opponents have a .202 xwOBA on his slider that he has thrown 54% of the time. Mitch Garver, CAge: 28Free Agent Year: 2024Potential Contract: 5 years / 20 million. Garver still has quite a few years left on his rookie deal and is already 28 years old, so an extension wouldn’t make a lot of sense from the Twins perspective. However, if the Twins believe in Garver as the catcher of the future, there is a chance they could buy out his arbitration years and offer him an extension. It looks like Garver could develop 20+ home run pop with consistent playing time, but his defense raises the biggest questions. It seems likely that the Twins will let this year play out and see how Garver does behind the plate before moving forward with any future catcher plans.Eddie Rosario, OFAge: 27Free Agent Year: 2022Potential Contract: 5 years / 70 million. There isn’t really a comparable player to Rosario that received an extension this offseason, with Randal Grichuk (4 years, 47 million) probably being the closest comparison. Rosario will be under contract for two more years after 2019, so a five-year deal would lock him up through his age-32 season and likely give the Twins the prime years of his career. Though Rosario can go through extreme hot and cold stretches, his slash lines over the last two years have been nearly the same and exhibit above average offensive production. The Puerto Rican outfielder has posted an .836 and .803 OPS over the past two seasons Mike Trout Jersey , and I would be surprised if he wasn’t around those marks again in 2019.Trevor May, RPAge: 29Free Agent Year: 2021Potential Contract: 3 years / 12 million. May is also comes with an injury-riddled past and is already 29 years old. He has shown the capability and the stuff to become a consistent back-end of the bullpen option, but his lack of a full-season of success would limit his contractual bargaining power. I would look for May to get a shorter deal worth just over 10 million dollars (maybe with a team option for more years) if the Twins decided to extend him. Adalberto Meija, RPAge: 26Free Agent Year: 2024Potential Contract: 4 years / 12 million. This may be the most unlikely of the deals, but could be possible if the Twins think that Meija is a legitimate left-handed option out of the bullpen or has the potential to move back to the starting rotation. As of now, Meija seems to be the only semi-reliable left-handed bullpen arm besides Taylor Rodgers. However, bullpen arms are usually easier to find than almost any other position.Willians Astudillo, C/1B/2B/3B/OF/PAge: 27Free Agent Year: 2025Potential Contract: Give La Tortuga a blank contract and let him work out the details.It’s possible that the Twins complete a contract extension with none of these players in the near future, though the trends in baseball say that a player or two on this list will likely ink a deal with the Twins. If the Twins young core makes them a legitimate contender for years to come, getting started on contract extensions now will be a key for the team’s future success.What do you think of these potential extensions for the Twins younger players, and which of these deals would you like the best? Let me know what you think in the comments section!

«« WINNIPEG
 Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz