Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
hongwei28 Offline

11.06.2019 03:22
www.thetitanslockerroom.com Antworten

On ESPN naming the Titans one of the six teams most likely to decline in 2018 Bill Barnwell wrote an article over at ESPN.com identifying 6 NFL teams that he expects to decline in 2018. As you have probably already seen at this point Will Compton Jersey , the Titans are on his list. Before I get into the reasons that I disagree with him, I will grant him that the Titans got pretty lucky last year from the standpoint that they were able to win 9 games with an offense that was absolutely broken. That is why their point differential was -22 on the season (well that and the fact that they got boat-raced by the Texans 57-14 in week 4).Now let’s go paragraph by paragraph on the article:The whole offense was bad. I am a staunch Marcus Mariota defender, but even I can admit that he was bad last year. With that being said, it is dumb to write Mariota off because he was bad last year because he was playing in a system where he was clearly uncomfortable, and not only was he uncomfortable, but everyone around him was as well. The offensive line regressed. The running game regressed. How many times did we say a play where 2 receivers ended up in the same spot? No one knew what was going on out there and that hurt everyone, including Mariota.They blew 4th quarter leads last year because they couldn’t run the ball. Guess what, they have a completely new offensive scheme this year..and...and...the outside zone running scheme is actually a better fit for Derrick Henry. He will be more efficient this year. They also added Dion Lewis who will be better in a “4 minute offense” situation that people think. Oh, and they are also going to be better on defense. This is the paragraph that really pissed me off. Who cares what Vrabel did as the DC in Houston? And he also didn’t mention that he lost JJ Watt and Whitney Mercilus early in the year. Think that might have had an affect on those numbers, Bill? Dean Peas will be calling the defense here, not Vrabel.As for the cute Patriots cover band line, let’s dig a little deeper. On Lewis, he fills a huge need for the Titans offense. The Patriots didn’t let him walk because they are going to let another team make a mistake. They let him walk because they have James White, Rex Burkhead and others. They simply didn’t need Lewis at an accelerated cost. You who did need a back like Lewis and had a ton of money under the salary cap? The Tennessee Titans.And on Butler Womens Adoree' Jackson Jersey , are we really going to applaud the Patriots for any decision they have made with Butler? Bill Belichick let Butler waste away on the sideline while Nick Freaking Foles threw for 374 yards. Yep, great decision making on that one.As for the moves in the draft, there were obviously 2 guys at the top end of the draft that Jon Robinson had circled. He ended up getting both of them. Who cares if he had to give up some mid-round picks to do it? Middle round picks are way overvalued in the draft- especially when you have a roster that has the chance to be 1 or 2 players away from being really, really good- which is what the Titans had entering the draft.While that statement is not false, it is stupid. There might be 4 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL that could have transcended that scheme, but that’s not the point anyway. Look at the successful teams around the league. Their quarterback doesn’t have to “transcend” his scheme. The scheme is built to put the quarterback in the situation where he can be the most successful. He’s not wrong on this one either. Kelly is clearly a downgrade from Conklin. However, I would be willing to be that Conklin is healthy and ready to go for week 1.Absolutely they do. This is the best paragraph of the whole article.This has no relevance to 2018. I get the point he is trying to make here- that the Titans only won 9 games the last 2 years because they had an easy schedule, but they also had one of the worst offensive coaching staffs in the league. I think that upgrade will offset any increase in strength of opponent (which, by the way, is impossible to accurately predict right now).**IRRELEVANT STAT ALERT** The last time Andrew Luck faced the Titans their corners were Jason McCourty (who was having a bad year), Perrish Cox (who was just bad), Valentino Blake (also bad), and Brice McCain 9 (yep, bad). I would say Malcolm Butler http://www.thetitanslockerroom.com/authentic-austin-johnson-jersey , Logan Ryan and Adoree Jackson are HUGE upgrades from those guys (duh.gif, again).There is no doubt that Luck and Deshaun Watson are better than what the Titans faced last year in Jacoby Brissett and Tom Savage, but again, the Titans defense will be upgraded as well.I won’t sit here and argue that there is no way the Titans finish worse than 9-7 this year. So many things can happen during the course of an NFL season that can derail a team. However, it is ridiculous to use things like Mariota’s performance in a terrible offensive scheme and Luck’s numbers against some horrible Titans’ defense to put them on a list of teams that will decline in 2018. We are now just a week and half from the 2019 NFL Draft, and people are still out here giving the Titans tight ends with the 19th pick in the draft. I have tried and tried to help people see the..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Tennessee Titans PodcastNFL 2019 mock draft: THE TITANS AREN’T TAKING A TE AT PICK 19New,78commentsCDTShareTweetShareShareNFL 2019 mock draft: THE TITANS AREN’T TAKING A TE AT PICK 19Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsWe are now just a week and half from the 2019 NFL Draft, and people are still out here giving the Titans tight ends with the 19th pick in the draft. I have tried and tried to help people see the light on Twitter. Unfortunately most people just aren’t listening.One of the people not listening is SB Nation’s own Dan Kadar. He gives the Titans Noah Fant, TE, Iowa in his latest mock draft. There is only so much I can do.Here is what Dan had to say about the pick:I just don’t see any way the Titans pass on an interior offensive lineman here. They could have Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom, or whoever else they want to come in and be a starter from day one. Why would they spend this pick on a guy like Fant who will be fighting to even get on the field in 2019??

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz