Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.07.2019 05:23
breaker. The pla Antworten

LAWRENCE, Kan. Andrew Luck Jersey . -- Naadir Tharpe finally got to stand in the middle of the court at Allen Fieldhouse, bask in the adulation of another sellout crowd and celebrate a conference championship. The junior guard, who wrapped up his first two Big 12 titles on the road, had 19 points to lead five Kansas players in double figures Monday night, and the fifth-ranked Jayhawks held off Oklahoma 83-75 to ensure a share of their 10th consecutive league crown. "Just a great feeling," Tharpe said. "To be at home, to hear the fans and all that, its a beautiful feeling. It just shows the tradition of Kansas and what it means to us." Wayne Selden and Andrew Wiggins added 15 points each, and Joel Embiid had 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Jayhawks (22-6, 13-2), who poured off the bench at the buzzer to celebrate the latest addition to their nation-leading 57 conference titles. It might be the only one for Wiggins and Embiid, the dynamic freshman duo projected to be lottery picks if they come out this season. Wiggins has already stated his intention to do so. "Winning the championship," Wiggins said, "just a great feeling on the court." Only two schools in mens Division I basketball have won more consecutive conference titles than Kansas: UCLA captured 13 straight from 1967-79 in the Pac-10, and Gonzaga won 11 straight in the West Coast Conference from 2001-11. "Its something you know," Selden said. "When you come in here, thats the standard." Cameron Clark had 18 points and Buddy Hield finished with 16 for the Sooners (20-8, 9-6), who have lost 12 of their last 13 games against the Jayhawks, including both this season. Oklahoma still has not won in the Phog since 1993, when Billy Tubbs was on its sideline. "Its so tough here for a lot of reasons," current Sooners coach Lon Kruger said. "Bill does a great job, theyre very talented, the atmosphere is great, the difference really is in the runs they make, and thats what you have to avoid. Easier said than done." The first half Monday night boiled down to an old-fashioned Big Eight tussle. The Jayhawks threw the first body punch, picking up right where they left off in a rout of Texas by taking a 15-4 lead. Oklahoma answered with a few haymakers of its own, going on a 13-2 charge and eventually pulling ahead 27-25 with 5:26 left in the half. Selden took over down the stretch, though, scoring seven straight points to give Kansas the lead back. Frank Masons three-pointer capped a 10-0 surge and made it 42-33 at halftime. "We handled the ball well, made tough plays, but two or three stretches is why Kansas is so tough," Kruger said. "We gave them moments of run that you have to try to avoid." The Jayhawks, arguably the deepest team in the Big 12, forged their lead despite playing without a handful of players due to foul trouble. Wiggins, Tharpe, Perry Ellis, who finished with 11 points, and Jamari Traylor all had two fouls, and Connor Frankamp was on the bench with three. Wiggins picked up his third on the first play of the second half, when Ryan Spangler drove to the basket for an and-one. It was the start of a 10-2 run that got the Sooners back in the game. "They made a couple shots, we made a couple shots," Clark said, "but the main thing is we didnt take care of the ball at critical times." Clarks hot shooting and a couple of timely three-pointers by Hield gave Oklahoma the lead, only for Kansas to come back once more. Wiggins scored on a putback of his own miss with 8:01 left to give the Jayhawks a 60-59 lead, and their advantage grew to 69-63 a few minutes later. The Sooners kept finding answers. When Wiggins hit a three-pointer to make it 74-66, Isaiah Cousins promptly scored in the paint. When Tharpe got a home-rim bounce on a pull-up jumper, Hield was there to hit a fall-away three-pointer to close within 76-71 with 1:30 left. Oklahoma simply ran out of time, and as the final seconds ticked off the clock, another sellout crowd at the Phog began to chant, "Ten straight! Ten straight!" "In a league this competitive, thought by many to be the toughest league in the country, to have a three-game lead with three to play is pretty special," Kansas coach Bill Self said. Andrew Luck Colts Jersey .J. Ellis have avoided arbitration, agreeing to a one-year contract. Quenton Nelson Womens Jersey . -- Howie Kendrick had a two-run single in his first game batting leadoff this season, Chris Iannetta hit a pair of RBI singles and the Los Angeles Angels beat Cleveland 6-4 Tuesday night, sending the Indians to their fifth straight defeat. http://www.coltsofficialstore.us/authentic-malik-hooker-colts-jersey/ . - A week after a late-game debacle on defence, the Pittsburgh Steelers showed they can finish. LONDON -- For 2 1/2 hours, Venus Williams traded big serves and hard groundstrokes with Petra Kvitova on Centre Court. Williams was playing with some of the power and pace that had brought her five Wimbledon titles. But when it was over, she was left with a sense of disappointment. "The battle is always a little more enjoyable when you win," Williams said Friday after coming within two points of victory but losing 5-7, 7-6 (2), 7-5 to Kvitova, the 2011 champion. All four of their previous meetings went to three sets and this one was no different, with plenty of suspense, intensity, and only a few break points. Williams looked stronger early in the match and was up 5-4, 15-30 on Kvitovas serve, in the second set. But the Czech came up with some big serves, held and won the second set tiebreaker. The players then held serve for the first 11 games of the third set before Kvitova broke No. 30 Williams for the first time in the last game. "Its a shame there had to be a loser in this match and more of a shame that it had to be me," Williams said. Despite the loss, Williams had reasons to feel positive about her week in London. At the age of 34, she has been playing well this season, winning a title in Dubai and reachiing the final in Auckland and Miami. Darius Leonard Youth Jersey. This week, she got to the third round at a Grand Slam tournament for only the second time in her past 10 appearances. After her battle with Kvitova, she reiterated that retirement is not in her plans. More than that, Williams still believes in her ability to add to her total of seven Grand Slams. "People have been trying to retire me since I was like 25. For some reason in tennis we always do that to our players. Its weird," said Williams, who disclosed three years ago that she was diagnosed with an energy-sapping autoimmune disease. "We dont encourage them to stick around," she added. "Its like, Get out of here. So Im not getting out of here. I think this year has been a great year for me. Ive had some tough losses, but Ive learned a lot from them. Im finding my way back on my feet. Im proud of myself for what Im achieving on the court." The former No. 1 is next scheduled to play in Cincinnati and Montreal. She said she might add more tournaments to her summer schedule to keep improving her game. "So that way Ill just have a chance, when its really time to play good tennis, I would have had those matches under my belt," she said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz