Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zxlbxj1 Offline

16.07.2018 05:26
linemen Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz Antworten

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Ryan Newman and Michael McDowell crashed hard Sunday in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Watkins Glen International, causing a stoppage just past the midpoint of the 90-lap race. The violent wreck occurred coming out of a sweeping right turn leading to the backstretch on the 2.45-mile road course. Greg Biffle clipped the rear end of Newmans No. 31, setting off an accident involving at least five cars. "Im really sad to see it," Newman said. "They could spend a few million dollars (on SAFER barriers) and make the drivers happy. The safety is not up to NASCAR standards." Newmans Chevrolet spun hard into the Armco barrier lining the track, ripping a big hole in the barriers metal. The car then spun around twice and went back across the racing surface, collecting McDowell in his No. 95, which incurred heavy damage in the rear. "Wrong place at the wrong time," Newman said. "I tried to time it so I could shoot past." "There was nothing I could do," Biffle said. Newman, McDowell and Alex Bowman were treated in the infield care centre and released. The race was red-flagged on Lap 57. "Im good," said McDowell, who was involved in a spectacular crash at Texas in qualifying in 2008. "Glad to walk away from it. I feel blessed. Im not really sure what happened. I didnt have time to adjust and move. I was along for the ride. This time I closed my eyes. It definitely was a wild one. Its amazing to walk away from an accident like that and not have any broken bones." Daytona International Speedway, which is owned by International Speedway Corp., the same owner of Watkins Glen, recently installed 2,400 feet of Steel and Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barriers on the outside wall of the entire frontstretch. Former Daytona 500 champion Kevin Harvick was outspoken after his February crash at the superspeedway, saying the soft walls should be everywhere, especially at high-speed tracks like Daytona and Talladega. Daytona added the extra SAFER barriers in June, but didnt put any on the inside wall where Harvick took a hard hit during the season-opening Daytona 500. Fellow driver Denny Hamlin broke his back in March 2013 after hitting a wall without any SAFER barriers at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. The speedway has since covered that area with the softer wall. Tracks insist they follow NASCARs safety recommendations. NASCAR says it makes recommendations when it identifies areas that need improvement. The barriers are estimated to cost $500 per foot, which makes installing them everywhere somewhat cost prohibitive. "Theyve had these guard rails for years," Dale Earnhardt Jr. said during the stoppage. "They do the best they can. Were going way faster here than we used to go. When a car comes back on the racetrack, its hard to avoid. I dont know what else they could do. They could put safer walls, SAFER barriers and all that stuff. As far as today, everything held up." Archie Bradley Jersey . Vonn punctuated her near-perfect season in perfect fashion Friday, earning her fourth overall World Cup title with a dominating giant slalom victory. Chris Owings Diamondbacks Jersey . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. http://www.baseballdiamondbacksproshop.c...ndbacks-jersey/. The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Yasmany Tomas Diamondbacks Jersey . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City. Zack Greinke Diamondbacks Jersey . -- Former NHL star Jeremy Roenick shot a second-round 69 to take the lead after 36 holes and former LPGA great Annika Sorenstam and Chad Pfeifer, who lost his left leg above the knee serving in Iraq, are among several players in contention in the American Century Championship tournament on Saturday.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs parted ways with veteran defensive back Dunta Robinson, who never quite lived up to expectations last season, and signed CFL wide receiver Weston Dressler on Friday. Robinson was just one year into a $13.75 million, three-year deal that the Chiefs hoped would provide a veteran presence in what became a vastly retooled defensive backfield. Instead, Robinson was slowed by a series of nagging injuries and appeared in only nine games, making 14 tackles and defending just two passes. He was also part of a defence that was torched by Indianapolis wide receivers in a loss that knocked Kansas City out of the playoffs. The move was widely expected not only because the 31-year-old Robinson struggled most of the season, gradually losing playing time to undrafted free agent Marcus Cooper, but also because the cash-strapped Chiefs would save more than $3 million. The Chiefs were bumping along the just below the salary cap at the beginning of the week, and theyre expected to make more moves -- perhaps restructuring some of the long-term contracts signed by the previous regime -- so that they can sign their draft class and be active in free agency. Kansas City is expected to lose Pro Bowl left tackle Branden Albert, who was franchised last season, though there are several in-house candidates to replace him. Offensive linemen Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz are also hitting freee agency, as are defensive tackle Tyson Jackson, safety Kendrick Lewis and Pro Bowl punt returner Dexter McCluster.dddddddddddd The move to sign Dressler, who spent the past six years in the CFL, could be in response to McCluster likely demanding a contract far more lucrative than the Chiefs are willing to pay. Dressler, a former North Dakota standout, caught 442 passes for 6,531 yards and 43 touchdowns for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, helping them win the Grey Cup this past season. Hes also proven that he can return kicks and punts, in essence many of the things McCluster did for the Chiefs. "Ever since the first time I touched a football, thats something I dreamed about, having an opportunity to play in the NFL, on the games biggest stage," Dressler said during a recent news conference, when he was released by Saskatchewan and finalizing a deal with an NFL team. It was unclear at the time that his landing spot would be Kansas City. "To kind of get to that point now is pretty surreal," Dressler said. The Chiefs didnt announce Dresslers signing until Friday, even though his name popped up on the leagues transaction report earlier in the week. Terms of his deal were not available. "Money wasnt a factor for me in this decision," Dressler said. "Its a decision based on an opportunity I feel like I have a very good chance to make a football team." China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz