Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
elaine95 Offline

08.08.2019 08:21
yards and an interception.“It certainly wasn’t my best performance. Just wasn’t really able to get into a rhythm early,” Mannion Antworten

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The chorus of “The Storm Is Over” by gospel singer Kirk Franklin played as Antonio Brown approached his locker on Thursday Devin Singletary Jersey , an intentionally apt choice by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker/DJ Vince Williams to address the latest bit of drama surrounding his superstar teammate.Brown heard the song and laughed. Then the All-Pro wide receiver stepped in front of his stall and turned to face the cameras. The music stopped. The smile faded. In its place? A mix of frustration, defiance and — he insists — remorse.Yes, he’s upset the Steelers are winless through two games. Yes, he probably shouldn’t have responded to criticism on social media from a former team employee by suggesting the team trade him if it wants to find out how productive he can be without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.No, he doesn’t actually want to get out of Pittsburgh. No, he doesn’t have an issue with offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner. And as for his demeanor during a 42-37 loss to Kansas City last Sunday? Sorry, but he’s never going to apologize for letting his emotions bubble over when things aren’t going well.“We haven’t won a game yet,” Brown said. “For me, as a Steeler, that’s unacceptable. I’m not on the sideline begging for the ball, or making statements like you guys make. I’m pissed off. We’re losing. We suck.”Pittsburgh (0-1-1) is off to its worst start in five years heading into Monday night’s visit to Tampa Bay. That’s the problem, Brown insisted. His visible anger — he was caught slouching off the field following a late touchdown drive by Roethlisberger against the Chiefs and shouting at Fichtner on the sideline — is a direct result of the team’s record. And that’s all.“Our business is winning,” Brown said. “We’re not winning. And when we don’t win, I’m pissed off because I take it serious. A lot of time goes into this. A lot of hard work and effort.”Brown finished with nine receptions for 67 yards and is tied for the team lead with 18 catches through two games. He’s on pace for another statistically remarkable season. Yet the six-time Pro Bowler stressed he is far less concerned about his numbers than helping the Steelers get it together.“I’m in the spotlight so you guys going to always put me under the microscope, but I’m a (passionate) individual,” Brown said. “I can’t fake the way I feel. I can’t hide the way I feel. If it wasn’t important to me Kyler Murray Jersey , I’d just say it don’t matter. But I’m not that type of guy who’s just around here cashing checks and don’t care. This means something to me.”An approach his teammates and coaches understand, which is why Fichtner wasn’t bothered when cameras caught Brown shouting in Fichtner’s direction on the sideline late in the fourth quarter against the Chiefs.“I’ve known AB a long time and to be honest, I didn’t think about it like (people would think we were arguing) until later,” Fichtner said. “But I want him to be passionate and I want his communication.”Brown, however, isn’t always in the mood to share his thoughts. When Pittsburgh’s late rally fell short, Brown skipped out of the postgame locker room before the media entered. He then missed mandatory meetings on Monday for what he described as personal reasons. He said he informed coach Mike Tomlin that he wouldn’t be into work, and the two had what Tomlin called a lengthy meeting on Tuesday to discuss the matter.While Brown didn’t make it to the team facility on Monday, he did find time to tweet “trade me lets find out” after a former Steelers employee suggested Brown should be thankful he has the chance to play with Roethlisberger. No one took Brown’s post seriously, particularly not Brown.Still, he understands taking to social media to vent might not be the best course of action going forward.“Obviously it was a stupid remark online (by me),” Brown said. “I’ve just got to stay away from online with the distractions and letting people getting me out of my character.”The Steelers disciplined Brown for undisclosed reasons, but Brown indicated he will jog onto the field with the rest of the starters in Tampa Bay. He’ll also try to stop adding to a steady stream of off-the-field issues that have consistently popped up for the two-time defending AFC North champions.“I can’t respond to people that’s saying crazy stuff,” Brown said. “I’ve got to do a more important job, to be focused on what’s important and what’s important now is for us to win.” BALTIMORE (AP) — Joe Flacco needed only one series to show why there won’t be any competition this summer to determine the Baltimore Ravens starting quarterback.The other two guys, however http://www.billscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-dawson-knox-jersey , also put on quite a show.Flacco threw a touchdown pass on his only series of the game, rookie Lamar Jackson ran for a score and Baltimore rolled to a 33-7 preseason victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Thursday night.Baltimore (2-0) led 17-0 after the first period and cruised to the finish against the Rams (0-1), who rested offensive stars Jared Goff and Todd Gurley.After sitting out the Hall of Fame Game last week, Flacco went 5 for 7 for 71 yards during a 10-play drive. The 11-year veteran overcame a second-and-25 with a 30-yard pass to newcomer Michael Crabtree and finished with a 6-yard TD throw to Patrick Ricard.“That’s really all we needed from Joe,” coach John Harbaugh said. “Get Lamar out there with a lot of reps, get Robert (Griffin III) out there.”Jackson entered the next time Baltimore got the ball and coolly directed a 73-yard march in which he completed a 36-yard pass to Chris Moore and broke two tackles running for a 9-yard touchdown.“It was a great run,” Harbaugh said. “I thought he was tackled twice — and then he wasn’t.”Said Jackson: “They tried to get to me, I made a guy miss. Then I did what I do best and tried to get in the end zone.”Jackson went 7 for 18 for 119 yards, ran for 21 yards and was sacked twice before giving way to Griffin early in the third quarter.Griffin went 5 for 7 for 88 yards, including a 32-yard touchdown strike to Breshad Perriman.Flacco has been named Baltimore’s starter in the regular season. Griffin is seeking a comeback after being inactive in 2017, and Jackson is trying to adjust to the pro game after winning a Heisman Trophy at Louisville and being drafted in the first round last April.Jackson could learn a thing or two by watching Flacco.“He was awesome. He was smooth, had a lot of poise in the pocket,” the rookie said.The Ravens and Rams held joint practices Monday and Tuesday, and Los Angeles coach Sean McVay indicated the work against outside opposition would enable him to rest a few of his starters in the preseason opener.So, Sean Mannion opened at quarterback, Malcolm Brown lined up behind him and the offense sputtered for much of the night.Los Angeles gained 5 yards and made one first down in the first quarter. The Rams trailed 23-0 at halftime after totaling 45 yards and three first downs.“We expect to play better and we will http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dexter-lawrence-jersey ,” McVay said. “Sometimes these lessons, these humbling experiences if you will, for everybody is the level of awareness. You can’t wait to get back to work and know that we got a lot work to do. What’s encouraging is we have time to figure it out.”Mannion played the first half, going 3 for 13 for 16 yards and an interception.“It certainly wasn’t my best performance. Just wasn’t really able to get into a rhythm early,” Mannion said.NATIONAL ANTHEMBoth teams stood during the national anthem. While most of the Ravens lined up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline, second-year linebacker Tim Williams stood alone in front of the bench with his back toward the field.INJURIESIt appeared as if both teams got out of the game without any significant injuries.HELMET RULEThe Rams received successive 15-yard penalties in the first quarter for lowering the head to initiate contact, a new rule this season. Marqui Christian received the first flag, and Blake Countess followed. The penalties attributed for nearly half the yardage in a drive that produced a field goal for a 17-0 lead.“The preseason offers a great opportunity for all of us to work through some things and learn,” McVay said. “How that can enable us to better coach it, and how we can better understand, how we can expect them to consistently officiate that knowing that most importantly it’s about taking the head out of the game.”UP NEXT:Rams: After an extended stay on the East Coast, Los Angeles heads home to begin preparation for its next opponent, the Oakland Raiders at home on Aug. 18.Ravens: Their next preseason game isn’t until Aug. 20 at Indianapolis, but that begins a stretch of three games in 11 days.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz