Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

22.08.2019 10:35
two assists and two steals. Antworten

BOSTON - The Boston Bruins dont expect to make a major signing in free agency. Dallas Goedert Eagles Jersey . A player drafted from a mediocre crop this week likely wont make an immediate impact. So general manager Peter Chiarelli plans some small changes to improve the team that exited the playoffs earlier than expected. "We had a very good team and, with a little bit of tweaking, I feel well be right back where we were in the past," he said Monday. The Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2010-11, reached the Cup finals in 2012-13, led the NHL in regular-season points in 2013-14 then eliminated the Detroit Red Wings in a five-game series. But they lost the next round to the Montreal Canadiens in seven games after going up 3-2. Chiarellis big task now is to re-sign Jarome Iginla after he tied for the team lead with 30 goals in his first season with Boston. "Im not going to comment specifically on negotiations," Chiarelli said in a conference call. "Wed like to sign Jarome and thats what I can say. I mean, he has been a valuable player for us. I think there is a good fit." Iginla is one of five Bruins who can become unrestricted free agents when the signing period begins July 1. The others are backup goalie Chad Johnson, defencemen Andrej Meszaros and Corey Potter, both late-season acquisitions, and forward Shawn Thornton, who has been told by Chiarelli he wont be re-signed. "There may be one or two more" among those free agents who he wont re-sign, Chiarelli said. Forward Reilly Smith and defenceman Torey Krug can become restricted free agents. Top free agents from other teams include forwards Marian Gaborik, Thomas Vanek and Paul Stastny. "There are good players available," Chiarelli said. "Were not going to go full force into the free agency. Were probably going to take a step back and look at what may be lesser deals, meaning not high-profile deals, might be available, partially due to (salary) cap reasons, partially due to chemistry reasons." A few hours later, Chiarelli announced that the Bruins had signed goalie Niklas Svedberg to a one-year contract. He played the only NHL game of his career in a 3-2 overtime win over the Nashville Predators on Jan. 2. With the Bruins AHL team in Providence last season, he was 25-15-4 with a 2.63 goals-against average. He had 37 wins for Providence the previous season. The Bruins have the 25th pick in the two-day draft starting Friday in Philadelphia. With four solid lines, a capable defence and young players bidding for playing time, any players drafted arent likely to help the Bruins next season. The draft "is generally considered, and I would agree, a thinner draft," Chiarelli said. "So there is not as much value, relatively speaking, placed in these picks. So teams will probably be more apt to move those picks around" through trades. Thornton spent seven seasons with the Bruins, providing toughness and leadership. He might not be the only player to leave who is part of the teams successful veteran core. "The decision on Shawn was a very hard one. Hes been here and part of this group for a long time and that would apply to all these guys who have been here and who have given us good service and that have been part of winning teams and Cup-winning teams," Chiarelli said. "So there will be hard choices, but it may be that we dont make hard choices and we keep as many people as we can and we go into the year and maybe we do make those hard choices as the year progresses." For now, Chiarelli is focusing on the draft. "I read about a bunch of (solid) centermen and were not in the market for any centerman," he said. Defencemen also "are becoming a major topic of conversation." He might even trade his first-round pick. "Everything is always available," Chiarelli said. Brian Dawkins Eagles Jersey . -- In the stadium program sold at the Miami Dolphins game on Halloween, Richie Incognito was asked whos the easiest teammate to scare. Carson Wentz Womens Jersey .J. Ward appeared in court Friday on misdemeanour charges that he threw a glass mug at a bartender at a Denver strip club. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Ron-Jaworski-Eagles-Jersey/ . For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal.WASHINGTON -- Nene had scored the tying basket, Paul Pierce was still without a point, and Joe Johnson was among those feeling deja vu when the horn sounded at the end of regulation, sending the Washington Wizards and Brooklyn Nets to overtime for the second time in three games at the Verizon Center. "I was talking to Joe on the court," Wizards guard Bradley Beal said. "And he was like, Not this again. I just started laughing." Pierce eventually made a jumper, avoiding his first scoreless game since he was a rookie, but Nene had another big play to make, supplying the assist for Trevor Arizas go-ahead 3-pointer in the extra period Friday night as the Wizards won 112-108. "How up-and-down was that one?" Washington coach Randy Wittman said with a smile as he headed toward the locker room. Up and down. Back and forth. The Nets blew an 11-point lead in the final 4 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter, when Nene essentially carried the Wizards by scoring 12 of his 20 points, including consecutive three-point plays and then the putback of John Walls missed layup that tied the score at 99 with 1.2 seconds remaining. "Amazing," Wizards forward Martell Webster said. "Gut-check time -- and he showed up." Beal scored 29 points, matching his career-high, Wall had 17 points and 14 assists, and Marcin Gortat had 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Wizards, who nearly shut out both Pierce and Kevin Garnett for the first time since the 1990s. Garnett didnt score until his 18-footer with 3:40 to play in regulation, and Pierce waited until overtime before hitting a jumper. Pierce, who was a game-time decision to play after missing the morning shootaround with an illness, finished 1 for 5. Garnett was 2 for 11 and had a dunk attempt emphatically stuffed by Nene in the third quarter. He also had six rebounds, two assists and two steals. "Im not in an offensive rhythm that I would liike," Garnett said. Wilbert Montgomery Youth Jersey. "But thats not a priority here. . The priority is getting the stops and finishing teams off and finishing quarters off and coming out with better thirds. Who cares about this offence? Needless to say, we got to make buckets. When you come here, you come here with the idea of sacrificing something. I didnt really shoot the ball well, but other places, I made up pretty well." Pierce did not address reporters after the game. "Hes a pro. He put the uniform on, not feeling well," Brooklyn coach Jason Kidd said. "But he came out and gave us everything he could. To be able to answer the call in that overtime, that just shows his leadership and being a professional." Pierce has been held without a point only once in his NBA career -- as a rookie in 1999 with the Boston Celtics. Garnetts only scoreless games were also in his rookie year, three times with the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 1995-96 season. Brook Lopez scored 23 points, and Johnson had 16 for the Nets, who are 2-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. Ex-Wizards forward Andray Blatche, booed every time he touched the ball, added 10 points and 13 rebounds. Brooklyn committed 23 turnovers, including nine in the third quarter, essentially cancelling out its 51-36 rebounding advantage. The Nets also went 6 for 24 from 3-point range. The Wizards and Nets played a double-overtime game in Washington last season. The home team lost that one. "If you want to be a good team and have a chance of being in the playoffs," Wall said, "youve got to win close games. We didnt give up." NOTES: The Wizards didnt get their first offensive rebound until the 6:38 mark of the second quarter -- and it was grabbed by the shortest player on the roster, 6-foot-3 backup point guard Eric Maynor, who was following up his own shot. ... The Nets dominated in second-chance points: 17-0 at halftime and 21-6 for the game. ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz