Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

22.08.2019 10:35
MONTREAL -- Lars Eller and his young linemates picked a good time to break out of a slump. [url=http://www.authenticnygiantspro. Antworten

MONTREAL -- Lars Eller and his young linemates picked a good time to break out of a slump. Doug Kotar Giants Jersey . Eller and Alex Galchenyuk each had a goal and two assists and Brendan Gallagher had two points as the Montreal Canadiens ended a four-game winless run with a 4-2 victory over the New York Islanders on Sunday night. All three started the season on fire but cooled off in recent weeks, so a big game and a much-needed win was just what their line and the Canadiens needed. "When youre losing and you want to help the team by scoring, it takes a toll on you," said Eller, who had picked up only two assists in the 12 previous games. "But there was never any panic. "In a lot of the games we played well and were creating chances. The puck just wasnt going in. Today it did and it was nice to get a win." Michael Bournival also scored for Montreal (9-8-1), as Canadiens coach Michel Therrien earned his 250th career NHL win. Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Brock Nelson had goals for the Islanders (6-9-3), who ended a four-game road trip without earning a point. The Islanders were playing a second game in less than 24 hours and were without recently acquired forward Thomas Vanek, who suffered an upper-body injury in a 5-2 loss Saturday night in Columbus. "Everyone finds a way to do what they have to do at this level," said Nelson, who sat out the Columbus game. "I think everyone did a good job. We had good energy from the start, so I dont think it was a factor." The Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher unit had a combined 19 points through Montreals first five games of the season, but points have been harder to come by of late as the entire team struggled to put the puck in the net. The squad had only seven goals in the four previous games. But everything clicked together against the struggling Islanders. "For some reason we just have that chemistry," said Eller, who has been briefly moved to other lines at times recently to try to shake up the attack. "Things just come naturally. "Everybodys playing on their instincts, so theres not too much hesitation." It started with the opening goal 1:46 into the second period when Galchenyuk sent Gallagher in on the right side for a wrist shot that beat backup goalie Kevin Poulin, who started in place of Evgeni Nabokov. Ellers turn came at 16:34 on a power play when he one-timed Galchenyuks cross-ice pass inside the far post from the right circle. Galchenyuk got his goal at 10:37 of the third frame as he completed a tic-tac-toe play with his linemates, tipping the puck in from the edge of the crease after Gallagher had caused a turnover in the New York zone. The line combined for 10 of Montreals 31 shots. New York shot 26 at Carey Price. "They did a lot of a good things as well as contributing on offence," said Therrien. "I like how they pressured the puck carrier and created a lot of turnovers." New Yorks penalty killing woes on their road trip continued as Montreal went 2 for 5 with the man advantage. The Isles killed only nine-of-17 penalties in the four games. The good news was their power play scored twice, ending an 0-for-22 drought spanning their previous seven games. Bouchard beat Price with a shot from the top of the left circle to tie the game 1-1 at 7:23 of the second frame. And Nelson saw a John Tavares pass from behind the net go in off his skate 4:10 into the third. The goal passed video review. "I knew I got a little piece of my stick on it and I felt it hit my foot, but I knew I didnt kick it in any way," the rookie centre said of his second career goal. "It was kind of a lucky bounce." Notes -- Montreal forward Travis Moen left after the first period with a flu. . . . Forward Gabriel Dumont was called up from AHL Hamilton to play and George Parros sat out. . . . IIHF president Rene Fasel was in attendance, as was former Soviet goaltending great Vladislav Tretiak, who was applauded by the Bell Centre crowd. . . . Hard times for struggling Canadiens centre David Desharnais: Even new Montreal mayor Denis Coderre tweeted that he should be given a one-way ticket to Hamilton. Eli Manning Giants Jersey . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. Julian Love Jersey . The Canadian tennis players first full season on the WTA Tour was a strong one. She has risen to No. 32 in the world rankings and will likely be seeded at the first Grand Slam event of the 2014 season. http://www.authenticnygiantspro.com/Michael-strahan-giants-jersey/ . Quarterback Drew Willy appeared to injure his throwing hand on the third last play of practice Thursday.MEDICINE HAT, Alta. - Trevor Cox scored two goals and Marek Langhamer made 43 saves to lift the Medicine Hat Tigers over the Kootenay Ice 4-1 in Game 7 of their second round Western Hockey League playoff series Wednesday. Cole Sanford had a goal and two assists, and Steve Owre also scored for the Tigers, who will play the Edmonton Oil Kings in the Eastern Conference final starting Friday. Oshane Ximines Womens Jersey. Landon Peel scored the lone goal for the Ice, just 51 seconds into the game. Kootenays Mackenzie Skapski stopped 24 shots in the losing effort. ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz