Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 42 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
elaine95 Offline

02.11.2019 10:17
e game is the most expensive wild-card ticket on the secondary market. He said he saw Tennessee-Kansas City tickets available fo Antworten

NASHVILLE Tytus Howard Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Let’s talk quarterbacks. As in potential backup quarterbacks in the NFL, and maybe starters down the road.Eleven quarterbacks were chosen in the three rounds of the draft. The trio that went in the opening round — No. 1 overall Kyler Murray to Arizona, No. 6 Daniel Jones to the Giants, and No. 15 Dwayne Haskins to Washington — figure to be starters someday, perhaps soon.Murray goes to a team that traded away its first-round QB from last year, Josh Rosen, to clear the path for the Heisman Trophy winner. New coach Kliff Kingsbury was an offensive mastermind at Texas Tech with an offense that fits Murray’s dynamic skills.Jones will sit, though no one knows for how long, behind Eli Manning in New York. He was chosen to succeed the two-time Super Bowl winner, of course.Haskins could grab the job in D.C. because incumbent Alex Smith is not expected to recover sufficiently from major leg injuries to be available in 2019. Last season’s backup, Colt McCoy, also broke his leg. So the Redskins traded for Denver’s Case Keenum, but that looks like a stopgap.As for the rest of those 11 passers, they all went to clubs with established veteran starters except for Trace McSorley. The resourceful Penn State QB landed Saturday in Baltimore, which moved from Joe Flacco to 2018 first-rounder Lamar Jackson in the middle of last season.McSorley is a similar player in style to Jackson, so the marriage there could result in a second-string job for him.“I’ve seen him play against Michigan a few times and looked pretty good,” said Ravens coach John Harbaugh, whose brother, Jim Rock Ya-Sin Jersey , coaches the Wolverines. “I hated him then, now I love him. He’s our kind of guy. … He’s gritty and tough and that’s what we look for.”Playing time for the others is, well, a long shot.Missouri’s Drew Lock went to Denver, which recently acquired Flacco. West Virginia’s Will Grier was taken by Carolina, where Cam Newton reigns. North Carolina State’s Ryan Finley will be behind Andy Dalton in Cincinnati. Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham is with New England, where he might have to wait a decade for Tom Brady to retire. North Dakota State’s Easton Stick, the successor to Carson Wentz at that school, wound up with the Chargers. Northwestern’s Clayton Thorson went to Philadelphia, where Wentz is ensconced.Jacksonville selected Washington State’s Gardner Minshew, and the Jags now have the guy who so memorably replaced an injured Wentz in Philadelphia and won a Super Bowl, Nick Foles. The Jaguars actually have five QBs now: Foles, Cody Kessler, Tanner Lee, Alex McGough and Minshew.The Jags noted how smart Minshew is. He certainly can count.“Yes, you will sit down with him and (realize) this guy could be a coach. It is impressive,” Jaguars director of college scouting Mark Ellenz said. “We interviewed him at the combine, a formal interview, and he was at the Senior Bowl also http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-ben-banogu-jersey , but he is a sharp dude.”Stidham goes where the league’s oldest quarterback resides, of course.“I don’t think I feel any pressure,” he said. “It’s an awesome opportunity to learn from a guy like Tom. He’s played so much, he’s seen everything, he’s won a lot, there’s just so many intangibles that I want to soak up from him. I’m sure everybody wants to be as good as Tom Brady someday …”Thorson compares his situation to previous experiences.“It’s kind of just like high school,” he said. “Going to college, you come in as the guy and obviously there are other guys there. I learned from Trevor Siemian my freshman year of college. I’m really looking forward to getting in there and learning from Nate (Sudfeld, the current backup) and Carson. … Just keeping myself ready to go at any moment.”His peers would do well to have the same approach wherever they wound up.The third and final day of this NFL draft as memorable for the scene, the music and the passion of the folks in Nashville began Saturday with Arizona selecting Iowa State wide receiver Hakeem Butler. The last four rounds rarely have much intrigue, but still drew thousands of folks to downtown Nashville.Approximately 500,000 people attended the three days of the draft, packing Broadway to hear the picks, listen to the tunes in the honky tonks — and by Tim McGraw in a rousing concert Friday night — and make this “selection meeting” unlike anything the NFL has seen. Later Saturday, following the final pick, Dierks Bentley took the stage.Nashville’s performance likely puts it firmly in the NFL’s mind for a repeat; Las Vegas is on tap next year for the draft.“Far outkicked our coverage, our dreams, our thoughts,” said Butch Spyridon Khari Willis Jersey , president and CEO of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. “Way bigger than anything we could’ve imagined.”The first special teamer went to San Francisco, which drafted Utah punter Mitch Wishnowsky at No. 110. Oddly, the next such player taken was his teammate, placekicker Matt Gay by Tampa Bay 35 spots later.Wishnowsky actually can punt with both legs.“I mean, I can kick with my left foot decent,” he said. “It’s nothing pretty. I definitely prefer to put it on the right, but if necessary, I can throw it on the left and maybe get something out of it.”Tight end Caleb Wilson got something out of the very end of the draft. He was Mr. Irrelevant, the 254th and final selection. The pick was announced by Titans kicker Ryan Succop, who was the last pick in 2009 and, with a decade in the pros, has been the most successful Mr. Irrelevant. Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan felt the organization ”lacked football IQ” in previous years.

So Khan hired two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Tom Coughlin to handle all football-related decisions.

With Coughlin calling the shots, the Jaguars (10-6) made the postseason for the first time since 2007 and will host a playoff game for the first time since January 2000.

”It’s a structure that’s been unsuccessful in the past, but for me, what I felt we lacked was football IQ,” Khan said Thursday, three days before Jacksonville hosts Buffalo (9-7) in an AFC wild-card game. ”And you can’t just say, `Let me go to craigslist or Backpage.com and get some football IQ.’ You want somebody who really it’s not just a job, it’s a passion Josh Allen Jersey , emotion and a drive. Nobody really personifies that better than Tom Coughlin.”

Khan wasn’t sure how the front-office dynamic would work with Coughlin and new coach Doug Marrone joining carry-over general manager Dave Caldwell.

Coughlin and Marrone changed the culture almost overnight and improved the roster by signing the best free-agent class in franchise history.

”The norm is these things don’t work,” Khan said. ”The short answer is: How do you get people together who are going to pull toward one goal, which is winning, and not be focused on, `Hey, is this right? Who gets the credit? Who gets the blame?’ This was the one time for us to really get that right.”

The Jaguars appear headed in the right direction, with a young and talented roster that appears built to be competitive for several years.

”I think it turned out better than probably, certainly, I thought it would,” Khan said. ”And really the credit is to (Coughlin). I can tell you he never asked for the 53-man roster. It was my idea, `Tom, that means nothing changed. It’s maybe not good for Dave’s ego, but there has to be somebody in charge, and it needs to be you.'”

The biggest question entering the season was about quarterback Blake Bortles.

Jacksonville picked up the fifth-year option in his rookie deal, a decision that seemingly will keep Bortles under contract another year. He’s due to make $19 million in 2018.

The Jags made the move in May, after passing on available quarterbacks in free agency and in the draft.

”Maybe we’re not the biggest idiot on the football block,” Khan said. ”When his option was picked up, it was like, `What are these guys smoking?’ You’ve got to stay the course Parris Campbell Jersey , but yet you have to have the agility and the flexibility. You have to have both.

”The other thing with Blake is he’s really a nice guy. … He’s from the area, he’s a nice guy, he’s talented, he’s stayed healthy. He’s not a China doll. We are invested. We want him to be successful.”

Bortles completed 60 percent of his passes this season for 3,687 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His passer rating was up and his turnovers were down, and he did it without star receiver Allen Robinson. Bortles also had a running game that stalled late in the season and two rookie receivers playing in place of Robinson and Allen Hurns.

He said he managed to avoid thinking about the future by focusing on football.

”My goal is to play football in Jacksonville for as long as they let me, and in order to do that, we have to win football games,” Bortles said this week.

The biggest one in a decade comes Sunday at EverBank Field.

The Jaguars sold every ticket available with ease and even got permission from the NFL to remove tarps covering four sections in the upper deck to satisfy part of the demand.

”If one thing we have proven, it’s fans matter,” Khan said. ”They matter for us. We want them in the seats. … We want them showing up. We need the energy. If the Seattle and Houston games are example, it should be a notch up and it would be certainly (be) an incredible experience.”

Khan also said the Buffalo-Jacksonville game is the most expensive wild-card ticket on the secondary market. He said he saw Tennessee-Kansas City tickets available for $38, about $150 less than those for sale to see the Bills and Jaguars do something they haven’t done since 1999.

Buffalo in the playoffs for the first time since then and Jacksonville is hosting a playoff game for the first time since that same season.

”Could you imagine the hottest ticket in football is right here, selling for five, six times face value?” Khan said. ”Could you believe that happening in freaking Jacksonville?”

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz