Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
liny195 Offline

02.12.2019 03:28
Sende-hosed: Vikings safety flagged for penalty Antworten

despite “doing everything right” While most of the focus following the tie between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers was on the penalty called on Clay Matthews that allowed the purple to extend their game-tying drive Adam Thielen Jersey , on Wednesday our attention was placed on another penalty that could have, ultimately, decided that football game.And, according to one of the guys in the stripes themselves, never should have happened.In the third quarter of the game, Aaron Rodgers completed a pass to Davante Adams for a 16-yard gain that would have resulted in a first down. On the play, Vikings’ safety Andrew Sendejo was flagged for unnecessary roughness against Adams, a call that moved the ball into the red zone and, ultimately, set up a field goal for Green Bay. The hit appeared to be a perfectly legal one, but Sendejo was penalized for it.According to Mike Zimmer, per Courtney Cronin of ESPN Stefon Diggs Jersey , the penalty on Sendejo never should have happened. More precisely, not only did Sendejo do nothing wrong, he apparently did everything right, according to. . .the officials.“They just want us to throw the flag.”Well, that’s encouraging.I’ve got a crazy idea. How about rather than “just throwing the flag,” we throw flags when there are actual penalties involved, eh? Not because the NFL wants it or because you have some quota you need to meet or whatever. Flags for penalties, not for perfectly legal football plays, mmm-kay? EAGAN, Minn. — The Minnesota Vikings selected Alabama tight end Irv Smith Jr. with the 50th overall pick in the second round on Friday night, adding another potential field-stretching pass-catcher for quarterback Kirk Cousins.Smith became the fourth Alabama tight end drafted in the last eight years, with O.J. Howard the most recent in 2017 by Tampa Bay with the 19th overall pick in the first round. Smith is the son of former NFL tight end Irv Smith Harrison Smith Jersey , who played the first five of his seven seasons in the league with New Orleans after being drafted in the first round in 1993 out of Notre Dame.Vikings NFL Draft CoverageHow NFL draft affected Vikings’ 2019 opponentsMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL Draft gradesMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL draft capsulesVikings take fliers on CB Boyd, WR Mitchell, WR Johnson, LS Cutting in seventh roundVikings use sixth round to draft DT Watts, S Epps, OT UdohVikings draft USC linebacker Cameron Smith in fifth roundVikings trade up in fourth round, draft guard Dru SamiaVikings trade down four times, use third-round pick to select RB MattisonPotential Vikings Day 2 picks in 2019 NFL draftVikings select C Garrett Bradbury with 18th overall pick in 2019 NFL draft“Just seeing all his footballs, his helmets, his trophies, everything around the house, just seeing all that motivated me to put myself in the position I’m in today Dru Samia Minnesota Vikings Jerseys ,” Smith said, acknowledging on a conference call with reporters that, yes, his father had plenty to do with him settling at the same position.“He said, ‘You can either be a slow receiver or a fast tight end,'” Smith said. “I went with being a fast tight end, and it worked out.”With the Crimson Tide, Smith played sparingly as a freshman in 2016 while Howard was still a primary cog in the offense. For the 2017 national champions, Smith became more involved with 14 catches for 128 yards and three touchdowns. Then last year as a junior, he flourished with 44 receptions for 710 yards and seven scores. Smith ran the 40-yard dash in 4.63 seconds at the NFL scouting combine, the fourth-fastest among tight ends, and he was the third player off the board at his position after Iowa teammates T.J. Hockenson (eighth overall to Detroit) and Noah Fant (20th overall to Denver) went in the first round on Thursday night.“We can line him up wide. We can line him up in tight. We can use him in the backfield. He has a lot of versatility Minnesota Vikings Jerseys 2019 ,” Vikings director of college scouting Jamaal Stephenson said, adding: “We want to be more explosive on offense.”As a run blocker?“He’s OK. He’s a work in progress, more from that standpoint, but he’s certainly tough enough and willing, which are the two things you look for to project improvement,” Stephenson said.The Vikings have Kyle Rudolph and David Morgan for that, for now. The ninth-year veteran Rudolph has not missed a game in five seasons, is a bulwark in the community, has two Pro Bowl selections on his resume and is coming off a strong 2018, but he’s in the final year of his contract with a $7.625 million salary cap hit. Smith’s presence could make Rudolph expendable, should the Vikings seek more space under the cap.“All the best tight ends in the NFL and all the greats, they’re able to do both Infant Dru Samia Jersey , run block and make plays in the passing game, so it opens a lot for you and it helps a team in all phases of the game,” Smith said.Make no mistake, though. He’s here to create a mismatch by lining up in the slot and giving defenses concerned about wide receivers Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs pause about who to cover him with.“I believe no linebacker or safety one-on-one can stay with me, and I’m going to keep proving to people that’s how I feel,” Smith said.The Vikings picked North Carolina State center Garrett Bradbury in the first round on Thursday, shoring up their greatest need: the interior of the offensive line. The Vikings netted an additional sixth-rounder for Saturday by swapping spots in the third round with Detroit.

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz