Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Java
zxlbxj1 Offline

24.07.2018 10:09
Glen Gulutzan said Thursday t Antworten

When a fan tweeted at BC Lions defensive back Korey Banks on Wednesday that he was looking forward to him suiting up for the team in 2004, the player himself wasnt so sure. "@gjmarc: @24Banks hey man happy new year ... See you on the turf at BC Place in 2014!” (I dont know about that) we will see." Banks hopes to return to the Lions for a ninth season, but is preparing for life after the Lions. The 34-year old believes the Lions want him back, but is growing frustrated at the lack of progress towards reaching a contract extension. Banks is entering the option year of his deal, but like many CFL veteran players, has no intention of playing without an extension. The seven-time all-star, who doesnt use an agent, reached out repeatedly to the Lions front office, but isnt hearing much back. Lions GM Wally Buono is currently on his annual vacation in Hawaii, but has been known to regularly conduct business from there. Buono plans to return to Vancouver on January 15th, at which time he will sit down with Benevides and new defensive coordinator, Mark Washington, and take recommendations from his coaches on which returning players are biggest priorities and where the team must upgrade. "This will not be about money," said Buono. "If the coaches tell me that Korey is a player they must have to get this defense to play at a championship level then well get it (an extension) done. If their feeling is that there has been a loss of production that comes with age, or that he may not fit in as well with any potiential scheme changes, then well have to make a decision."Banks is one of a number of thirty-somethings on the Lions defense, including fellow defensive backs, Dante Marsh and Ryan Phillips, both of whom are expected to return for 2014. Keron Williams, scheduled to become a free agent in February, plans to explore NFL possibilities. Banks believes his value to the organization has been demonstrable. "Ive given a lot to this team. At least show me the respect of making a decision and letting me get on with things for my family," said Banks from his home in Atlanta. "Im not like the other guys, who have never played anywhere but BC. Im prepared to move on if I have to. Im sure I wont have a problem finding work with another team." Lions head coach Mike Benevides thinks the ball will rest in Bankss court. "I still believe Korey can play the game at a high level," said Benevides. "Hes a tremendous leader and provides value, but its a case right now of how he sees himself at this stage [of his career] and where he wants to be." Banks is also considering retirement. He has been approached about a number of coaching opportunities at the NCAA level, and says he could see himself going in that direction. Ultimately though, Banks still hopes to play at least one more season, but only if the price is right. He wont be surprised if the Lions ask him to take a reduced salary for 2014 but says, "I wont go through what Geroy (Simon) went through last year," referring to the drastic reduction in salary and role the CFLs all-time leading receiver was asked to take last year. Simon would eventually be traded to Saskatchewan, where he won his third Grey Cup in November. Its highly unlikely the Lions would ask Banks to take as drastic a pay cut as Simon was asked to, and given the makeup of CFL rosters, if he returns, he would almost certainly still be teams starting nickelback. But both Banks and Benevides acknowledge there are no guarantees and, as the Simon situation at this time last year showed, anything is possible. Jonathan Stewart Jersey .ca MLB Power Rankings, the third consecutive week that the As have held top spot and the third straight week that they have been one ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays. Saquon Barkley Giants Jersey . Heavily-criticized after allowing a dozen goals on 58 shots in two games in Boston, Luongo continued his dominance at home. Hes now allowed two goals in three home games in this series. http://www.shopnygiants.us/cody-latimer-jersey/. The Canadiens captain, who underwent surgery on his injured biceps in the off-season, had been skating with the team in a non-contact capacity since last week. Kyle Lauletta Jersey . 2015 Oscar nomination pending. Here is an open letter from Steven Stamkos to his fans: When I shot this final Moment Zero film last August, it was a fun few days on set with Coke Zero and Jordan Eberle in my hometown of Markham. Nate Solder Jersey . Assistant coach Glen Gulutzan said Thursday that Edler, who played Tuesday in Nashville, is out indefinitely.OEIRAS, Portugal -- Carlos Berlocq stormed back to beat top-seeded Tomas Berdych 0-6, 7-5, 6-1 and win the Portugal Open on Sunday for his second career title. The Argentine shook off his poor start to prevail in the two-hour match on outdoor clay by converting seven of his 10 break points. "Its a very strong, very beautiful feeling," he said. "It was a very special match for me. I didnt have any pressure to win and its not my culture to conform to expectations. "To win a title, and against a top-10 player, carries double merits. To close the match the way I did was very emotional." Berlocq earned a crucial late break in the second set to turn the match in his favour before breaking Berdych four more times to win the decider.dddddddddddd "In the second set, when I changed my tactics I saw the ball better, committed less errors and it opened the door," Berlocq said. Berlocq beat Milos Raonic in Fridays quarterfinal for his first win over a top-10 ranked opponent, and two days later he added his second by bettering the sixth-ranked Berdych. "The first set looks easy, but it doesnt show what was going on," Berdych said. "Carlos is a big fighter and he completely changed his game, finding a way to win." The 31-year-old Berlocqs only other career title came last year at Bastad, Sweden. Cheap Jerseys Store China Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys China NFL Gear ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz