Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
zxlbxj1 Offline

28.07.2018 04:06
Puig tried to throw the pitcher Antworten

SOCHI -- After the team photo had been snapped, after the Canadian players had taken off their game sweaters and pulled on their practice jerseys, Sidney Crosby and head coach Mike Babcock skated a few laps around the ice together and held what appeared to be a deep discussion. They looked each other in the eye. They made gestures with their hands. The two leaders were engaged. In fact, near the end of the conversation Babcock skated through a crease, while Crosby toured behind the net as a puck whizzed behind the back of the coachs head. He didnt even notice and kept on talking. “I think everybody has to adjust a little bit and was just making sure Im on the same page as far as what he expects and what he wants,” Crosby explained after Canadas second practice at the Bolshoy Ice Dome. “The offensive part and the skill that we have, I think that will come quicker then some of the adjustments we might make in the defensive zone. Defensive zone coverage was the topic of discussion between the two as they skated. Babcock and his coaching staff had shown the players a video in one of the many meetings the group has had since arriving in Sochi on Monday. Crosby wanted some clarification. “There was a little confusion there,” Babcock said. “We sorted it out. That gives me a chance tomorrow to sort it out with the group. “What weve tried to encourage is … if there is something as a player you dont feel or dont know, we encourage you to talk. The idea is to get everyone comfortable so we can play the game fast. When youre thinking you dont go fast. That was a good part of the process. Obviously, [Crosby] is a guy who is real comfortable and we want that from the captain. We want him to ask questions if there are any issues.” Crosby won a world junior title and steered the Rimouski Oceanic to a Memorial Cup final as a teenager. He was a Stanley Cup champion as a captain before his 22nd birthday and won an Olympic gold medal nine months later. Next chapter Now the 26-year-old Crosby has been asked to take over as captain for Scott Niedermayer, who had the captaincy in Vancouver four years ago, and write the next chapter in Canadian hockey leadership that stretches from the smooth-skating defenceman to Mario Lemieux and all the way back to Phil Esposito and beyond. ``I think youre much more used to things, youre a little wide-eyed that first time,” Crosby said. “The biggest thing I learned from a guy like Scotty is that he didnt really say that much, he just said the right thing at the right time. The way he carried himself and his whole demeanour that he had, his quiet confidence, it was really something that was felt throughout the whole room. ``The other thing here is that weve got a lot of guys who have played together not just the last Olympics but going back a ways, I think theres some trust there. And for the new guys coming in, you try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Were trying to do that. Thats the strength of Canada, guys always come together pretty quick. Thats instilled in us at an early age. I like that side of things for sure. Niedermayer was 37 when he captained Canada to gold in 2010. He retired a few months later. Mario Lemieux was 36 when he captained Canada to gold in 2002. He retired before the next Olympics. Does age matter when it comes to Olympic hockey leadership? Babcock likes the fact that Crosby will be surrounded by all the returnees from the Vancouver team. “The reality for me is we have 11 guys back from the last time who had success,” he said. “We have a new opportunity and we have to come up with a new identity. Does experience help in winning? Absolutely. Does the Olympics weigh in more than the guy who has won a Stanley Cup, I dont know that? “I know I like guys who have won because theyve been through it and done it right. You dont win unless youve done it right. In the details is whats going to separate. There is a whole bunch of teams with really good players. Someone is going to become a really good team and win the tournament. Thats what were going to try to do. Were going to try to get better each and every day so we can win.” Steve Yzerman Jersey . The 26-year-old slider from Calgary posted a time of 50.464 seconds, 0.573 seconds back of leader Natalie Geisenberger. The German led the overall World Cup womens standings this season and continued her dominance by putting down a track record time of 49. Nicklas Lidstrom Jersey .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/dylan-larkin-jersey/. Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Anthony Mantha Jersey . Tokarski, a somewhat controversial choice -- with his 10 games of NHL experience and all -- to replace an injured Carey Price in Game Two had a night to remember, turning back a Rangers team that was dominating play from the get-go, outshooting the Canadiens 14-4 in the first period and 37-25 overall. Trevor Daley Jersey . Portland won Game 4 Sunday night at the Moda Center and are now up 3-1. The last time the Blazers won a playoff series came in the 2000 Western Conference semifinals against the Utah Jazz.LOS ANGELES -- A.J. Burnett made a couple of mistakes with his pitches and gave up the lead in the seventh inning. That was nothing compared to the huge error Carl Crawford committed for the Dodgers in the 10th. Domonic Brown doubled home the go-ahead run after Crawfords miscue in left field, and the Philadelphia Phillies beat Los Angeles 3-2 Tuesday night. One night after Philadelphias Cliff Lee held the defending NL West champions to four hits through eight scoreless innings, Burnett took a four-hitter and a 2-1 lead into the seventh. But birthday boy Dee Gordon legged out a double to short right-centre with one out, stole third and scored when pinch-hitter Justin Turner singled to left on Burnetts 105th and final pitch. "I gave Gordon a little bit too much of the plate on that pitch and he put a good swing on it and hit it up the middle," Burnett said. "When he gets on base, he makes things happen. Hes an exciting player to watch, and I think him getting to third right there helped them was a big for them to tie it up." The right-hander allowed six hits, struck out four of his first eight batters and finished with five Ks in 6 2-3 innings. He also had a career-high three hits in three at-bats -- all singles against lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu, who allowed two runs and nine hits in six innings. "Im not here for my individual numbers. Im here to keep my team in it until skip takes me out," Burnett said. "If I win, thats fine. If I dont, thats fine. I just go about my job." Carlos Ruiz reached second base when his flyball to short left field glanced off Crawfords glove as shortstop Hanley Ramirez nearly collided with him. Brown followed with a drive to the fence in left-centre on a 1-1 pitch from J.P. Howell (1-2). "We both were coming hard and came up short," Crawford said. "Neither of us called for it. I didnt think it was clearly my ball. I was in no-doubles (mode), so thats a long run for me. But I still got to it. I just didnt catch it. It was one of those things where it didnt do our way that time." The error was the Dodgers 22nd in their first 21 games. &qquot;Its tough because were not hitting the way we want to right now, so defence is one of the things you have to do every day to help the pitchers out," said Crawford, who drove in the Dodgers first run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth.dddddddddddd "Things like that definitely make the errors more obvious, and you could see that it looks worse when it happens -- like tonight. Were not doing it right now in defence, so its something we definitely need to address." Antonio Bastardo (3-1) pitched a scoreless inning for the victory and Jonathan Papelbon got three outs for his sixth save, putting him within eight of 300. Burnett lined a single to right field leading off the third, and Yasiel Puig tried to throw the pitcher out without success. After Adrian Gonzalez took the throw, the 37-year-old pitcher stood on the bag and looked out at Puig with the palms of both hands facing downward as if to say: "Whoa, take it easy." "I knew he was going to do it," Burnett said. "I know how he plays the game. He plays the game hard and he looks for outs in the outfield when he can get them." Burnett didnt take it easy on Ryu, hitting another leadoff single in the fifth. He scored the games first run on a double by Marlon Byrd, and Ryan Howard followed with a sacrifice fly that drove in Ben Revere. Burnett got his third single of the game with two out in the sixth. Ramirez got some good news Tuesday, when Major League Baseball rescinded an error he was charged with April 13 on a grounder to shortstop by Arizonas Chris Owings and credited Owings with a hit. But Ramirez gave it right back in the Phillies second inning when he misplayed Browns grounder after a single by Howard. NOTES: Burnetts multihit game was his fifth in the majors -- all on the road. The other four came with the Marlins, most recently on Sept. 25, 2005, against Atlantas Jorge Sosa. ... Revere tied a career high with four hits, three of them against Ryu. ... Gonzalez was 0 for 3 with a walk, ending his 16-game hitting streak. ... Burnett was 0-4 with a 4.87 ERA in his previous four starts at Dodger Stadium. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz