Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
zxlbxj1 Offline

01.08.2018 04:01
e close to blocking a few punts Antworten

PHILADELPHIA -- Domonic Brown and the Phillies had a rare power surge. Brown homered, doubled and drove in three runs to lead Philadelphia to a 9-5 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Grady Sizemore had three hits, including the 1,000th of his career, with a double and an RBI for the Phillies, who entered 12th in the NL in runs. They scored at least nine for the eighth time this season and improved to 10-0 when reaching eight runs. "Real good swings of the bats, extra-base hits, bases on balls," manager Ryne Sandberg said. "It was a good night on the offensive side for the whole lineup." Kyle Kendrick (5-10) allowed three runs and six hits in 5 2-3 innings. It was the first win for Kendrick in his eighth career start against the Diamondbacks, giving the right-hander a victory over every NL team. Alfredo Marte hit his first career homer, a grand slam, and Aaron Hill had three hits for Arizona. Wade Miley (6-7) struggled for the first time this month, giving up six runs -- five earned -- and eight hits in five innings. "I felt good. I just didnt have it tonight," Miley said. Sandberg benched slumping slugger Ryan Howard for the third straight day in favour of Darin Ruf, who went 1 for 2 with an RBI. "He swung the bat aggressively, had some good at-bats," Sandberg said. The manager was noncommittal on whether Howard would return to the lineup Saturday. Miley won his previous three outings while striking out 19 in 20 2-3 innings with a 1.74 ERA. But he was off from the jump against the Phillies, and the five earned runs were the second-most hes allowed in a start this season. "He wasnt very good," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "He didnt have a good feel with his pitches." The left-hander laboured through the first inning when Philadelphia sent eight batters to the plate while taking a 2-0 lead on a bases-loaded walk to Carlos Ruiz and Browns groundout. It was 3-0 after the second thanks to Chase Utleys RBI single, and Philadelphia tacked on two more in the third on Rufs sacrifice fly and Cody Asches RBI single. "The game kind of got away in the third inning," Miley said. "That was on me." The Phillies looked in complete control when Ruf doubled and scored in the fifth. But Sandberg elected to lift Kendrick with the bases loaded and two outs in the sixth, and it backfired. Marte cleared the wall in left, his first homer in 68 career at-bats, against left-hander Antonio Bastardo to make it 6-4. "I wasnt looking to hit a homer, (but) it was a really good feeling for me," Marte said through a translator. "Im really happy just to get the opportunity." Bastardo came back out for the seventh but was lifted after consecutive singles with none out. Justin De Fratus then struck out three batters, leaving the bases loaded when he fanned Mark Trumbo for the final out. "That was a game-saving moment right there," Sandberg said. Trumbo, Arizonas big off-season acquisition who has battled injuries and offensive struggles, yanked his helmet off and threw his bat down in disgust after swinging through a 93 mph fastball. Trumbo, who entered hitting .191, went 0 for 4 to extend his slump to 3 for 24. Brown gave Philadelphia some cushion in the seventh when his two-run shot to right off right-hander Evan Marshall made it 8-4. It was just the seventh homer of the season and second since June 14 for Brown, who hit 27 homers in an All-Star season in 2013 but has seen a huge drop in production this year. Hes batting .291 in his last six games, though, and Sandberg hopes the homer will help. "He looks more relaxed, and a good swing of the bat with the home run should really build some confidence with tonights game," Sandberg said. NOTES: It took 35 seconds for umpires to confirm that Tuffy Gosewisch was safe at first on an infield hit in the ninth inning. ... A female fan sitting 10 rows behind the Phillies dugout was hit in the head by a foul ball off the bat of Marte in the eighth inning. After treating her for several minutes, medical personnel lifted her to the concourse on a wheelchair. ... Among the features on Christmas night in July, Santa Claus danced with the Phillie Phanatic between innings on the field. ... Arizona dropped to 3-14 in its last 17 games at Philadelphia. ... The series continues Saturday night with Diamondbacks righty Josh Collmenter (8-5, 3.64 ERA) facing Phillies lefty Cliff Lee (4-5, 3.67). Russell Bodine Jersey . She was 30. The former British No. 1 died peacefully surrounded by family and friends, the Womens Tennis Association said on its website. The Kyiv-born Baltacha, who represented Britain at the 2012 London Olympics, was diagnosed with the illness in January, two months after retiring from tennis and only weeks after she married her long-time coach Nino Severino. Chris Ivory Jersey .Johnny there, who knew he had that speed? teammate Tommy Wingels said.Scott and Matt Irwin were unlikely goal-scorers Tuesday night as the previously stingy San Jose Sharks finally sprung a leak or two, blowing a pair of three-goal leads before coming away with a 6-5 shootout victory over the Washington Capitals. http://www.billsauthoritystore.com/Authe...e-Bills-Jersey/. Hes just beginning to get similar results. The right-hander struggled after winning the honour in 2008 and 2009, but a retooling of his game has begun to pay off and has the San Francisco Giants thinking about the Lincecum of old. Jeremy Kerley Jersey . The 7-foot-1 Hawes, who is in the final year of his contract, is averaging 13 points and 8.5 rebounds, both career highs, and shoots 40 per cent from 3-point range. The 25-year-old Hawes is in his seventh NBA season. Jeremy Kerley Bills Jersey . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma.DAVIE, Fla. - Dion Jordan might have found a spot at linebacker for the Miami Dolphins.Drafted as a defensive end, Jordan showed a knack for the linebacker position last week in Miamis 37-35 victory over the Minnesota VikingsJordans versatility and unique athletic skills made him attractive enough to Miami in 2013 to trade up to the third overall pick. But a lingering shoulder injury limited his snaps as a rookie and he was suspended for the first six games of this season for use of banned substances.With four-time Pro Bowl player Cam Wake and Olivier Vernon ahead of him at defensive end, Jordan has been used in specially designed speed rush packages and to cover the bigger tight ends in the division like New Englands Rob Gronkowski.The nice thing about him is we can put him at a linebacker and he can drop in coverage, or we can put him at linebacker and he can rush, coach Joe Philbin said. They (the opponents) have to figure out how they can count him, so to speak, in terms of their offensive identification system.I think thats one advantage of having him out there is it creates a little bit of indecision and sometimes he can play man-to-man, he can play zone, he can rush the quarterback. I think his versatility and flexibility is a big advantage for us defensively.Prior to the Minnesota gamee, Jordan had made the most impact on special teams covering kickoffs and being an intimidating force on opposing punters with his length and quickness.dddddddddddd The 6-foot-6, 275-pounder has come close to blocking a few punts and he had the Vikings long snapper worried enough to force an errant snap that led to Terence Fedes blocked punt for a safety that won the game.Jordan also had his first sack of the season, dropping Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater in the third quarter on a drive that ended in an interception. The Dolphins scored the go-ahead touchdown after that turnover and Jordan saw his most extensive time at outside linebacker the rest of the way.We ran a lot of the same plays that we ran while at defensive end, so I understood the calls, said Jordan, who had two solo tackles and three special teams tackles to go along with the sack. I just had to execute what they asked me to do and make the plays when they came.I did a lot of these things in college (at Oregon) and Im not that far removed. I still understand. All I have to do is make sure I was where Im designed to be in the defence, and whenever the play is there just make the play.The linebacker experiment will continue for Jordan on Sunday against the New York Jets in the season finale for both teams. Cheap Jerseys Store Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Black Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz