Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 31 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
zhanjiao1212 Offline

02.08.2018 03:40
g." And that means shooting more rather than trying to make an abundance of fancy passes. Perron has taken a team-high 98 shots Antworten

HONOLULU, Hawaii - Webb Simpson made his debut with a conventional putter Thursday at the Sony Open and might have wished he had used one sooner. Melky Cabrera Jersey .One year away from the new rule that outlaws anchored strokes, Simpson ditched his belly putter for a regular one for his 2015 debut and ran off eight birdies over his last 10 holes for an 8-under 62 that gave him a share of the lead with Paul Casey.David Hearn, from Brantford, Ont., sits in 23rd spot and is the top Canadian through the first 18 holes after shooting a 3-under 67. Nick Taylor, of Moose Jaw, Sask., and Calgarys Roger Sloan are tied for 70th after shooting even par. Graham DeLaet, from Weyburn, Sask., shot a 2-over 72 and is in 111th position while Adam Hadwin, who resides in Abbotsford, B.C., is in 126th place with a 3-over 73. On a day that made the 144 players feel they were in paradise with sunshine and barely a breeze, Simpson and Casey led the low scoring at Waialae.What set them apart is how they got there — Simpson with his conventional putter, Casey with his return to Honolulu for the first time in a decade.Today was a big day for me, Simpson said. I was extremely nervous — first round on the PGA Tour with a short putter. But I just had a couple (Bible) verses in my yardage book today that I kept reading, and I stayed calm. All thanks to God for giving me strength to just get through today.Today was a hurdle I felt like I needed to get over, and just real thankful.Camilo Villegas would have joined them at 62 except for failing to make birdie on the par-5 18th hole. He shot 29 on the front at Waialae before cooling slightly for a 63. Robert Streb also had a 63, the low score from the afternoon.Rory Sabbatini had a 64, while Jason Day, Matt Kuchar were in the group at 65. Defending champion Jimmy Walker played in the afternoon and was in the large group at 66.Casey says he gave up his European Tour membership to concentrate on playing the PGA Tour, spending time with his newborn son and getting his game back into the top 50 in the world. He hasnt played in a Ryder Cup since 2008. He hasnt been in the top 50 in nearly three years.And thats why it has been 10 years since he has been at the Sony Open. He typically is starting his season in the Middle East.For as long as Ive been professional Ive been a member of the European Tour, Casey said. For a long, long time now, Ive been trying to play both the PGA Tour and the European Tour, and some years Ive done it brilliantly, and other years Ive failed miserably, and I just didnt want to keep putting myself in kind of a position where Im struggling to fly around the world.Playing both tours is easier from inside the top 50, which effectively guarantees four majors and four World Golf Championships. Casey, who won the Dutch Open last year, is now at No. 78.Simpson said he stopped off in Las Vegas to work with Butch Harmon on his way to Hawaii to make sure he was up so speed with swing changes he made in the fall. But this day was all about his putter. He won the U.S. Open in 2012 with the belly putter, which has been his club since the fall of 2004 when he was at Wake Forest. And he used it last fall in Japan, but there was something about a PGA Tour event that made him nervous.It was one of my best putting rounds Ive ever had, to be honest, he said. Ive been putting well with it, but its easy to putt well at your home course playing with your biddies. So today there was a lot of pressure. Didnt sleep that great last night, but had a good morning, talked to my wife, good warmup, and it was big to see a few putts go in early. Real thankful for how the day unfolded.He made four birdie putts of at least 15 feet on his front nine, a pace that will be tough to maintain all week.DIVOTS: Geoff Ogilvy made his first hole-in-one on the PGA Tour with a 5-iron from 211 yards on the fourth hole. He said he has made five or six aces on other tours. The ace only helped so much. He opened with a 69. ... Simpsons 28 tied the front-nine record at Waialae set by Toshinori Muto three years ago. ... Of the five Champions Tour players in the field, Kenny Perry led the way at 67, while Paul Goydos shot 69. Vijay Singh had a 71, and Davis Love III and Fred Funk each had a 72. All but Singh are going over to the Big Island next week to start the Champions Tour season. Singh did not get an exemption. Chris Sale Jersey . Jesus Navas bookended yet another huge home win for City by scoring after 14 seconds and again in second-half stoppage time, with Sergio Aguero also netting in each half to add to an own goal by Sandro and a brilliant strike by Alvaro Negredo. Carlton Fisk Jersey .Y. - The Buffalo Sabres reassigned forward Sam Reinhart to the WHLs Kootenay Ice on Friday. http://www.authenticbaseshopwhitesox.com/ . -- Navy football player Will McKamey, who has been hospitalized since collapsing at practice three days ago, has died while in a coma.EDMONTON - Theyve got three of their own No. 1 draft picks on their roster but its a former St. Louis Blues first-round selection who has quietly emerged as the Edmonton Oilers leading scorer. Edmonton picked up David Perron from St. Louis last summer, and the 2007 first-round selection, despite missing four games with a neck injury, has 12 goals and 25 points for the Oilers (10-18-3, 23 points). Whats more, the 25-year-old is just one of three players on the squad not on the negative side of the plus-minus rating. "Its only 25-30 games so I dont want to go ahead of schedule," said the native of Sherbrooke, Que. "I want to keep going, keep working hard and help this team. "I like the way its going lately with the team and with a lot of the individual play so we have to keep it up." But Edmonton first-year coach Dallas Eakins said Perron is more than just an offensive player. The Oilers landed Perron from the Blues for Swedish-born forward Magnus Paajarvi and a 14 second-round pick. "I love his competitiveness," Eakins said. "As much skill as he has, hes got that little bit of nasty in him." Eakins adds the seven-year veteran has wasted no time becoming a leader in the dressing room. However, the six-foot, 198-pound Perron admits hes frustrated with the Oilers inconsistent play this season. "I dont know if its a roller coaster but thats not the way were trying to build," said Perron. "I know its frustrating for everybody but were trying not to get on that roller coaster. "Were trying to stay on an even keel. Were trying to find that good balance." Thats been difficult for an Edmonton team thats alternated wins with losses over its last eight games. The Oilers continue their five-game homestand Tuesday night hosting the Carolina Hurricanes. At no time, perhaps, was their inconsistency more evident than their two games last week — a 6-2 lloss to Phoenix on Tuesday, then an 8-2 win over Colorado on Thursday. Brett Lawrie Jersey. The Oilers followed that up with a 2-1 overtime loss to Calgary and the frustration of being unable to score led to another breakdown in the system that resulted in a lot of unsuccessful individual play. "I dont know if its a case of (players) saying it doesnt matter what the system is, Im going to do it myself but theres just too many turnovers," said Perron, who is third on the team in penalty minutes. "Its probably throughout the year some of these guys are so good its almost like, and Im guilty of it once and while also, that you want to show you can take care of the game, you want to step up and be the difference maker. "I know we want to make plays but we have to be smart and keep plays going." And that means shooting more rather than trying to make an abundance of fancy passes. Perron has taken a team-high 98 shots so that wouldnt appear to be an issue for him. "My first two years when Andy Murray was my coach (in St. Louis), he was saying Youre selfish when you dont shoot the puck because the team needs you to shoot the puck, " said Perron. "The first couple of years I was like, what is he talking about? "But sometimes it does make sense. When you overpass it when you have a lane to shoot, whats the point? You have to put it there (on net)." Perron scored 13, 15 and 20 goals his first three NHL campaigns before injuries restricted him to just 115 games from 2010 to 13. Still, he had a career-best 21 goals in 57 contests with the Blues in 2011-12. Perron said while many of the young Oilers are great playmakers, they also have greats shots that they dont make enough use of. "When (Ryan Nugent-Hopkins) has the puck and hes on a 2-on-1, I know hes going to try to make a play," Perron said. "But if he sees something he has to try to go for it." Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys From China Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz