Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Sonstiges
zxlbxj1 Offline

02.08.2018 03:59
Gasquet next plays third-seeded Antworten

GRAPEVINE, Texas -- Commissioner Bud Selig expects baseball owners to vote next week from a list of three candidates for his successor. "Yes, there will be a vote in Baltimore," Selig said Wednesday, referring to the owners meeting next week. Selig said the seven-member panel appointed earlier this year, and headed by St. Louis Cardinals chairman Bill DeWitt Jr., worked independently to get to this point. "I told them at the time that the job was theirs because, after all, they have to live the commissioner. Im going to be gone," said Selig, who is retiring in January. "Ive been very well-informed and briefed and so forth, but theyve been independent and theyve come up with this list on their own, and Im grateful for that. They did what I asked them to do." The reported finalists for the job are Rob Manfred, MLBs chief operating officer; Tim Brosnan, MLBs executive vice-president for business and Boston Red Sox chairman Tom Werner. When asked about those names, Selig said "the list is accurate." The commissioner has refrained from publicly endorsing anyone as his replacement after 22 years on the job. Selig spoke to reporters after addressing the opening luncheon for the 2014 Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) World Series, which will feature about 300 players ages 13-18 with 16 teams playing in the Dallas-Fort Worth area this week. The gathering came a day after the former clinic owner accused of selling performance-enhancing drugs to Alex Rodriguez agreed to plead guilty in what prosecutors called a wide-ranging conspiracy to distribute steroids to both major league ballplayers and high school athletes. With potentially more legal proceedings related to Biogenesis, after former owner Anthony Bosch and six others were charged, there is always the possibility of additional names being revealed. "Im really not concerned," Selig said. "We did what we had to do. Well be very thorough. ... I dont really have any knowledge if theres anything else coming. "Look, Im proud of where we are," he said. "We have the toughest drug testing program in America, and certain American sports." It was a year ago this week that Rodriguez was among 13 players disciplined by Major League Baseball as a result of the Biogenesis scandal, two weeks after Ryan Braun had already accepted a 65-game penalty. Most of the other penalties were for the final 50 games last season, though Rodriguez appealed his much longer suspension and is out for all of this season. Selig planned later Wednesday to visit the Rangers ballpark in nearby Arlington on his tour of the 30 franchises. He also planned to visit with Dr. Bobby Brown, who practiced cardiology in the Dallas-Fort Worth area before serving as vice-president of the Texas Rangers and later the AL president from 1984-94. "Ive been so busy and things have been so hectic that I havent really had a chance to focus on (pending retirement). Next November, December and January, Im sure Ill do a lot of that," Selig said. "I try not to think about that, I really dont. Yeah, there are a few times when Ive said to myself, well, this is the last time youll do this. And this is the last time Ill do this. I think the emotion will come later." Zach Randolph Jersey . The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. Bryant Reeves Jersey . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France. http://www.grizzliesbasketballpro.com/Lo...izzlies-Jersey/. PETERSBURG, Fla. Tony Allen Grizzlies Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Bryant Reeves Grizzlies Jersey .com) - The Minnesota Twins made it official on Wednesday, announcing the signing of outfielder Torii Hunter to a one-year contract.GREEN BAY, Wis. - Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly has been ejected in the third quarter of Sundays game against the Green Bay Packers.Last seasons Defensive Player of the Year appeared to swing a leg in the direction of Green Bay tight end Richard Rodgers as he was getting up after scrambling for a fumble that was recovered by the Packers at the Carolina 37.Kuechly swung his arms and seemed agitated as he was restrained from behind by back judge Steve Freeman.dddddddddddd The linebacker calmed down when he turned around and saw the official, who threw a flag with about two minutes left in the quarter.Green Bay ended up getting a 34-yard field goal on the drive to extend its lead to 38-3.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Wholesale Jerseys From China Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz