Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Frage oder Probleme zum Chat
zxlbxj1 Offline

03.08.2018 03:37
ust trying to survive each Antworten

CALGARY -- The misery continued for the goal-starved Calgary Flames on Thursday night. Jaroslav Halak made 33 saves and St. Louis got goals from five different players as the Blues ran their win streak to seven in a row with a 5-0 victory over the slumping Flames, who were shut out for the fifth time in the last seven games. The two teams last met on Dec. 23. In that game, also played at the Scotiabank Saddledome, the Flames came from behind for a dramatic 4-3 victory. Calgarys offence has completely dried up since, scoring just five times in seven games -- four coming Monday in a 4-3 win in Colorado. In the Flames last five games at home theyve mustered only one goal, on Dec. 31 by rookie Sean Monahan. "We got outplayed in pretty much every facet of the game tonight," said Flames winger Lee Stempniak, who has no goals in his last 15 games. "Im a big believer in earning your breaks and earning your luck out there. We havent been playing well enough to get those chances." Flames coach Bob Hartley said the slump is taking its toll. "To score goals, thats the toughest thing to do in the NHL," Hartley said. "I feel for my players because I see them work every day. For many players, its pretty tough to ask more than what theyre giving us right now. They care, I see them basically mentally destroyed after some games but were proud and were going to keep fighting." Stempniak said hes never been a part of a scoring drought like this. "Individually, guys go through some tough times but never something that affected the whole team," Stempniak said. "You just have to think youre going to get out of it and believe youre going to get out of it." Coming off a 6-0 road loss Tuesday in Phoenix, Calgary got off to a quick start with a 4-1 edge in shots three minutes into the game. However, Stempniak and Dennis Wideman then took consecutive minor penalties and although the Blues failed to score, they began to apply pressure. With the games momentum having turned back in their favour, St. Louis took a 1-0 lead when Chris Stewart scored 18 seconds after Widemans penalty expired. Vladimir Sobotka scored just over two minutes later and that would turn out to be more than enough offence for Halak, who improved to 18-6-3. "Especially in the first period, they had a few chances that got me into the game," said Halak, who has three shutouts this season and 28 in his career. "Then we started playing better and we didnt give them pretty much any chances the rest of the first." Halak was at his best in the second period when the Blues were outshot 15-10 but scored the only goal. Recently named to the Slovakian Olympic team, Halak hadnt played since getting pulled after the first period on Dec. 28 after getting beaten three times on 13 shots against Chicago. Recently, Halak has been battling illness. "When you go through the sickness, youre low on energy and you get tired all the time but now, Im trying to work my way back. Im not 100 per cent back with my energy yet but I battled through it and it was a big win for us," said Halak. Ian Cole, Alex Pietrangelo and Vladimir Tarasenko also scored for St. Louis (31-7-5). The Blues pull even in points with Chicago atop the Central Division. The Blues have three games in hand. "Jaro had to be there in the second period for us. They make it 3-1 or 3-2, shes a different game in the third. He shut the door and good on him," said Blues coach Ken Hitchcock. Calgary (15-23-6) has lost five home games in a row in regulation for the first time since March 7-31, 2000. "We said right from the start that we were starting a rebuild," Hartley said. "Were hitting major speed bumps right now and overall if we look at the positive side, theyre tough lessons but thats going to make us better." The Flames are 28th in the NHL, three points up on Edmonton and seven ahead of Buffalo. "We have lots of young players that are in a major school right now. Theyre in the best hockey league in the world and sometimes, things dont go their way but we keep putting them out there and they battle hard," Hartley said. "Thats the No. 1 criteria. I want to see the compete level of the 20 guys in the lineup in every game. We will not accept mediocre commitment. Obviously, the results arent what we want to be but at the same time, we will not lower the expectations of this organization at any point." Karri Ramo finished with 24 stops to fall to 7-8-3. Perhaps surprisingly, as the game ended, there was minimal booing from the Saddledome crowd, who seemed to show indifference instead. Despite many rows of empty seats in the upper levels, the crowd was announced as a sellout of 19,289. Notes: With points in their last 10 (9-0-1), the Blues are one back of their team record of 11 (10-0-1), which was set Jan. 21, 1999 to March 4, 2000 ... David Jones (eye) did not play for the Flames. Hes missed three games. Calgarys only healthy scratch was D Derek Smith ... In the last 11 games, the Flames have only led for 15 minutes 25 seconds -- all of that coming in its only regulation win ... Calgarys power play is 1 for 20 in the last seven games. That stretch has come without Kris Russell (knee), who missed his eighth game. Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey ." The game can be seen live on TSN starting with Monday Night Countdown at 6:30 p.m et/3:30 p.m. pt. The Patriots, who had a bye in Week 10, will look to continue the offensive success they had a week earlier when New England scored 55 points and racked up 610 yards of total offense in a 55-31 drubbing of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jimmy Graham Packers Jersey . It has been eleven years, eight months, and 261 days since I played my last CFL game. http://www.officialpackersteamgears.com/...ckson-jersey/.Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova. JK Scott Jersey . He learned about pressure and expectations at the 2010 Games in his hometown of Vancouver. His next mission is to build on that experience at his next Olympic appearance in Sochi, where he plans to ride the momentum from the teams strong start to the season. Jaire Alexander Packers Jersey . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. ARLINGTON, Texas -- Adrian Beltre homered for the first time at home in more than a month, then got back to the Texas dugout to find his teammates seemingly nodding off. "I cant blame them. Its been a long time," Beltre said. His solo shot in the sixth put the Rangers ahead to stay in a 3-2 victory over Houston on Tuesday night that kept them close in the wild-card race. "But hopefully thatll be the beginning of a couple this week," Beltre said. "Not because I hit a homer, but because it was a good spot to hit it." With five games left in the regular season, Texas remained a game behind Cleveland for the ALs second wild-card spot. Tampa Bay is a game ahead of the Indians in a crowded pack. The Astros lost their 11th straight game, their 107th overall to match the franchise record set last year. Once Beltre started jostling a few of his teammates, they jumped up and started celebrating with him. "The guys fell out and went to sleep because they hadnt seen him do something like that in a long time. He put them to sleep," manager Ron Washington said. "I was the only one who greeted him. That home run was huge right there. We certainly needed and it couldnt have got it as a bigger time." Beltres 29th homer snapped a 2-all tie with one out in the sixth. That came after Yu Darvish gave up the lead in the top half of the inning. The AL leader with 193 hits, Beltre hadnt homered since Aug. 28 at Seattle. His last at home had been Aug. 20, also against the Astros. Neal Cotts (6-3) struck out two in a scoreless inning after taking over for Darvish. Joe Nathan, the fourth reliever, worked a perfect ninth for his 41st save in 44 chances. Matt Dominguez homered for the Astros, and rookie Brad Peacock (5-6) struck out seven in six innings while allowing three runs and six hits. "I felt like he threw the ball outstanding," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "Even the home Beltre hit was a fastball down. Youve got to tip your cap to him." The Rangers are 16-2 this season against Houston, winning the last 10. Its the most wins Texas has ever had in a season against one team. Darvish threw 101 pitches but failed to get passt the sixth inning for the third time his five starts in September, even while going over 200 innings for the season.dddddddddddd The right-hander also immediately gave up a Rangers lead for the fifth time this year. Texas went ahead 2-1 in the fifth when Craig Gentry had a leadoff single before a sacrifice bunt by Leonys Martin and a run-scoring hit by Ian Kinsler. Gentry scored while third baseman Matt Dominguez cut off left fielder Marc Krauss throw and threw out Kinsler trying to get to second. Dominguez then led off the top of the sixth with a homer that ricocheted off the left-field foul pole. It was his 21st of the season, and third off Darvish. Two batters later, Darvish was gone after walking Trevor Crowe, a .231 hitter, for the second consecutive time. "I was just trying to survive each inning and try to do the best I can in that situation and thats it," Darvish said through his translator. "The most important thing right now is to win a game. I was able to keep us in the game, and thats all I can say." Darvish struck out nine and walked four while allowing four hits in 5 1-3 innings. Twice this season, Darvish took no-hit bids against Houston into the eighth inning. The Astros loaded the bases in the first on Jose Altuves single and two walks, and Chris Carters sacrifice made it 1-0. "When you get a guy like that on the ropes you want to get three or four runs," Porter said. Beltre drew a leadoff walk in the fourth and scored on Geovany Sotos single to tie it at 1. The big blow came two innings later, a shot into the left-field seats. "Apparently I found out a way today. Its been a long time," Beltre said. "It felt good. It felt really good, I havent had that feeling in a long time." NOTES: Texas won 15 games against Seattle in 2011. ... The last MLB team with at least 16 wins against the same opponent was Boston, which went 16-2 against Baltimore in 2009. ... Suspended Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz, who would be eligible for the playoffs, was 5 for 15 with a homer in this first four instructional league games in Arizona. ... Rangers RF Alex Rios, who hit for the cycle Monday, stole his 40th base. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz