Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Computer
jokergreen0220 Offline

14.08.2018 05:25
at least in the short t Antworten

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Marc Gasol Jersey . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to the Philadelphia 76ers, proud possessors of a win streak for the first time since two weeks before the Olympics began. Any task worth doing is worth doing with commitment, and while you can argue whether tanking to get a good draft pick should be worth doing, thats the system, and the Sixers have been crafting a masterpiece. Before Saturday night they had lost 26 in a row, 29 of 30, and 36 of 39, and 27 straight losses would have a set a new record for consecutive defeats. But Saturday in Philly, the Sixers pulled one out, blowing out the hapless Detroit Pistons by 25 and getting a standing ovation. It was a raft in an ocean, a blip in the sky. But now, no matter what, they can say this: it could have been worse. Steve Simmons, Sun Media My thumb is up to Gregg Popovich, who just might be the greatest coach in the history of professional sport. And I dont say that lightly with terrific respect for the work done by Scotty Bowman and Phil Jackson and Bill Belichick, and yeah, certainly Vince Lombardi. Put your championships aside for a moment - this is the 15th straight season in which Popovichs San Antonio Spurs have won between 50 and 63 games in the NBA. To put that into perspective, thats the same number of 50-win seasons combined over that time that the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls, Warriors, Nets, Wizards, Pacers, 76ers, Bobcats, Hawks, and Raptors have won. Having Tim Duncan helps. But Duncan at 37 is slowing down. Heading to another 60 win season, Gregg Popovich doesnt seem to be. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to the R&A, for finally entering a new century. The 20th. The Royal and Ancient is urging its membership to allow women to become members of the venerable St. Andrews golf club in Scotland when it votes in September. This is a mere 260 years after the home of golf was founded, which qualifies as progress. Two other courses in the Open Championship rotation, Muirfield and Royal St. Georges, have yet to tiptoe down this perilous path to equality. By comparison, the nice gentlemen at Augusta National, which started accepting female members in 2012 - hello, Condoleeza Rice! - look like wild-eyed progressives. Dave Hodge, TSN My thumb is up to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, for making me seem less crazy than others think I am. I have been saying for years that the complexities of video review are confusing and unnecessary, and that a better system would be a very simple system that allows anything to be challenged. And no less an authority than Belichick is leading a push in this direction in the NFL. Never mind "this can be challenged under certain circumstances, but not that under any circumstances"--as Belichick says, "if a coach thinks his team has been victimized by a bad call, he should be able to question it, and its up to him to use the limited number of challenge flags with that in mind." As I say, "challenges might actually be fewer--same with wrong calls--and replay rules would be simpler. You can challenge those assumptions, but Bill Belichick wont. Chandler Parsons Jersey . - Mike Zimmer has brought a demanding style to the Minnesota Vikings. Lorenzen Wright Jersey . This week they discuss Russias mens hockey team, the ineptitude of the IOC handling the Nicklas Backstrom situation, John Tortorellas many apologies, and Canadas strong showing in curling. http://www.thegrizzliesofficial.com/Customized/ .“I always did my stuff ahead of the deadline. The best deal Ive ever done was the Darryl Sydor deal. We did that at the end of January in 04, and Syd was the missing piece.HOUSTON -- Former baseball star Chuck Knoblauch has been charged with misdemeanour assault after authorities in Houston say he hit and pushed his ex-wife. Knoblauch was released on $10,000 bond. His first court date is set for July 30. The four-time All-Star previously served a year of probation after being convicted of hitting his previous wife in 2010. His latest run-in with the law prompted the Minnesota Twins to cancel Knoblauchs induction ceremony into the Twins Hall of Fame that was scheduled for Aug. 23. Knoblauch also played for the New York Yankees and Kansas City Royals during a 12-year career. He was set to be inducted into the Twins Hall of Fame in August. The Twins quickly cancelled those plans on Thursday. "There are no plans to reschedule," Twins President Dave St. Peter said. "I suppose over time this could be revisited, but at this time from the Twins organization perspective, we currently have no intent to reschedule."- Knoblauch was an elite second baseman for the Twins from 1991-1997, a four-time All-Star, the AL Rookie of the Year in 1991 and a Gold Glove winner. But Knoblauchs image in Minnesota took a serious hit in his final season here when he requested to be traded from a team that had fallen on hard times. He was sent to the Yankees in a deal that netted the Twins Eric Milton and Cristian Guzman, but many fans never forgave him. Knoblauch was the subject of merciless heckling every time he returned to Minnesota with the Yankkees, including one game in 2001 that had to be stopped briefly when fans threw things at him while he played in left field. Mike Conley Jersey. He also struggled with drug problems and had issues with the law, but had been in close contact with the Twins since being voted into the teams hall in January. "He had certainly expressed to me he was in a different place in his life," St. Peter said. "He had learned from a variety of mistakes he had made in his life and he was looking forward to re-establishing a relationship with a lot of his teammates from his time in Minnesota, from people in the front office and, most importantly, with our fans. I know today thats something that he needs to deal with and hes very disappointed that that opportunity, at least in the short term, is not going to happen." Knoblauch was voted into the Twins hall by a committee of voters that included some Twins employees and former players but also media members in the area. Knoblauch will not be listed as a member of the teams Hall of Fame and he will not have a plaque to commemorate the honour with the other members outside Target Field. St. Peter said he cast a vote for Knoblauch on the ballot. "I strongly had the belief that he was in a different place and that he had made amends and was looking forward to being a better husband and a better dad," St. Peter said. "Obviously we need to see what transpires, but its disappointing, to say the least." Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz