Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Chrisbi's Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 36 mal aufgerufen
 HTML
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.09.2018 08:02
VANCOUVER -- Buck Pierce prepared for his retirement from the CFL by getting into the restaurant business while he was still pla Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Buck Pierce prepared for his retirement from the CFL by getting into the restaurant business while he was still playing. Caleb Sturgis Chargers Jersey . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. "(Football) is my passion. Ive always been a student of the game and looked up to coaches. "Obviously, (the passion doesnt end) just because you stop playing. That competitive fire will never burn out." Pierce split last season between the Lions and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, throwing for 1,176 yards, five touchdowns and seven interceptions. Over nine seasons with Winnipeg and B.C., he completed 1,200 passes for 15,289 yards, 76 TDs and 63 interceptions. "I feel pretty good about (retiring) actually," he said. "I feel that, over the last nine years, its been a great career for me. I enjoyed every minute of it. The teammates, the organizations were the part that were great experiences for me. Its a hard day also, in a way, for me because its what Ive known. Its what Ive been about for the most part of my life. "So its a big day in both ways. But Im also excited about the next phase of my life and moving on." Pierce, a 32-year-old Hutchinson, Kan., native who played collegiately at New Mexico State, originally signed with the Lions in 2005. He was a key member of the club as both a backup and starter through five seasons before playing 3 1/2 seasons with the Blue Bombers. He returned to B.C. last September in a trade that brought wide receiver Akeem Foster to Winnipeg. "Buck was a fearless competitor who never hesitated to put his body on the line for our organization," Lions general manager Wally Buono said in a news release. Pierces career was marred by multiple injuries as he chose to take a hit instead of sliding or running out of bounds before getting tackled. But he said the rewards were worth the punishment. "I wouldnt change anything I played the game the way that I felt this game should be played, and I felt that I represented myself extremely well on and off the field," he said. "Theres always going to be critics, and people are going to say what theyre going to say, but at the end of the day, I represented myself and my family and this league in a positive way." He won a Grey Cup with the Lions in 2006 and led the Bombers to the 2011 championship game, where they lost 34-23 to B.C. "Obviously, winning the Grey Cup in 06 was a big point in my life," he said. "Theres lots of memories. You dont necessarily remember all of the big wins and stuff like that. But when you play almost a decade, you have lots of teammates and you see lots of teammates be traded and all these things, so you have lots of memories that stick with you. "Obviously, when I helped the Bombers get to a Grey Cup in Vancouver, that was a big part, and I felt very good about what we accomplished that year." His final CFL campaign, when he was relegated to third-string status with the Blue Bombers before being dealt, was "extremely difficult." "But its all about what he you take away from situations and what you learn," he said. "I was fortunate enough to get traded to B.C., where it all started, and I had some great games at the end of the year. Im privileged and excited to be retiring as a Lion." Pierce had "extremely minor" arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder following the season and would have needed to get another contract from the Lions. But neither his health nor contract issues affected the decision to retire. "I didnt know what was going to happen (after) last year," he said. "I wanted it to be my decision. It wasnt money. It wasnt about injuries. It wasnt about anything else. It was about where I was at my point in my career and moving forward and taking that next step -- and about taking advantage of some of the opportunities that I have out there." Noting he had reached a state of contentment, Pierce expressed gratitude to fans, teammates and his two clubs alike. "The CFL and Canada have been great to me," he said. "Ive been fortunate to have amazing teammates, great mentors all throughout my career, and have played in great cities in the league -- and became a part of the culture here in Canada." He and his wife Lori, who is from Winnipeg, live in the Manitoba capital and plan to reside there until the future opportunities take them somewhere else. "Winnipegs the place that I call home right now," said Pierce. After announcing Pierces retirement, the Lions also announced the signings of quarterbacks John Beck and Jarrett Lee. Pending any early cuts following a mini-camp, the Lions are slated to have five quarterbacks at training camp in June in Kamloops, B.C. In addition to starter Travis Lulay, whose recovery from off-season shoulder surgery is considered ahead of schedule, the Lions have holdover QBs Joey Elliott, the apparent No. 2 at this point, and second-year pro Chris Hart. Kyzir White Jersey .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. Kyzir White Chargers Jersey .Tzavelas opened the scoring in the 11th and Pereyra added another in the 51st. Emmanuel Kone pulled one back in the 80th and Levadiakos missed several chances to level in the last 10 minutes. http://www.chargersauthenticofficialonline.com/authentic-derwin-james-jersey.html . The Cavaliers first-year forward will miss at least three weeks with a strained left knee, the latest setback for the No.WASHINGTON -- Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez doesnt want a repeat of starter Alex Woods outburst that got him ejected from Wednesday nights game against the Washington Nationals. Hell take the offences surge that came an inning later, though. Justin Upton and Dan Uggla each homered in a three-run sixth inning, and the Braves rallied past the Nationals for a 5-2 victory, lowering their magic number for clinching the NL East title to two games. "We struggled early, but it was bound to happen," Upton said. "Weve been struggling for a while here. At some point, we had to break out." Brian McCann and Jordan Schafer also drove in runs as the Braves snapped a three-game skid. Atlanta has not won the division since 2005, the last of 11 straight titles. Washington entered 4 1/2 games behind Cincinnati for the second NL wild card. "Thats just not enough," Nationals manager Davey Johnson said of taking the series two games to one. "We just cant afford to lose." Washington revealed after the game that Stephen Strasburg is being pushed back for the second time because of forearm tightness. He was scheduled to start Thursday but could not get loose Wednesday. Hes now scheduled to start Saturday. "I dont really know why its happening," said Strasburg, who will be replaced by Gio Gonzalez in the rotation. "When it happens, it happens. Its like a strong cramp. So, I just think it would put us in a bind if I went out there and felt it." Kameron Loe (1-2) got one out for the win. Craig Kimbrel, Atlantas seventh pitcher, rebounded from his loss Tuesday to record his 48th save. As he was being replaced after giving up two runs in the fifth inning, Wood was ejected for shouting and pointing at home plate umpire CB Bucknor. The rookie was upset with Bucknors ball-four call with the bases loaded earlier in the inning. "It was just one of those things where I let my emotions get the best of me there," Wood said. "In the latter part of that inning it was a big situation. I kind of felt it could have gone the other way and I did some things, said some things I probably shouldnt have said. (I) Immediately regretted it after I got inside." The inning began when Anthony Rendon singled and Washington pitcher Ross Ohlendorf bunted him to second. Span then hit a bouncer to first that Freddie Freeman bobbled for an error, putting runners on first and third. After Ryan Zimmerman walked to load the bases, Jayson Werth walked on a close 3-2 pitch to force in the games first run. Wood slammed hiss pitching hand into his glove as he came down off the mound and began yelling at Bucknor. Uchenna Nwosu Chargers Jersey. Third baseman Chris Johnson attempted to calm Wood, while Fredi Gonzalez came out to argue and was ejected by Bucknor. "I thought I made a pitch and I didnt. I reacted probably the opposite of the way I should of," Wood said. Asked what he thought of the pitch after seeing the replay in the clubhouse, Wood said, "He called it a ball. Its a ball." When play resumed, Bryce Harper hit a sacrifice fly, scoring Span. Atlanta bench coach Carlos Tosca came out to remove Wood, who shouted and pointed at Bucknor on his way to the dugout. "You dont do that kind of stuff on the mound. But he was fired up," Gonzalez said. "Thats something you learn from, and control your emotions. So, well chalk it up as a young starter in an emotional game that we wanted to win, and he got himself a little excited." Washingtons Denard Span extended his hitting streak to 29 straight, the longest in the majors this season. Ohlendorf (4-1) allowed three runs over six innings. The right-hander, making his second start in place of Strasburg, retired 10 straight to start the game. But with Atlanta trailing 2-0 in the sixth, Uggla led off with his 22nd homer. "I mean you can never tell," Uggla said of Woods outburst. "Things like that, sometimes they can spark something, sometimes the other pitcher just bears down." Schafer then bunted and went all the way to third when Ohlendorfs throw to first sailed down the right field line. Ohlendorf got two outs, but Upton hit the first pitch he saw over the wall in left-centre to put Atlanta ahead 3-2. It was Uptons 23rd home run. NOTES: Atlanta won the season series, 13-6. ... Atlanta OF Jason Heyward (fractured jaw) took simulated at-bats Wednesday, saying it went well. "Its something to be excited about, but Ive got work to do and Im not going to be satisfied until Im back," he said. ... SS Andrelton Simmons didnt start after playing through neck tightness in Tuesdays doubleheader. Gonzalez said the decision was precautionary, and Simmons entered the game in the seventh. ... Washington LHP Ross Detwiler (back strain), on the DL since July 7, threw a bullpen session Wednesday. Hell throw another this week and then travel to Viera, Fla., to pitch in the Instructional League Monday. Johnson said given the number of games left, its unlikely Detwiler will pitch for Washington again this season. ... The Braves open a three-game series Friday at the Cubs. Cheap Hawks Jerseys Cheap Celtics Jerseys Cheap Nets Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Cheap Bulls Jerseys Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Pistons Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Pacers Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Chrisbi's Forum
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz